ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa rules for refugee

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sincejune

Re: uk spouse visa rules for refugee

Post by Sincejune » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi
My wife is also in same situation. She's afghan. She came on a schengen visa to Europe her visa is now expired. She couldn't apply for U.K. Spouse visa in Europe because she didn't have residence card.

By help of my MP I received a letter from a minister saying that your wife can apply for uk spouse visa in that European country if she fulfil the required immigration rules.

Get advice from your lawyer. We will apply next month let's see if vfs will take her application with that letter.

So I would say ask your MP to get involved and help you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 pm

If you go and meet your husband in Hungary, he will have a right under EU law to stay in Hungary automatically .
He will then be able to apply for EC from theRe.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Obie wrote:If you go and meet your husband in Hungary, he will have a right under EU law to stay in Hungary automatically .

Hello again,
what do you mean, I have to go to the camp? and what for would he need to complete?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:34 pm

bismiallah wrote:
Obie wrote:If you go and meet your husband in Hungary, he will have a right under EU law to stay in Hungary automatically .

Hello again,
what do you mean, I have to go to the camp? and what for would he need to complete?
Where in Obie's post you've quoted does it mention 'go to the 'camp' :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Sorry but i am still very new to this forum. Which form would he require to complete and what id=s the process involved?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Casa wrote:
bismiallah wrote:

Hello again,
Where in Obie's post you've quoted does it mention 'go to the 'camp' :?
Thanks Casa. I never advised OP to go to Refugee camp. I will never give such an advise.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi again
So which form do we need to complete? please help
Thank you

bismiallah
Afghanistan

husband asylum in Hungary

Post by bismiallah » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:11 pm

my husband is currently in Hungary in a refugee camp and is from Afghanistan and is in the process of getting back to the UK or trying to claim asylum status there. He was previously in the UK but was administratively removed to Afghanistan, he was hoping under the Dublin II they may sent him to the UK as he was first there and that he has his family in the UK?????

I am a British born citizen and qualify for the threshold and the UK spouse visa requirements.
Is there anyway we can make an application to the eu so he can get residence?

I have already been to visit him in Hungary
please help?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Posts merged.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Re: husband asylum in Hungary

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:31 pm

bismiallah wrote:...

I am a British born citizen and qualify for the threshold and the UK spouse visa requirements.
Is there anyway we can make an application to the eu so he can get residence?

I have already been to visit him in Hungary
please help?
As previously advised, the only EU option is if you relocate to Hungary and undertake Surinder Singh route there.
It will involve moving your centre of life to Hungary and living and possibly working there for 6 or 9 months or more.
Even so no guarantees as UK have recently tightened rules around SS route.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bismiallah
Afghanistan

asylum detention hungary

Post by bismiallah » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:00 pm

What are the rules of being detained in Hungary?

and how to be released in an open camp in Hungary

Please help

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am

What was the reason for your husband's removal from the UK?

Has he applied for asylum in Hungary?

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 pm

He was administratively removed back in DEC 2014 he has no criminal convictions, we were not married then and we have got married in 2015. I cannot move to Hungary as I have my son here with me we have both been to visit him twice in hungary.

I have wrote to my MP and hope to apply for UK spouse visa but need permission for british embassy in Hungary to accept the visa application.

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 am

I am thinking of starting an online petition for our case, in order to get special permission so that we can apply for the UK spouse visa, as
1; he is trying to claim asylum in Hungary and has an ID card that can only be use to travel in Hungary
2; He would need a one way travel document/certificate to the UK if he is accepted visa
3;that the British embassy in Hungary accepts his application

Any advice?

Sincejune

Post by Sincejune » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:02 am

bismiallah wrote:I am thinking of starting an online petition for our case, in order to get special permission so that we can apply for the UK spouse visa, as
1; he is trying to claim asylum in Hungary and has an ID card that can only be use to travel in Hungary
2; He would need a one way travel document/certificate to the UK if he is accepted visa
3;that the British embassy in Hungary accepts his application

Any advice?

Hi. As I have wrote earlier in the post we were in the same situation my was on a schengen visa her visa got expired and she couldn't return to Afghanistan with our British children.
After contacting our local MP by explaining that she can't return and her schengen visa is expired and there is no place in Afghanistan to apply for uk spouse visa in Afghanistan I asked him if he could write to UKVI to accept her application through tls contact and British embassy in holland.

After my MP wrote the a letter explaining our situation to UKVI I received an email from UKVI asked me some questions. Who issued her the schengen visa how long was it. Why didn't she extend the visa. Why can't I live and work in holland to support her. After I answered their questions after a month they sent a letter to my MP saying that she can apply for uk spouse visa in holland to British embassy as long as we meet all the immigration rules and appendixes.

We had everything ready English language test tb test and all financial documents. We filled the application online booked an appointment with tls contact went for the appointment. At first tls contact was relectant to take her application saying she doesn't have legal residency in holland. But I insisted that UKVI have gaven us this letter the manager checked the letter and took out documents and her biometric and said good luck. We will forward your application to embassy. We didn't pay for any priority.
After exactly a week I got an email from tls contact saying your documents have been returned and a decision have been made. That was on Friday so I had to wait two days nervously. We thought that's very quick decision they might have send our documents back without checking it because she doesn't have residence card in holland. But when we got the documents back on Monday we were amazed that they issued her 30 days vignettes on her passport and approved her application.

So a big thanks to our local MP he helped us big time. As for you your MP is the best chance to cheap you. Even if you get permission from UKVI to apply from hungry you will have to full fill all current immigration rule. First is that your husband have to have an Afghan passport. English language test passed. TB certificate cleared and rest financial and other documents.

Without above documents your husband will go no where. If you want help from them allow you to apply without residency in a foreign country for a UK visa. You have to help them as well by fulfilling all the rules.

Your other option is to ask your husband to join in hungry or other EU country and you move there with him. Find a job a house and apply for residency in EU country under EU free movement law. After six month use SS rout to the UK.

Good luck.

Sincejune

Post by Sincejune » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:05 am

I meant your MP is the best chance to help you. Sorry not cheap you it was auto corrected.