ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time for British Passport under pilot scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mani13
Newly Registered

Time for British Passport under pilot scheme

Post by mani13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 am

Hello Guys,

Any thoughts on this please?

We applied for naturalisation under pilot scheme and attended the ceremony 2 days ago. We called the passport office today to check the status of our passport application. They said that the status is Examination.

Does the councils update the passport office and Home Office on the same day of the ceremony we attend?

How long it usually takes to deliver the British passport under pilot scheme?

Thanks.

Casa

Re: Time for British Passport under pilot scheme

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 am

Between 2-6 weeks but bear in mind that you have applied in the busiest season of the year for passport applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mani13
Newly Registered

Post by mani13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:55 am

OK. Thank you.

We have holidays booked from the 1st week of August to first week of september.

If we don't get the British Passport before August, can an Adult travel to India on Indian Passport & naturalisation certificate?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am

A naturalisation certificate won't be accepted by the airline for boarding on your return and I assume you won't have your BRP as this should have been returned within 5 days of attending your ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello

Has anyone recently received the passport under Joint Naturalisation and passport Scheme. How many days does it take to get the passport once ceremony has been done ?

I am done with my naturalisation and I have attended the ceremony on 4th Jan

Since then I called the passport office and they say status as 'Under Examination' and say your application is with Liverpool passport office
Also they state that last update made on this was on 6th Dec that Citizenship has been approved

Looks like they dont have any update that ceremony has been completed

what can i do in this situation ? can anyone advise please

I have travel planned on 15th Feb from UK

Regards
Z