ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best method of payment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itk
- thin ice -

Best method of payment

Post by itk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 am

Morning everyone, I submitting my application end of the month with two dependents. Please what's the best method of payment. I don't want to use card payment. I want advice on cheque, bankers draft and postal order. Thanks

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Re: Best method of payment

Post by babylondoner » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:04 am

postal order is expensive as they are only sold in multiples of £250 and there is a fee for every £250 purchase.

A cheque could take up to 5 working days to clear. This means you might end up waiting up to 2 weeks or more to receive your acknowledgement/biometrics letter.

I paid via card and i got my letter after 8 working days.

the best alternative is a bank draft.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:18 pm

I always prefer bank card payment as long as there is enough money to cover, so far I haven't have any issues with it.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks guys, I think I should just go with bank card, even my solicitors recommend I use it. Thanks