ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanshah

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by sanshah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Shanu111 wrote:Hi
I have applied my ilr end of April 2016.still waiting for decision.nearly 10 months now.is any one there have applied on a April or before any update?and I heard they gonna hold the application because of TAX Return. After 31st of January they going to start to process .if anyone didn't declare their earnings 2015/2016 tax return it will be a problem
I have applied my ILR on 26 of JAN 2016 and still waiting. And I think you are right they are holding most of ILR applications regarding HSMP, Tier 1 Gen etc because of these tax amendments, which are directly related to tax returns. Most of the applicants who applied as self employed or showed themselves as director of the company claims the earning which were actually not earned. Home office could raise an issue that at the time before the application filed most of the people showed the profits and claim earning points but right after when they got visa/extension their companies suffer a loss and so as they did the tax amendments.To get the first visa or extension were not a big deal but I dont think they will issue ILR as easily like them. People who applied ILR last year definitely showed their companies were trading and making profits for the year 2014 to 2015 which will show in their annual tax return, but for the year 2015-16 there will be no profit unless its a genuine income ,that is why they are holding the cases until people file their new tax returns.
Best of Luck everyone.

AdaobiN
Newly Registered

Post by AdaobiN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:41 am

Hi

I received a 'Letter Of Liability for Detention'

I had my ILR refused on the ground that they think that my self employment is not genuine. I have been on Tier 1 G for more than 5years. My AR was also refused. i have sent in a JR. However, I received a letter of 'Liability for Detention' or removal from the HO, which requires me to be reporting to the Police station monthly.

I made my application on time by post before my visa expired.

I am scared that i might be detained illegally while my JR is still in process. I have received various advice not to attend but i am confused on what to do. Even my lawyer is surprised such a letter was sent to me and does not support that i visit the police station while my case is still in court.

Please can someone advice me

Thank you

Thank you.

akeme1
Newly Registered

Post by akeme1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 am

sanshah wrote:
I have applied my ilr end of April 2016.still waiting for decision.nearly 10 months now.is any one there have applied on a April or before any update?and I heard they gonna hold the application because of TAX Return. After 31st of January they going to start to process .if anyone didn't declare their earnings 2015/2016 tax return it will be a problem
I have applied my ILR on 26 of JAN 2016 and still waiting. And I think you are right they are holding most of ILR applications regarding HSMP, Tier 1 Gen etc because of these tax amendments, which are directly related to tax returns. Most of the applicants who applied as self employed or showed themselves as director of the company claims the earning which were actually not earned. Home office could raise an issue that at the time before the application filed most of the people showed the profits and claim earning points but right after when they got visa/extension their companies suffer a loss and so as they did the tax amendments.To get the first visa or extension were not a big deal but I dont think they will issue ILR as easily like them. People who applied ILR last year definitely showed their companies were trading and making profits for the year 2014 to 2015 which will show in their annual tax return, but for the year 2015-16 there will be no profit unless its a genuine income ,that is why they are holding the cases until people file their new tax returns.
Best of Luck everyone.

I think it will be wrong for HO to keep application till we do 2015-2016 tax return by Jan 31st deadline.

Most people including me have their self employed earning split into two tax year(2015-2016 and 2016-2017 tax year). Anyway, let see how it go

App = 25/7
Bio = 18/8
Receive letter on 9th jan that it will take them more than 6month

Iqrahussain
Newly Registered

Post by Iqrahussain » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello Thankyou to all of you for sharing your application timeline.it really helps when we see there are some other people in same situation.i submitted my ilr application in end of March,done biomatric in april.after that just received automated homeoffice mail that case is under process (look like they are thinking to give us plot on mars taking so much time :roll: ) so frustrating this waiting period .n when call2 home office they are clueless do notknow what to responde.good luck everyone may the Lord of heaven&earth help us n make it easy for everyone .

Dan0302
Newly Registered

Post by Dan0302 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 am

Hi,
Can someone please help me , I won the case at the first tier tribunal , court ordered to pay back the court fees.2 weeks ago I received the money into my bank account . But today I received a call from my barrister that he received a letter from home office and they asking my original documents again .

These are the documents which I send with my initial application . Home office return with when the rejected . Why they wanted documents again ?? Will they go against the tribunal decision ?? Please let me know if anyone had the same problem .

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 am

Iqrahussain wrote:Hello Thankyou to all of you for sharing your application timeline.it really helps when we see there are some other people in same situation.i submitted my ilr application in end of March,done biomatric in april.after that just received automated homeoffice mail that case is under process (look like they are thinking to give us plot on mars taking so much time :roll: ) so frustrating this waiting period .n when call2 home office they are clueless do notknow what to responde.good luck everyone may the Lord of heaven&earth help us n make it easy for everyone .

I think there are many of us going through the same, i called them twice now but got the same answer as many other members. I missed wedding of my close friend , since i cant travel anywhere. its been like 7 months and counting. Even my employer is a bit pain , keep on asking me about it ! its very frustrating !!

Lets hope it will turn out good for everyone who has applied.

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:05 am

Happy85 wrote:
Thanks for update. I paid this morning 2015-16 tax about 20k . Thanks
20 k is a lot of money , how many years was it for ?

