ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tayyabbilal

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by tayyabbilal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 am

Application sent on 16/06/2016
Received 17/06/2016
Still no updates call home office Friday 6 jan 2017 for update
Received call back 9 jan saying my case is still under consideration no decision has been made.
It will be 7 months in few days can I go for Jr also I want to know can I write pre action protocol letter by myself or I need a solicitor for this.
Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

lubmob

Post by lubmob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

tayyabbilal wrote:Application sent on 16/06/2016
Received 17/06/2016
Still no updates call home office Friday 6 jan 2017 for update
Received call back 9 jan saying my case is still under consideration no decision has been made.
It will be 7 months in few days can I go for Jr also I want to know can I write pre action protocol letter by myself or I need a solicitor for this.
Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
my time line is 20/6/2016
and 2 days ago i call mp office and send email they ttold me within 10 working days they give answer so thats best way

raheel007
Newly Registered

Post by raheel007 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi I am about to apply NON EU Pr application in couple of weeks times I need advised regarding this matter.

Married on 28 August 2010
eea 5 year permit 02/02/2011
divorced 2015
retain to right last year in may 2016

now I want to apply for PR do I have to send all 5 years documents for myself or I have to add my Ex wife
documents as well

I am confused everyone advised me differently few people said after retain to right I only have to send my 5 year documents and few said I have to add my x wife documents until divorce again which I have done previously

I will highly appreciate your advice please respond to my query

sweetha76
Newly Registered

Post by sweetha76 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi,

We have successfully applied for a EFM ( unmarried partner of an EU residence).

Here is the timeline:

Sent to HO: 7 July 2016
Received by HO: 9 July 2016
Payment Taken: 14 July 2016
Biometrics Received: 16 August 2016
Biometrics Enrolled: 28 August 2016
CoA Received: 16 August 2016
RC Received: 11 January 2017
Documents& Passport: ?

PadZineb79
Newly Registered

Post by PadZineb79 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Our timeline for non EEA PR is as follows:

Application sent to Home office: 09 August 2016
Application received by HO: 10 August 2016
Monies taken by HO: 11 August 2016
Biometric letter: 06 September 2016
Biometrics submitted to HO: 10 September 2016
COA letter received: 21 September
BRP received: 08 January 2017 by DX courier (dated 07.01.2017)
Documents returned: 11 January 2017 sent by royalmail (approval letter dated 07.01.2017).

All together just under 5 months.
Good luck to everyone.

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits
Newly Registered

Post by JustAnotherOneWhoWaits » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Finally, it arrived. Thanks everyone for all the helpful posts and for sharing the pain of waiting. It was much easier waiting knowing there are many more people in my situation.

My final timeline:
Application Sent: 24/06/16
Application Received: 27/06/16
Payment Taken: 01/07/16
Confirmation Email (EEA): 28/07/16
Biometrics letter (Non-EEA): 30/07/16 (Dated 27/07/16)
Biometrics done: 30/07/16
COA (Non-EEA): 02/08/16
PR Card (Non-EEA): 13/01/17 by DX Courier (Dated 09/01/17)
DCPR (EEA) and Documents: 13/01/17 by Royal Mail (Dated 09/01/17)

Good luck everyone!

Finally17
Newly Registered

Post by Finally17 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Finally, after almost 7 months the wait is over. I got my PR card today. Thanks God!

Timeline:
Application Sent: 17/06/16
Payment Taken: 23/06/16
Biometrics letter (Non-EEA): 01/08/16
COA (Non-EEA): 15/08/16
PR Card (Non-EEA): 14/01/17 - issue date: 10/01/2017

Passaport and docs should arrive within 10 days.

Good luck everyone! ;)

OlaLinda
Newly Registered

Post by OlaLinda » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:24 pm

I am under 21. My father had order for 5 years bank statement which is not same as original copy. I would like to know do I have to get stamp from the bank on all the pages of 5 years bank statement.

And yes please give me some advice where do I have to take further concentrate.

Lazaro
Newly Registered

Post by Lazaro » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Mine finally arrived - it was obviously misplaced or got lost in their outbox. The letter and the document are dated 17 November, but I only received the DCPR and my documentation end of last week. Quite annoying - but better late!

Onto the citizenship application. I know you're supposed to apply at least 12 months after the date you were officially exercising treaty rights (or whatever the correct phrasing is). Does anyone know where to find/ check what date they have on record? I thought the letter might confirm this, but it only has the date of the letter and the date of issue of DCPR. Can I assume they went with the date I put on my covering letter?

