ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time taken by UKBA for renewal of annual allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flower2013
Newly Registered

time taken by UKBA for renewal of annual allocation

Post by flower2013 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi everyone,
I need help. I am on tier 2 visa and my visa needs renewal before february. My employer forgot to ask for annual allocation and now we do not have any CoS left. My employer did request for annual allocation on 02 December and we still waiting for it.

Can someone please let me know how long will this take? My visa expires on first week of february. Is this the right approach to take. Do my employer need to request for increase or what they have done is correct. I am confused and any help is highly appreciated.

When checked on sponsor management system on renewal of annual allocation all my employer can see is when request made, just that. Nothing else mentioned. I was planning to go home before doing my visa renewal. Lucky i didnot go. We were unaware of all this annual renewal process.
I am a bit worried. Need advise and assurance.
Thank you in advance

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: time taken by UKBA for renewal of annual allocation

Post by iworker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:13 pm

it is taking longer than it used to.. but i think u should be ok with feb date.
they have launched a new service as well, where u pay for quick response to increase of your cos allocation.

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi,

I am still waiting for CoS allocation. I am a bit scared now. Will be good to hear similar cases. It's almost coming to 1 month now.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 pm

COS allocation can take upto 8 weeks. Plus factor in xmas etc

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Frontier,

Thank you for your reply. I will post when I receive the CoS.

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi flower2013,

Have you heard anything from Home Office/UKVI yet?

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi Mul,
No. Havenot heard anything. No updates yet. I am planning to wait till end of next week and if nothing heard till then then ask my employer to give them a call after that.

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:21 am

flower2013 wrote:Hi Mul,
No. Havenot heard anything. No updates yet. I am planning to wait till end of next week and if nothing heard till then then ask my employer to give them a call after that.
Hi flower2013,

Have you heard anything about CoS allocation yet? What steps you/your HR taken to expedite the process?
We have tried ringing the priority service but their phone is always busy. Not sure what else we can do.

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 am

Hi Mul,
My employer wrote an email to UKBA on Wednesday enquiring when we will receive the CoS. We havenot heard anything from them. This is taking so long. We havenot tried priority service yet. I still don't know how is that done. When I read instructions it says do from sponsor management system and SMS change of circumstances is not that clear. Let's see what happens. Will wait for this week and then need to do the priority I guess!!
Even priority seems to take 3 weeks(based on reviews I have read). Just hoping for the best now. Do drop some suggestions if you have any!!

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:21 pm

My employer wrote an email to UKBA on Wednesday enquiring when we will receive the CoS. We havenot heard anything from them. This is taking so long. We havenot tried priority service yet. I still don't know how is that done. When I read instructions it says do from sponsor management system and SMS change of circumstances is not that clear. Let's see what happens. Will wait for this week and then need to do the priority I guess!!
Even priority seems to take 3 weeks(based on reviews I have read). Just hoping for the best now. Do drop some suggestions if you have any!!
Priory service is where your employer/HR need to phone on 01415556027 and provide CoS allocation application reference number, license number and maybe some more details about the the employer and then pay £200 for fast track allocation of CoS. (This information is provided to me from my HR).

My HR has been trying since last week everyday to phone this number but it is always busy. They also tired normal business helpline number, email but no help so far.

Fingers Crossed!

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Mul,
Thank you for your reply. I have a question. You know when you go to request change to license details in the licence summary. Is it there that you ask for a COS?? How do you do the priority application.

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Mul,
We got a reply from business help desk saying it might take upto 18 weeks and only way to speed up the process is to use the priority service.We planning to use that one. Will let you know of any update.
I only have 3 weeks left on my visa now. Very stressful time

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 pm

We got a reply from business help desk saying it might take upto 18 weeks and only way to speed up the process is to use the priority service.We planning to use that one. Will let you know of any update.
I only have 3 weeks left on my visa now. Very stressful time
My HR team and myself are trying to contact priority service from last Monday everyday, but their phone is always engaged. Not sure what else I can do now. I was literally calling the priority service number every minute but it was busy.

I have got 4 weeks left now. Not sure what else I can do now. Very stressed. Please let me know if you manage to get through the priority service. Good luck.

Can you please also let me know the number you are going to call for the priority service?

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Mul,
We got our CoS renewal now. Have you got yours?? We didnot use the premium service, we sent an email to business desk.

