ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and passport questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

devmanda1ia

Naturalization and passport questions

Post by devmanda1ia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:11 am

Hi,

Please can someone help as I am struggling with the forms and Brent NCS service line is not helpful at all.

My situation: Me and My wife in ILR since 2012 and applying for Nationalization and British passport both together at the same time through the Brent NCS service.

Questions:

1) On passport form section 2 asks for mobile phone number and alternative phone number. Guideline on the form says we need to provide but the NCS services help line asked to leave this blank. Confused if we need to provide phone numbers on the form as per form guideline?

2) On passport form section 5, it asks for naturalisation number. I am applying for both naturalisation and passport application together. Do I leave this blank?

3) On passport form section 10, guideline suggests I need to provide countersignatory details but the Brent NCS services asks to leave this blank. Should I be getting a countersignatory?

4) On AN form for naturalisation section 6.17, it asks to confirm wish to register my biometric information. I have not had to do biomatric before. Do I need to fill this section?

5) If I have booked naturalisation and passport application service together, will I get the passport identity interview there at the same time or will it be later after application is made?

Will be grateful if you can help clarify the above.

Regards,

Dev

DW76
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization and passport questions

Post by DW76 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Dev

For what it is worth, the Weybridge NCS advised me not to fill the Passport Application Form in prior to the NCS meeting as most people get them wrong and they end up having to redo them.

I took two forms with me (just in case...) and they helped by telling me what goes where. The mobile did indeed go in later and not where it was logical to go - this is due to the process being joint with the AN, evidently.

Hope that helps in some manner.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am

devmanda1ia wrote: 4) On AN form for naturalisation section 6.17, it asks to confirm wish to register my biometric information. I have not had to do biomatric before. Do I need to fill this section? YES - it's required

5) If I have booked naturalisation and passport application service together, will I get the passport identity interview there at the same time or will it be later after application is made?No identity interview if applying via NCS JCAP
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

devmanda1ia

Post by devmanda1ia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Great thanks both.

Any advise on no 2 and 3?

2) On passport form section 5, it asks for naturalisation number. I am applying for both naturalisation and passport application together. Do I leave this blank?

3) On passport form section 10, guideline suggests I need to provide countersignatory details but the Brent NCS services asks to leave this blank. Should I be getting a countersignatory?

DW76
Newly Registered

Post by DW76 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Dev

Leave 2 blank - it's a joint application with the AN forum so you don't have a number yet to fill in. That is for people who do not take the NCS route and then apply themselves after their citizenship ceremony.

3 is not required as you are already providing two referees for the AN application, and you stick a photo into the AN form for verification.

devmanda1ia

Post by devmanda1ia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated

askhan

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:21 pm

devmanda1ia wrote:Hi,

Please can someone help as I am struggling with the forms and Brent NCS service line is not helpful at all.

My situation: Me and My wife in ILR since 2012 and applying for Nationalization and British passport both together at the same time through the Brent NCS service.

Questions:

1) On passport form section 2 asks for mobile phone number and alternative phone number. Guideline on the form says we need to provide but the NCS services help line asked to leave this blank. Confused if we need to provide phone numbers on the form as per form guideline?

You need to provide the number, just fill in the form and then take it to NCS they wont bother

YES

Leave it blank, as long as you have the AN form countersigned already

4) On AN form for naturalisation section 6.17, it asks to confirm wish to register my biometric information. I have not had to do biomatric before. Do I need to fill this section?

Yes, you have to do the biometric, regardless you done before or not. You will receive the invitation by HO anyway

5) If I have booked naturalisation and passport application service together, will I get the passport identity interview there at the same time or will it be later after application is made?

Doing it via NCS is the reason to avoid any further interview, they will confirm the identity on the same day
Will be grateful if you can help clarify the above.

Regards,

Dev
Hello Mate

See the response in bold.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------