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 am

ahmed_110 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:
Thanks for update. I paid this morning 2015-16 tax about 20k . Thanks
20 k is a lot of money , how many years was it for ?
I show as director as a company and I took dividend from company .

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Timelines

Posted on 10AUG2016
Received on 11AUG2016
Biometric Done 30AUG16
Still waiting!!

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:16 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:Timelines

Posted on 10AUG2016
Received on 11AUG2016
Biometric Done 30AUG16
Still waiting!!
Any email from HO .any tax amendment.

realname
Newly Registered

Post by realname » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Timelines/Status:

Posted: 16June2016 (Current ILR application just on employment)

(Previous both applications for tier1 were employment + Self-employment - Amended tax for 2010 application and paid in full before applying for ILR)

Biometrics done: 10July2016

Received a letter in late November asking why I didn't apply for my son - replied saying he is born in UK

Received an email & letter in December asking to attend interview - Given interview in late December

Still Waiting!!!

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 pm

realname wrote:Timelines/Status:

(Previous both applications for tier1 were employment + Self-employment - Amended tax for 2010 application and paid in full before applying for ILR)

Received a letter in late November asking why I didn't apply for my son - replied saying he is born in UK

Received an email & letter in December asking to attend interview - Given interview in late December

Still Waiting!!!
Hi Realname,

Thanks for sharing your timeline with the rest of the forum members. I wish you the very best on your application.I am currently in the same situation as you.

I have made a postal application on August 8th as a payee and still waiting for a decision. In all the cases posted on this forum , yours is the only one where i can see you have been called for an interview even when you have made amendments and cleared your balances with HMRC prior to your application and have made your ILR application as a payee.It would be of great help if you can kindly answer some of the questions i have.

1. Were you above the required income threshold before the amendments were made ?

2. Did you submit additional papers from HMRC as part of your application to validate you resolved the discrepancies with HMRC and also proof that you have made the payments?

2. What was the nature of the questions on your interview, are they similar to the ones being asked for self employed applicants or did they have any specific questions on your previous amends? Can you please post those questions if you remember them, this will help others who are in similar situation.

I understand you are going through a hard time and i wish you get the result you worked hard for. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Raj

realname
Newly Registered

Post by realname » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

jarraj1102 wrote:

Still Waiting!!!
Hi Realname,

Thanks for sharing your timeline with the rest of the forum members. I wish you the very best on your application.I am currently in the same situation as you.

I have made a postal application on August 8th as a payee and still waiting for a decision. In all the cases posted on this forum , yours is the only one where i can see you have been called for an interview even when you have made amendments and cleared your balances with HMRC prior to your application and have made your ILR application as a payee.It would be of great help if you can kindly answer some of the questions i have.

1. Were you above the required income threshold before the amendments were made ?

2. Did you submit additional papers from HMRC as part of your application to validate you resolved the discrepancies with HMRC and also proof that you have made the payments?

2. What was the nature of the questions on your interview, are they similar to the ones being asked for self employed applicants or did they have any specific questions on your previous amends? Can you please post those questions if you remember them, this will help others who are in similar situation.

I understand you are going through a hard time and i wish you get the result you worked hard for. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Raj

Hi Raj,

Good luck with your application.

Here are the answers to your questions:

No the income was below threshold before the amendments

No I didnt attach any additional information regarding amendments made or payments.

3. What was the nature of the questions on your interview, are they similar to the ones being asked for self employed applicants or did they have any specific questions on your previous amends? Can you please post those questions if you remember them, this will help others who are in similar situation.
Name?
DOB?
Earnings claimed for current application?
Is is from current employment?
How many hours do yo work per week?
How do you travel to work?
Any self-employment earnings for this application?
Name of the company working for currently?
How long have you been working for this company?
How did you find this Job?
what is your qualification?
what were the subjects in your University?
How did you travel to University?
In previous application you claimed for self-employment earning is it right?
self employment duration ?
Amount earned each year from self-employment from 2010-2013?
Name of the clients and service provided when you were self-employed?
Are this names from the application of 2012-2013?
Name of the accountant?
How much did you pay your accountant?
What documents did you provide to your accountant?
Amount claimed for self employment doesn't match with the amount declared in 2010 for tax why?
how did you realize there was a tax issue?
Do you have written proof that tax is paid correctly?
Why are you not self-employed currently?
Since you came to this country did anyone ask you to do something which is wrong?
Did you lend money to anyone?
Do you have anything to ask?

Hope this helps to everyone who is been called for interview. I will post the outcome if I receive any result.

I have a request to anyone on this forum to post the outcome who have been to interview. Many people like me will benefit and are waiting for result :-)

Thanks!!!

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm

realname wrote:
jarraj1102 wrote:

Still Waiting!!!
Hi Realname,

Regards

Raj

Hi Raj,

Good luck with your application.

Here are the answers to your questions:

No the income was below threshold before the amendments

No I didnt attach any additional information regarding amendments made or payments.