Docs sent 30/07/2016
Docs received 01/08/2016
Payment taken 02/08/2016
Confirmation email None
Passport requested 19/08/2016
Passport received 02/09/2016
DCPR dated 17/11/2016
DCPR received 12/01/2017

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Lazaro wrote:Mine finally arrived - it was obviously misplaced or got lost in their outbox. The letter and the document are dated 17 November, but I only received the DCPR and my documentation end of last week. Quite annoying - but better late!

Onto the citizenship application. I know you're supposed to apply at least 12 months after the date you were officially exercising treaty rights (or whatever the correct phrasing is). Does anyone know where to find/ check what date they have on record? I thought the letter might confirm this, but it only has the date of the letter and the date of issue of DCPR. Can I assume they went with the date I put on my covering letter?

Assume nothing.
Request SAR from UKVI.
And/or apply via NCS who can check with HO (then you risk only NCS fee not full AN fee).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Lilo2017
Newly Registered

Post by Lilo2017 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I've had a bit of a bumpy journey so I hope my details help others.

EEA STUDENT (doing a 6 year undergrad degree)

Docs sent 09/09/2016
Docs received 12/09/2016
Payment taken 15/09/2016
Confirmation email 28/09/2016
DCPR dated 20/12/2016
DCPR received ??24/12/2017 - 16/01/2017

Receiving docs:
The documents were sent to the wrong flat. Initial delivery on 24th December - my neighbours informed the post office that no one with that name lived there, so documents returned to Liverpool on 28th December. They were then again sent back on the 12th January to the same flat!! My neighbours just left the post card out on the stairs and I was lucky enough to find it and finally collect the pack from the post. That is a very long delay and could potentially have been a big issue as I could have had my documents lost! Not impressed with UKVI...

Personal details:
Student for 5 full years - undergraduate degree that actually spans over 2 universities with 2 degrees as a result. Always lived in university accommodation. Did not properly have CSI, but had an EHIC issued by home country just after referendum and then brought some documents of my insurance over the past 5 years.

Tips:
- provide document as best as you can - my insurance documents were rather patchy (I tried to present it as clear as possible) with only one EHIC actually issued over past 5 years.
- Bank statements - should be individually stamped?! I never did it (didn't see that small notice). Had no issues with it.
- Letter explaining finances - students need to include a letter signed by a solicitor where they declare they never made use of any particular benefits etc and that they have been self sufficient during the 5 years. I heard that letter can be a deal breaker, so don't forget about it!
- Don't leave any blank spaces in your application - if you are asked for a document, just declare you have it, even though it is patchy. For example I only had a plain letter from my previous university declaring I lived in their accommodation for three years. That did actually not include summers ( I lived with a friend over the summers). I think caseworkers are busy and won't be digging your documents too much. However, it is they legal responsibility to follow the law so it is understandable they would never issue a document for an application that clearly states there are documents missing.
- Include cover letters for each section: finances, accommodation, CSI etc and make you case. I personally mentioned my degree quite a few times and the fact that I would start work in August 2017 in a very respected and understaffed field. It maybe did not influence the outcome much, but I made it clear I am highly educated and will be a very valuable contribution to the society for the next 50 years of my career. The best it could have done is make them appreciate my application and maybe not dig into the details of my documents too much... who knows?!
- Try keep an eye on this forum. It's not exact science, but the timelines of others are a good indicator, I believe. It's maybe worthwhile to consider something went wrong if it's delayed too much (suspect posting issues?!). Better include a prepaid envelope to be sure....

I wrote this because I wanted to encourage students to take their chances and apply even through their CSI coverage is not straightforward. It's worth giving it a shot!

I am glad to offer advice to other students if anyone needs help.

Best of luck,
Lilo

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 pm

hello,

Here is our timeline for my husband , who is NON EEA national.

