ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Actual experience on using language for ILR after 2013 oct

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

molder123
Newly Registered

Actual experience on using language for ILR after 2013 oct

Post by molder123 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks in advance !

I was planning to submit my naturalisation (and my family) through NCS and NCS officer was adamant that I need a letter from UK NARIC to prove English Language criteria .They told me without that application won’t work.
Fact that I have proved this in my past Tier 1 extensions plus ILR, no idea why need another letter now.
As clearly AN form got a option to state that.
I have my degree certificate(from Bangalore university India) which was accepted when I did Tier 1 extensions then ILR on 2015 August.
Can anyone tell me do I really now need a letter from UK NARIC or does anyone here have realexperience submitting degree certificate with just ticking “I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013”.

Please I have red many post including FAQ on this just didn’t find anyone really had experience who got naturalisation by doing just above (not NARIC letter) .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Actual experience on using language for ILR after 2013 o

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:18 am

“I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013”
You only need to tick this box if you got ILR after this date. You don't need to submit proof again (you must submit LIUK though). HO will write to you if they need anything.

In saying this, if you are submitted a foreign degree, then NARIC ELA is expected yes.

NCS are third party agents, they are not HO employees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 am

Hi

I had my NCS appointment 2 weeks ago. The member of staff at NCS said, even if I have ticked that special 2013 box, I have to submit the degree certificates and everything that I used to prove language skills at the time of ILR. I also brought the fact to her notice that the PBS is no longer available to which she said it was valid at the time of ILR so its OK to submit PBS printout. I haven't submitted NARIC :(

That said, Let's see what happens as the application has already gone through. Fingers crossed

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 am

As there is no NARIC ELA with my application, will they reject my application straight away or they will ask for it? :shock: :shock:

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 am

You should be given the opportunity to provide it.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:44 am

I am wondering if I should keep it ready rather than them asking for it.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Does it make sense to voluntarily send the NARIC certificate before they even ask for it?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

milindsm wrote:Does it make sense to voluntarily send the NARIC certificate before they even ask for it?
If you're concerned, yes you can do.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

molder123
Newly Registered

Post by molder123 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm

milindsm wrote:Does it make sense to voluntarily send the NARIC certificate before they even ask for it?
@ milindsm , I wont bother as even one NCS officer told me if they want they will ask for it . So if they ask i will prepare one and send. we are same as you . Do make sure you update the outcome of yours in this thread if you can so it will help others .

Guide book clearly say that you don't have to prove it again. However you can send it if you concerned .
Anyway Thanks for reply ..

gautamrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by gautamrajeev » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:01 pm

molder123 wrote:Thanks in advance !

I was planning to submit my naturalisation (and my family) through NCS and NCS officer was adamant that I need a letter from UK NARIC to prove English Language criteria .They told me without that application won’t work.
Fact that I have proved this in my past Tier 1 extensions plus ILR, no idea why need another letter now.
As clearly AN form got a option to state that.
I have my degree certificate(from Bangalore university India) which was accepted when I did Tier 1 extensions then ILR on 2015 August.
Can anyone tell me do I really now need a letter from UK NARIC or does anyone here have realexperience submitting degree certificate with just ticking “I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013”.

Please I have red many post including FAQ on this just didn’t find anyone really had experience who got naturalisation by doing just above (not NARIC letter) .
Hi I am in same situation as you. I have call ncs and they have asked the degree and pbs printout which i had submitted during ILR. Then i called nationality service and they have asked for same. In case i dont have old PBS printout then NARIC certificate.

By luck i have my pbs saved but not for my wife. Really confused now what to do. One of my colleague did it last year and during NCS appointment , no body asked for any document for english. but again it depends on person to person. To be safe i think it is good to get NARIC. Though i myself cannot justify it, another scheme to generate money from immigrants.

Thanks,
Rajeev

timetomove
Newly Registered

Post by timetomove » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello,
Can anyone confirm if their application was accepted without giving the NARIC Certificate or not?

Thanks

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

I can now confirm that my application has been approved without NARIC certificate :)

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm

I got my ILR in Feb 2016 using Foreign Degree taught in English with PBS Print-out. NCS says, they are instructed to get NARIC certificate. It is still confusing as the Application form has an option to select 'Met Language Requirement' post Oct 2013. Does this option only applicable to UK degree?
Do I need to get NARIC letter this time? Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

mrajkumar wrote:I got my ILR in Feb 2016 using Foreign Degree taught in English with PBS Print-out. NCS says, they are instructed to get NARIC certificate. It is still confusing as the Application form has an option to select 'Met Language Requirement' post Oct 2013. Does this option only applicable to UK degree?
You can still tick the box that you met the requirement for ILR after 28 Oct 2013 but understand that HO can and sometimes do ask applicants to submit proof and PBS calculator won't be acceptable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks CR001, much appreciated.
Would HO ask for UK NARIC if they think it is needed or reject the application?

