ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP and its issues - passport can't be issued

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

JCAP and its issues - passport can't be issued

Post by zeenatmadhani » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in this same situation now
My ceremony is done on 4th January

I have called passport office 2 to 3 times to check progress. Today on 21st Jan when I called they said that we have not received any notification from home office that your ceremony is done

we can't issue passport unless we get this notification from home office.

What is the best I can do in this ?

NAP
Newly Registered

Re: JCAP and its issues - passport can't be issued

Post by NAP » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 am

I posted about this, in the 2016 forum. Here is the solution that solved it for us so assuming things have not changed then give it a try:

Send email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Please note that we confirmed first that the local authority had indeed sent the update to UKVI about our ceremony, and also that UKVI had the correct status on their system. The issue was with the message between UKVI and HMPO. After emailing the above address, with clear markings that it was a JCAP application, what was wrong, and our home office reference, together with DOB and full names, it was about a week to resolve the issue. Once the caseworker confirmed that the issue was fixed, we followed up with a call to HMPO to confirm that it had come through which took another 2 or 3 days for it to update onto their computer system. Once it had, then passport arrived the following day. Such a relief as we are due to fly a day after that!

Please note the service target in 2016 was 'within 20 days' so it may still be a bit early to chase this one.
Hope it works out for you.

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 am

The target for Passport Office is still 20 working days

so last week I did call the council but I did not get a clear answer about it. They said to me that they can't do anything and I need to contact Home office

So did the local authority provide you with any confirmation email or reference number that they have indeed sent the details to Home office ?

I am planning to call the Local authority again today

I have send email to the email id you mentioned and have got a read receipt too . I hope I get some reply from this email id

I have travel planned on 15th Feb so I need to speed things up

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Update

So I called the Local Authority just now

they have raised it as an issue and provided me with a reference number

they said we are now sending email to their internal back office and they will check if they have updated their systems and informed home office about your ceremony completion

also they will call you back to confirm this

so now i am waiting for a call from Reading council to confirm with me that they have indeed updated their systems and they have informed Home office of my ceremony date

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi

Just now i got an reply from the email id you gave me that they have got confirmation from the Council and they will send confirmation in a day or two to Passport office

Hope so they send confirmation soon

NAP
Newly Registered

Post by NAP » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm

OK that sounds positive!
Probably not much point chasing the council anymore then as it sounds like they have done their part.

Once our application got to that stage, then it took a couple of days for the notification to 'push' through from UKVI to the Passport Office computer system. Give it a couple of days and than call the passport office for confirmation the notification has arrived (unless you get a text update first which generally means the passport is in the mail already).

Once notification got to HMPO the passport came within a day!
I am sure things will work out OK for you. :D

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Hello

Yes finally it got sorted !!!

Got a text message today that Passport will be send to you in couple of days .

Do you think if I call them they will let me know the delivery date ?
I won't be home so it will go back

Regards
Zeenat