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:40 pm

We got our CoS renewal now. Have you got yours?? We didnot use the premium service, we sent an email to business desk.
Excellent!
Finally a good news. I will ask my HR to do the same. I have just read your reply in another post as well. Good luck for your visa application and keep updating.

prithamd
Newly Registered

Post by prithamd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi,

My company also did send out an email to the business helpdesk (businesshelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for them to expedite the CoS allocation- but they replied saying they can't help with this matter.

Could you please let us know how you went about this, please?

Many thanks!

sabi27
Mood:

Post by sabi27 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:29 am

Hi Guys,

So our CoS allocation was approved yesterday (20th Jan). It took 15 days via premium service.

As we had already applied for our visa without CoS, now my questions are when sending CoS to HO;

1. Should we send a copy of my submitted visa application as well?
2. Should I send my old (expired) passport as well which was used for my previous Tier 2 leave to remain?
3. Is it possible to switch from standard to premium visa service?

I'll much appreciate your response as always.

Regards,

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:34 pm

sabi27 wrote:Hi Guys,

So our CoS allocation was approved yesterday (20th Jan). It took 15 days via premium service.

As we had already applied for our visa without CoS, now my questions are when sending CoS to HO;

2. Should I send my old (expired) passport as well which was used for my previous Tier 2 leave to remain?

Regards,
Hi

My brothers visa is running out on 10th Feb . Trying priority service but number engage . Is there any good time to get hold of them

Also , can we do this that send application without cos and later submit . I am is this way acceptable by home office

sabi27
Mood:

Post by sabi27 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:43 am

GOd Helps wrote:

Regards,
Hi

My brothers visa is running out on 10th Feb . Trying priority service but number engage . Is there any good time to get hold of them

Also , can we do this that send application without cos and later submit . I am is this way acceptable by home office
Hey,

Start ringing Priority Service from 9:00am. It takes about 45 minutes on a good day to get your call through. At least this is what we have experienced and this was when 2 people were continuously dialing.

Just a little heads up, even they say that you will get your allocation in 5 working days via premium service, this is not guaranteed. In our case it took 15 days via priority service. However, it did came in on the last day of when my visa was expiring and this was after so many calls and emails to their BusinessHelpdesk.

After doing all this, wait till 10th Feb mid-day. If you don't see the allocation then submit your application without CoS and send as much information and copies of emails that you have sent to chase HO with your documents. Another suggestion was in this scenario don't use premium or priority service for visa. As you need to buy time for your allocation to come through so apply via standard visa service.

I hope this helps. If anyone else wants to add something to it or correct me if I am wrong at some point.

All the best.

Regards,

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 am

We applied on 9th Dec.

Today we managed to contact priority service after 4 weeks of continuous attempts everyday.

The response from priority service was "The case has already been allocated to someone to deal with and we cannot get a priority line."

They gave a number for the immigration office for us to call however the response on this number was that there was nothing we can do, the case has been allocated to the case working team and can take up to 18 weeks to go through.

I hope we hear something over the next few days.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:33 pm

sabi27 wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:

Regards,
Hi

Hey,

Start ringing Priority Service from 9:00am. It takes about 45 minutes on a good day to get your call through. At least this is what we have experienced and this was when 2 people were continuously dialing.

Just a little heads up, even they say that you will get your allocation in 5 working days via premium service, this is not guaranteed. In our case it took 15 days via priority service. However, it did came in on the last day of when my visa was expiring and this was after so many calls and emails to their BusinessHelpdesk.

After doing all this, wait till 10th Feb mid-day. If you don't see the allocation then submit your application without CoS and send as much information and copies of emails that you have sent to chase HO with your documents. Another suggestion was in this scenario don't use premium or priority service for visa. As you need to buy time for your allocation to come through so apply via standard visa service.

I hope this helps. If anyone else wants to add something to it or correct me if I am wrong at some point.

All the best.

Hi all , we applied for priority in the morning in Called the line continually for 1.5 hours finally got thru . And we got the priority decision of increase in CoS after an hour !!!!!!
Just want to confirm plz now what documents to submit with the extension application
Regards,

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Got my CoS.

Applied on 9th Dec and recieved today (30th Jan). Contacted UKVI many times via emails and phone to expedite the process.

Posting dates for reference for others.

Thanks all,
mul5387