ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS TIER2 - Urgent Help Pls Visa exp. 31.1.17

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shah11
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS TIER2 - Urgent Help Pls Visa exp. 31.1.17

Post by shah11 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like an urgent advise on switchin to TIER 2 from TIER 4 visa.

I am currently on TIER 4 visa which is expiring on 31st of Jan. 2017. My current employer has 'A rated' TIER 2 licence and are willing to sponsor me. But unfortunately they ran out of the COS. My employer is applying for unrestricted COS category.

My employer had already applied for additional COS allocation by mid October 2016, however, they made a silly mistake by not giving full justification for additional COS allocation. The first application got rejected stating insufficient explanation for COS. Now they have already reapplied for the additional COS allocation with full justification since 22/11/2016 but not update so far.

My employer has also contacted both Priority service on +44 141 555 6027 and General helpline +44 300 123 4699. The response from Priority service received was our request is with caseworker and they can't process under Priority service, however, after insisting they asked us to email on businesshelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to explain the situation.

My worry is neither me nor my employer are sure if this email will help us to get the COS any quicker as only 3 weeks left on my visa. I also have my spouse as my dependent and also have a skilled job.

I would like to know is there any other options to prioritise the COS allocation.

Any help / guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Jigar

pmaity
Newly Registered

Re: Unrestricted COS TIER2 - Urgent Help Pls Visa exp. 31.1.

Post by pmaity » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi,

I was in similar situation last year when I was renewing my Tier 2 General Visa status. As my Visa was expiring end of the month and I didn't receive my COS I still went ahead and submitted my application to make sure this is considered as IN TIME application. I did hire a paralegal to support my case, and I am happy to forward a contact who helped me through this.

I received my COS after 3 weeks my visa had expired while I patiently waited. As soon as received COS through my employer. We pulled together a letter to state with application reference etc. stating the reason of delay in issuing the COS and sent it to the case worker. The VISA was subsequently approved, and I was re-instated back to work with unblemished immigration history. Its a delicate situation and I would advise to seek professional help with these matters. Hope you find this useful.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:15 pm

@pmait
did u apply online? I think at present the only way you can apply is online as paper form has been withdrawn. And on online application, you have to enter SL number and cos number to complete the application, so this method may not be applicable now.. but this is my understanding only.. maybe i am wrong.

shah11
Newly Registered

Post by shah11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:43 pm

pmaity wrote:Hi,

I was in similar situation last year when I was renewing my Tier 2 General Visa status. As my Visa was expiring end of the month and I didn't receive my COS I still went ahead and submitted my application to make sure this is considered as IN TIME application. I did hire a paralegal to support my case, and I am happy to forward a contact who helped me through this.

I received my COS after 3 weeks my visa had expired while I patiently waited. As soon as received COS through my employer. We pulled together a letter to state with application reference etc. stating the reason of delay in issuing the COS and sent it to the case worker. The VISA was subsequently approved, and I was re-instated back to work with unblemished immigration history. Its a delicate situation and I would advise to seek professional help with these matters. Hope you find this useful.
Would you please provide me the contact details, I'll try contacting him/her and seek advise.
Much appreciated....

maryphelps
Newly Registered

Post by maryphelps » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi pmaity and Shah
I am in a similar situation visa expiring 30/01/2017. Can you share paralegal details.
Regards
Mary
pmaity wrote:Hi,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Posting contact details or names of legal representatives is not permitted. ANY such details posted will be removed. ANY member that posts such details will be issued with a warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Shah11 and maryphelps

Have you received your CoS yet? Please reply.

My visa is expiring soon. We applied on 9th Dec.

Today we managed to contact priority service after 4 weeks of continuous attempts everyday.

The response from priority service was "The case has already been allocated to someone to deal with and we cannot get a priority line."

They gave a number for the immigration office for us to call however the response on this number was that there was nothing we can do, the case has been allocated to the case working team and can take up to 18 weeks to go through.

I hope we hear something over the next few days.

Thanks.

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Got my CoS.

Applied on 9th Dec and recieved today (30th Jan). Contacted UKVI many times via emails and phone to expedite the process.

Posting dates for reference for others.

Thanks all,
mul5387