3. What was the nature of the questions on your interview, are they similar to the ones being asked for self employed applicants or did they have any specific questions on your previous amends? Can you please post those questions if you remember them, this will help others who are in similar situation.
Name?
DOB?
Earnings claimed for current application?
Is is from current employment?
How many hours do yo work per week?
How do you travel to work?
Any self-employment earnings for this application?
Name of the company working for currently?
How long have you been working for this company?
How did you find this Job?
what is your qualification?
what were the subjects in your University?
How did you travel to University?
In previous application you claimed for self-employment earning is it right?
self employment duration ?
Amount earned each year from self-employment from 2010-2013?
Name of the clients and service provided when you were self-employed?
Are this names from the application of 2012-2013?
Name of the accountant?
How much did you pay your accountant?
What documents did you provide to your accountant?
Amount claimed for self employment doesn't match with the amount declared in 2010 for tax why?
how did you realize there was a tax issue?
Do you have written proof that tax is paid correctly?
Why are you not self-employed currently?
Since you came to this country did anyone ask you to do something which is wrong?
Did you lend money to anyone?
Do you have anything to ask?

Hope this helps to everyone who is been called for interview. I will post the outcome if I receive any result.

I have a request to anyone on this forum to post the outcome who have been to interview. Many people like me will benefit and are waiting for result :-)

Thanks!!!

Hi Realname,

Many thanks for your reply. I have submitted my updated HMRC papers along with the application just so that i have more leverage while fighting my case in AR as we cannot submit new documents later .

Appreciate all your support and once again on responding to my query. I hope others come forward to share their experiences after the interview.

I will definitely update once i have any news from HO.

Regards

Raj

Shaz321
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by Shaz321 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm

kapil83 wrote:Hi Wasi36

Thanks for the reply it will be exactly 6 months wait for my friend on the 4th aug and had his interview on may 4th (3 months since interview). so he is expecting in a weeks time. he didnt have any ammendments and paid all taxes on time
Hi @Wasi36, Has your friend heard anything from HO after his interview?

Shaz321
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz321 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:53 pm

gops1 wrote:Just to update you guys, my ILR has been approved. My timeline are as below:

Application sent: 08 March.
Application received : 09 March
Biometric done: 04 May
Application approved on 23 August(date on approval letter).
Documents received by my representative: 25 August.
Biometric card- Yet to receive.

Thank you everyone in this group for the help.

Wish you all the best. Hope the outstanding applicants will receive their approvals very soon. God bless.
Hi gops1, Did you have any tax amendments? and did you apply through Tier 1 General route ?

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Shaz321 wrote:
gops1 wrote:Just to update you guys, my ILR has been approved. My timeline are as below:

Application sent: 08 March.
Application received : 09 March
Biometric done: 04 May
Application approved on 23 August(date on approval letter).
Documents received by my representative: 25 August.
Biometric card- Yet to receive.

Thank you everyone in this group for the help.

Wish you all the best. Hope the outstanding applicants will receive their approvals very soon. God bless.
Hi gops1, Did you have any tax amendments? and did you apply through Tier 1 General route ?
Hi friend Congratulation , plz can you let us know about your full detail of your case. Did you applied from tier-1 or tier-2 any tax amendments or any Hmrc problems plz give us full details and congratulations again.

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi everybody, I am in almost same situation with tax amendments as most of us waiting for my decision. I applied in Feb 2016 haven't got any communication what so ever yet, did my amendments after sending my case but got everything cleared from hmrc. Could anybody recommend me any good lawyer in this situation. I am on Tier1 G to ILR route, also worried about 31 Jan deadline, any advise would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Moa

Shaz321
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz321 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:41 pm

dhillu wrote:
SetO guy wrote:Thats a great news Dhillu. Congratulations. Happy for you.

All the best. Go for a lengthy holiday. Your patience has paid off.
Thank you my friend, I definitely deserve holiday, waited for 6 months for this..

All the best for you!!
Hi dhillu, Did you have any tax amendments?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:43 pm

moa wrote:Hi everybody, I am in almost same situation with tax amendments as most of us waiting for my decision. I applied in Feb 2016 haven't got any communication what so ever yet, did my amendments after sending my case but got everything cleared from hmrc. Could anybody recommend me any good lawyer in this situation. I am on Tier1 G to ILR route, also worried about 31 Jan deadline, any advise would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Moa
No recommendations entertained here - for obvious reasons.
And unclear what use a lawyer is with application already filed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi, I would appreciate if anybody could tell me the names of any good lawyer through PM, many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:25 pm

moa wrote:Hi, I would appreciate if anybody could tell me the names of any good lawyer through PM, many thanks.
You don't have PM access yet. Suggest look on the OISC website for at least a level 2 advisor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
moa wrote:Hi, I would appreciate if anybody could tell me the names of any good lawyer through PM, many thanks.
You don't have PM access yet. Suggest look on the OISC website for at least a level 2 advisor.
Hi friend if you don't mind what's mean "P M" access .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Happy85 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Hi friend if you don't mind what's mean "P M" access .
PM = Private Message
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 am

Hi All,

Does anyone have received any letter for interview or any communication from Home Office.Waiting since June 2016.Last letter was in November 2016 of "waiting for response from one of the Govt agency", Since then nothing.

Any update will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ali