ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

diamondmama
Newly Registered

Children permanent residence

Post by diamondmama » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Hello everyone,

Please I will need your advice on what to do in this type of situation I found myself. I married to an eu citizen, I came to this country in 2010 with my children. My children are all eea national and they started schooling here since then. My eea national worked from 2010 till 2013 before becoming a full time student. He his not aware of the CSI. In 2016 my application for permanent residence was refused because of the CSI.
My question now is that, can my children apply for permanent residence on their own or do they need my spouse treaty right for this to be possible. Please note that my children are age 4 - 13years. I am a non-eea national. Thanks

Thanks so much for taking your time to read this.

MrSlyFox

Re: Children permanent residence

Post by MrSlyFox » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:51 pm

The four-year-old hasn't spent five years in the UK yet, The thirteen-year-old is a student then to qualify would also need CSI.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 pm

diamondmama wrote:Hello everyone,

Please I will need your advice on what to do in this type of situation I found myself. I married to an eu citizen, I came to this country in 2010 with my children. My children are all eea national and they started schooling here since then. My eea national worked from 2010 till 2013 before becoming a full time student. He his not aware of the CSI. In 2016 my application for permanent residence was refused because of the CSI.
My question now is that, can my children apply for permanent residence on their own or do they need my spouse treaty right for this to be possible. Please note that my children are age 4 - 13years. I am a non-eea national. Thanks

Thanks so much for taking your time to read this.
Children may be classed as direct family dependents of father/sponsor.
But CSI would have to have been in place (via sponsor) - same as for you.

Minors could only be considered as selfsufficient qualified persons in their own right if they had their own CSI in place.

And as pointed out, a 4 year old child is temporally incapable of acquiring PR status yet.

To regularise all of your statuses suggest you all get CSI cover.
And consider applying for RCs in the meantime in order to confirm your status in UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

diamondmama
Newly Registered

Post by diamondmama » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate your advices.

diamondmama
Newly Registered

Post by diamondmama » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:40 am

Sorry to bother you again, my husband started work last week and I have been working since 2014. I just want to be sure if our children still need csi or not. Please note that three of the children have their EHIC card issue to them in Austria. The 4 year old was born here so she hasn't got one.Thanks a lot