ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful T1 Ex Talent, now to apply T2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Durbzzz
United States of America

Unsuccessful T1 Ex Talent, now to apply T2 General

Post by Durbzzz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 am

Hello, I am the founder of a tech startup. I unsuccessfully applied for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. The angel investor in the UK I am working with is trying to sponsor me to come in as Founder of the company but he will probably say I am an employee of one of his other companies.

1. If I apply for the 5 year visa, I won't have to show payslips correct?
2. How much does the sponsorship letter cost my angel investor and his company that is providing me the letter if can get one for me?
3. Salary just needs to be stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship and the min is £25,000. Again, this is the only evidence of salary if 5 year route is chosen.
4. I don't currently have the £945 in savings in my account for 90 days so I will ask him to say Yes to maintenance for 1st month in the UK because I am staying with family and have no living expenses. Is this possible if my sponsor agrees?

I am applying out the UK so any other advice would be appreciated.

Mahir1108

Re: Successfully Switched from T1 Ent to T2 General

Post by Mahir1108 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:28 am

Answer to your questions :
1. You don't need any payslips for Tier 2 General applications.
2. Your company will have to apply for a sponsor license first which will cost them around £1800 and then conduct a RLMT. Once that is completed he will have to assign you a Certificate of Sponsorship which will cost around £200. Its a long procedure and can take up-to 3 - 6 months from applying to license to your visa approval.
3. Salary must be as per the Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers. Search for your job title in that and check the minimum salary for a new entrant and an experienced employee.
4. If your sponsor is A rated then he can certify your maintenance and mention that in your certificate of sponsorship.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 am

RLMT will be a significant hurdle as you have evidently been pre-selected for a role.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:45 am

so if he is already licensed then the cost to him is only £200?
and how long is process then?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Unsuccessful T1 Ex Talent, now to apply T2 General

Post by iworker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

how come he already have a licence if it is a start up.
I think your understanding of sponsoring visa is very vague. you need to research more

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 am

No - He is my angel investor who has funded my startup. But he also owns a company and could potentially provide a work visa for me to be an employee of that company to get back to the UK. My startup is part of his parent company's portfolio. I need to check if he sponsor status for his company not my startup.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:53 pm

The problem is, with a custom role being set up for you, you are clearly pre-selected.
Sponsor risks losing her valued sponsorship status and you will fail RLMT on that basis.

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm

well, we are not going to say it's a custom role. It can be a broad based tech role.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Durbzzz wrote:well, we are not going to say it's a custom role. It can be a broad based tech role.
That approach indicates the flawed mindset.
T2 is not all about you, its about giving the whole of UK and EU workforce the opportunity to take on this dream job;
company needs to justify why they cannot appoint from that skilled, qualified and experienced workforce if you are appointed.
Getting a buddy to sponsor you and thinking its all sorted for a £200 fee is not going to fly as T2 is about the wider UK economy and UK plc

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Durbzzz wrote:well, we are not going to say it's a custom role. It can be a broad based tech role.
In which case there are hundreds if not thousands of potential applicants from the UK/EU in the queue before you.

Stick it in the 'daft idea' pile and think again.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....