Docs sent: 12th Jan . Special Delivery
Docs received: 13th Jan
Payment taken: 16th Jan
Confirmation email:
Biometrics requested:
PRC dated:
PRC received:

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Update
This is my friends timeline:
EEA (A8) application with pre-paid envelope
Application sent: 19.10.2016
Application received: ?? (will clarify later)
Payment taken: ?? (will clarify later)
Confirmation email: 4.11.2016
PR received: 13.01.2017
PR card included letter with exact day when PR status was gained which will help when applying for citizenship.

eealess
Brazil

Post by eealess » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:49 pm

non-EEA(PR) sent on 11/01/2017
Fee taken 13/01/2017

Ahmad Bajwa
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad Bajwa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi there
If anyone can help me please
I'm eea national and I have got my eea pr after 5 months
Now I want to apply for my wife and kids
So which sections I have to fill up of the form
Please let me know
Many thanks
Regards
Ahmad

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Advise please.
Can you apply for PR after a divorce of a 6 year marriage to EU national and living and working in the uk for continuous 5 years or do you have to retain your rights before PR application or should you apply for both at the same time?
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

OlaLinda
Newly Registered

Post by OlaLinda » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:12 pm

noajthan
Im an EU national and my family aswell. I am 20 years old. I have been living UK since 2011 with my family. I was a student. I went to school 2011-12 and 2012-16 at College. I would like to know do i need a sponsor (father) to apply DCPR?
Looking forward hearing from you.

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

k7bs wrote:Advise please.
Can you apply for PR after a divorce of a 6 year marriage to EU national and living and working in the uk for continuous 5 years or do you have to retain your rights before PR application or should you apply for both at the same time?
Shoot for PR confirmation

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 pm

OlaLinda wrote:noajthan
Im an EU national and my family aswell. I am 20 years old. I have been living UK since 2011 with my family. I was a student. I went to school 2011-12 and 2012-16 at College. I would like to know do i need a sponsor (father) to apply DCPR?
Looking forward hearing from you.

Thank you
OlaLinda, you have two choices: apply in own right (maybe).
Or apply with parent as sponsor if one was a qualified person.
You may have acquired PR as early as last year.

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Post by Tea_with_scones » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 pm

I received my DCPR today. As such I'm posting my timeline below:

Applicant: EEA, A2 national
Type of QP: 2x student segments with CSI + short self-sufficiency period in between

Application sent: 05/10/16
Application received: 06/10/16
Payment taken: 07/10/16
Confirmation email (EEA): 18/10/16
DCPR acquired (EEA): 05/10/16 - as per enclosed letter
DCPR issued (EEA): 16/01/17
DCPR received (EEA): 20/01/17

If anyone is interested what documents I supplied just ask. Sending a big thank you to all the people here and to the moderators in particular for bringing a little bit of order to the chaos.

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi every one I juse have question of some one can help me I have send my application for pr we send my wife pay slips and last 5 years tax record's and we didn't send any of my work history because solicitor said don't needed the question is do the need my work history or is it importent? Will apreciated if any one know or have any experience thanks a lot and we'll done to the people on this group cos every one helping each other

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi every one I just have question if some one can help me we have send my application for pr we send my wife pay slips and last 5 years tax record's and we didn't send any of my work history because solicitor said don't needed the question is do the need my work history or is it importent? Will apreciate if any one know or have any experience thanks a lot and well done to the people on this group cos every one helping each other .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Unowhatimeanharrry wrote:Hi every one I just have question if some one can help me we have send my application for pr we send my wife pay slips and last 5 years tax record's and we didn't send any of my work history because solicitor said don't needed the question is do the need my work history or is it importent? Will apreciate if any one know or have any experience thanks a lot and well done to the people on this group cos every one helping each other .
Who is EEA and who is non-EEA?

You have to prove ids, relationship and residence in UK too.
And absences within limits.

Camy33
Newly Registered

Post by Camy33 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:27 am

Lilo2017 said: "Did not properly have CSI, but had an EHIC issued by home country...
- Don't leave any blank spaces in your application - if you are asked for a document, just declare you have it...
- Include cover letters for each section: finances, accommodation, CSI etc"...

Hi, Can you help me a bit? I'm was a part time student for 4 years, I gathered letters from college as proof of my studies, but I have no EHIC or any other insurance. I'm an Eea member. I know you said not to leave any blank spaces in my application and now I wonder if this could be an issue. Is the insurance needed for full time student only? Thx

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:11 pm

noajthan wrote:
Unowhatimeanharrry wrote:Hi every one I just have question if some one can help me we have send my application for pr we send my wife pay slips and last 5 years tax record's and we didn't send any of my work history because solicitor said don't needed the question is do the need my work history or is it importent? Will apreciate if any one know or have any experience thanks a lot and well done to the people on this group cos every one helping each other .
Who is EEA and who is non-EEA?

You have to prove ids, relationship and residence in UK too.
And absences within limits.
Thanks a lot for reply noajthan
I am non-EEA NATIONAL my wife is EEA national the rest we did send everything all evidence what was required but I was just confused about mine work history cos solicitor said it's not need it it's your wife's importent