Is it possible to apply and get the UK NARIC certificate after HO asks for it post application submission?

NARIC takes 10-15 working days to issue a certificate, is this time period allowed to send additional documents? and the fee is £150(would be nice if it is possible to save this money).
CR001 wrote:
mrajkumar wrote:I got my ILR in Feb 2016 using Foreign Degree taught in English with PBS Print-out. NCS says, they are instructed to get NARIC certificate. It is still confusing as the Application form has an option to select 'Met Language Requirement' post Oct 2013. Does this option only applicable to UK degree?
You can still tick the box that you met the requirement for ILR after 28 Oct 2013 but understand that HO can and sometimes do ask applicants to submit proof and PBS calculator won't be acceptable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:25 am

mrajkumar wrote:Thanks CR001, much appreciated.

Is it possible to apply and get the UK NARIC certificate after HO asks for it post application submission?

NARIC takes 10-15 working days to issue a certificate, is this time period allowed to send additional documents? and the fee is £150(would be nice if it is possible to save this money).
CR001 wrote:
You will have 10 days within which you have to provide HO the proof if they write to you and ask for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks CR001.
CR001 wrote:
mrajkumar wrote:Thanks CR001, much appreciated.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

irrespective of the fact that you have proved English and LIUK at ILR stage, you will have to prove it again at Naturalisation stage.
The Option asking if you have obtained ILR after Oct 2013 (and this is my Guess/ Understanding) ..... if you have obtained ILR before OCT 2013, then you will need LIUK only (as previously one could prove English by passing LIUK test). If you have got ILR after Oct 2013, then you would need both LIUK and English Test from Trinity College OR NARIC.

This is my understanding (may be wrong) that I came up with after hearing the NCS is demanding for these docs. May be senior members can shed more light on this.
If my understanding is wrong, please feel free to correct me, I wouldn't mind :)

Thanks
R

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 am

I got my ILR after Oct 2013 so I just ticked an appropriate option. NCS staff asked me to provide the same docs that I'd provided earlier at the time of ILR for English Language. So, I provided degree certificate, transcript and a print out of PBS calculator (thankfully I'd saved it in PDF.) I also brought to NCS staff's notice that PBS is out of use now on which she said, "well, it was in use when you applied for your ILR!" :)

I didn't have NARIC or Trinity college certificate but she said Home Office can write you if they want it. Thankfully they didn't ask for it and I got my approval letter last week. But I agree, it is always good to keep one or the other thing ready in case you are asked to produce it (especially NARIC as they take 10-15 days)

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:10 am

Agreed, its better to keep the document ready in case HO ask for it. I have already applied for NARIC certificate but it takes 10-15 days to receive. Planning to apply for naturalization before the fee increase even if I don't receive the NARIC certificate on time. Is there any chance HO can reject the application without asking for additional document?
milindsm wrote:I got my ILR after Oct 2013 so I just ticked an appropriate option. NCS staff asked me to provide the same docs that I'd provided earlier at the time of ILR for English Language. So, I provided degree certificate, transcript and a print out of PBS calculator (thankfully I'd saved it in PDF.) I also brought to NCS staff's notice that PBS is out of use now on which she said, "well, it was in use when you applied for your ILR!" :)

I didn't have NARIC or Trinity college certificate but she said Home Office can write you if they want it. Thankfully they didn't ask for it and I got my approval letter last week. But I agree, it is always good to keep one or the other thing ready in case you are asked to produce it (especially NARIC as they take 10-15 days)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 am

milindsm wrote:I got my ILR after Oct 2013 so I just ticked an appropriate option. NCS staff asked me to provide the same docs that I'd provided earlier at the time of ILR for English Language. So, I provided degree certificate, transcript and a print out of PBS calculator (thankfully I'd saved it in PDF.) I also brought to NCS staff's notice that PBS is out of use now on which she said, "well, it was in use when you applied for your ILR!" :)

My experience was very much the same. I just took my degree and PBS printout in case, but the officer was fairly insistent that he wanted to take a copy of it. I was more worried that he would want a NARIC letter, but he didn't.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mat1972
Newly Registered

Post by Mat1972 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 am

Hi mrajkumar
What are the documents required for NARIC certificate? University certificate alone or do we require any letter from University ?I am also having my old PBS calculator .But its better to keep document ready

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:49 am

University Certificate and Transcripts(Mark Sheet) or Letter from University if the certificate is not in English.
But I provided all three and got my NARIC certificate within 5 days of payment.
Mat1972 wrote:Hi mrajkumar
What are the documents required for NARIC certificate? University certificate alone or do we require any letter from University ?I am also having my old PBS calculator .But its better to keep document ready