ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character / Speeding / Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bond002
Newly Registered

Good Character / Speeding / Form AN

Post by Bond002 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 am

Hello all,

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I’ve got a question with regards to the Good Character Requirements, specifically questions 3.1 and 3.2 on the form in relation to speeding tickets.

Background: I’ve been caught speeding 3 times in the past 5 years. In September 2011 (I was offered a course but accepted FPN issued by West Yorks police and paid it straight away), some time in 2014 and 2016 (I was offered a course and I’ve taken the option in both occasions).

Now…

Speeding (or FPN) from my understanding is not a criminal conviction as there is no admission of guilt. Hence what shall be answered in 3.1 in this case?

The note within the application form states: FPN (such as speeding and parking tickets) do not form part of person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless (…).

Guide AN (Section 3, sub-section 3.1-3.2) states: You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. FPNN (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not be normally taken into account unless (…).

Note that my licence is not endorsed as I’m using a licence issues in the EU and not the UK.

So my question here is two-fold:
1) Shall I disclose all three instances of speeding of just the one where I accepted a FPN in 2011?
2) Shall I treat these as “Convictions” in section 3.2 or shall I explain the details on page 22?

I’ve completed an SAR after receiving my DCPR to find out when I my residency date was registered (which was registered wrongly and I managed to fight it out with the HO) and the caseworker’s notes state that the criminal check rendered no results.

Thanks in advance for your help! I feel like I've been walking in the dark with this one!

Krzys

Bond002
Newly Registered

Re: Good Character / Speeding / Form AN

Post by Bond002 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello again,
Does anyone have an opinion on the above?
Thanks,
K

askhan

Re: Good Character / Speeding / Form AN

Post by askhan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Mate.

If I were you.. would definitely enter the information.

Thanks
AK
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------