ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Letters from Employers

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Form AN - Letters from Employers

Post by Leon8410 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Dear All,

Happy new year!

I am writing this post because I received my PR card on 01/02/2016 and I have my appointment with the NCS to file my Form AN on 01/02/2017.

I came to the UK in 2010, I studied for 2 years and worked ever since. When I was applying for PR last year I obtained letters from my education body, former and current employers certifying, amongst other things, the dates of my study/employment with them. I will ask my current employer to redraft another letter to cover last year, but I wasn't planning to bother again my previous ones asking them to refresh their letters (they are all dated November 2015). I should mention that I also have all payslips/P60s/P45s if that helps.

Do you think there will be a problem with this approach and I should ask old employers to refresh their letters?

Many thanks for your help!

Leo

noajthan

Re: Form AN - Letters from Employers

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:45 pm

If you acquired PR (status) in 2015 you could have naturalised in 2016.

Read AN guidance to see what is required to support AN application; its not a replay of PR application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Post by Leon8410 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

I read the guidance and they just mention that they require "letters from present and past employers". I was just worried that my letters were too old and this could pose a problem. Any experience on this? Technically if a letter states that you worked for X from 2011 to 2013 it shouldn't really matter whether that letter is dated 2015 or 2017, or am I wrong?

Many thanks for your help on this! Apologies, but my appointment with the NCS is in 2 weeks and I am slightly worried!

Thanks!

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Physical presence 5 years before application received

Post by Leon8410 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 am

Hi All,

First of all, many thanks in advance for your help.

I booked my appointment with the NCS (Islington) on 1 February. This means that, to satisfy the "physical presence" requirement, I need to show that I was physically present in the UK on or about 1 February 2012. I have a letter from my University stating that I was in full time education from September 2010 to June 2012. Would this be enough or do I have to dig out further evidence (i.e., bank statements)? Please help me, I am completely lost on this point.

Many thanks,

Leo

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Physical presence 5 years before application received

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 am

You are on the right track, this is sufficient, or employers letters, official bills/correspondence, as the case may be.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Re: Physical presence 5 years before application received

Post by Leon8410 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 am

Many thanks, this is reassuring. At the time I was a lodger and all my bills were in my landlord's name, so all I have is the letter from uni plus bank accounts recording transactions on or about 5 years ago. Fingers crossed.

Many thanks again!

Leon8410
Newly Registered

BC Application with NCS - Residence requirement (EEA)

Post by Leon8410 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I have been raising questions on this forum before and you all have been incredibly helpful. I have my appointment with Islington NCS scheduled over the course of next week and I have (obviously) a last minute freak-out in relation to the residence requirement.

I am an EEA citizen, so my passport is crystal clean (no stamps in and out). I have letters from my education establishment (2010 to 2012), Employer 1 (2012), Employer 2 (2012 to 2013), Employer 3 (2013 to 2015) and Current Employer (letter dated January 2017). All letters have start and finish dates of employment, but there are some normal gaps between one another (2-3 weeks on average). Should I be concerned and/or try to find additional proofs of residence? I also have all P60s and payslips in order.

Many thanks for your help. I am sure you all understand my concerns.

All the best,

Leo

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Don't speak from experience, only had the one employer over 10 years. However, breaks between jobs are normal and should not cause issues, unless they are excessive then I would explain, i.e. job seeking or unemployed. I would relax, you seem to have it covered.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.