ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from TIER 2 to TIER 1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

indiagolf
Newly Registered

Switching from TIER 2 to TIER 1 Entrepreneur

Post by indiagolf » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi all

I am currently on TIER 2 and leave is valid until Oct 2018.

I am willing to switch from TIER 2 to TIER 1 Entre as TIER 2 is just too stressful and binding visa. Give me a feeling of slavery even I get good good salary.

I have access to 203,000 pounds held in my account in UK. I have proper business plan plus have degree and maintenance.

whats your opinions, experiences and advises as to success of my application?

Please share your experiences. thank you

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Re: Switching from TIER 2 to TIER 1 Entrepreneur

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:39 pm

tier 1 ent is actually more stressful and demanding :D
ask around.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:07 am

Tier 1E is quite a risky, demanding and complex immigration route. I am not trying to judge your abilities or acumen as I do not know you but you need to have a very good foundation and justification to switch from a well paying job on Tier 2 to this route. It should be more than just 'I am frustrated/bored with my job and I am looking for something new' . You need to read more on the subject and challenges people have faced so far in complying with the rules.

I highly recommend to familiarise yourself with the Tier 1E route by going over the official guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 pm

When you start running genuine business in this country £ 203000 can be wiped out in first year in just start up cost. In my opnion £ 200 K is not enough you should have minimum of £ 500 k or may be more only then invest and risk your £ 200K so that if things don't go as per plan you have something to fallback upon and turn things around.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 pm

There are many people in this forum who are waiting 10 months for extension even after investing 400 to 500 K and doing genuine business. They are being rejected for missing full stop and comma in there extension applications its just crazy they make you invest your time and money and when you have done everything they reject your extension application or take very very long time to decide your application because of small errors .So my advice is only enter this visa category if you are really passionate about business which you are about to start

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 am

Look before you leap! The Tier 1E is not something you just jump into just because you're bored or tired of your current situation, if jump in you have nowhere to jump into when things become tight and tough. The challenges on this route is mind wrenching and enormous. if you search the forum carefully you'll see cases of some people trying to cross from Tier 1E to Tier 2. My advice, LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP! But if you've made up your mind and still want to join the route, you're most welcome. Again, LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!