ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Portablejohnson

Re: delay in ILR Application

Post by Portablejohnson » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:29 am

Zing wrote:Hi guys,
Just to let us know that the waiting game continues. I wrote to my case worker at the beginning of this month asking for timeframe HO needs to make the decision on my application. He responded yesterday saying there is no timescale that l have to continue waiting.
Pls, guys l came across a Facebook group in previous T1 G from this forum which l can't find again.Anybody that can send me a link or even whatsapp group where l can actively belong and seek solution/preparation towards moving myself from point A to point B. From PEO and getting decision under 24 hours to this 11 months plus journey is becoming unbearable.

Hi Zing,
You are not alone in this. Its an unbearable game with no time limit. I think you should just find a way to distract yourself from this worry. I have been waiting since Last Jan too. God help us.

Ghostrecon
Newly Registered

Post by Ghostrecon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi Folks,

I would like to add my input to this thread. Please note,the views are solely my observation based on information gathered from this and other similar forums and I could be wrong.

Raj is absolutely correct in pointing out that the HO is not above the law and is also answerable. They cannot leave applicants in the lurch and delay applications indefinitely. I suggest each applicant waiting for their ILR for more than 6 months (their service standards) should write a polite (but stern) letter to the HO complaints team before contacting the Ombudsman, if they don't respond satisfactorily. The HO are charging a fee of nearly £2000/applicant and the applicants definitely deserve better.

I have been following this forum since a while and I have noticed that in the late 2015 and almost the whole of 2016, the HO have indiscriminately rejected ILR applications which had any sort of tax amendment, without really foreseeing the obvious consequence that they will have no grounds to fight in the JR. The Judge cannot possibly give a decision in favour of the HO when one government department (HMRC) has already accepted the amendments. Since then, quite a few applicants have fought the rejection in JR and they have won (search on the forum). The HO had to pay the court costs etc as they lost. Where is this money coming from ? It's the tax payer who is paying for it. This topic should get media coverage so that the British public know how the HO is spending the tax payers money. They (HO) are fighting a losing battle - at the expense of the British Tax payer.

HO will have to grant visas to all those applicants who have paid their taxes before making the application eventually. Recently,The HO have stopped rejecting cases which have tax amendments. Instead,they have kept applications on hold till they wait for results of similar cases in the JR. In one case they even withdrew their decision before the hearing date (search on the forum). Perhaps they knew they were going to lose.

Friends please don't lose hope and take a stand against injustice. Don't suffer in silence. Contact HO's complaints department before contacting the Ombudsmen.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

strada

Post by strada » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Ghostrecon wrote:Hi Folks,

I would like to add my input to this thread. Please note,the views are solely my observation based on information gathered from this and other similar forums and I could be wrong.

Raj is absolutely correct in pointing out that the HO is not above the law and is also answerable. They cannot leave applicants in the lurch and delay applications indefinitely. I suggest each applicant waiting for their ILR for more than 6 months (their service standards) should write a polite (but stern) letter to the HO complaints team before contacting the Ombudsman, if they don't respond satisfactorily. The HO are charging a fee of nearly £2000/applicant and the applicants definitely deserve better.

I have been following this forum since a while and I have noticed that in the late 2015 and almost the whole of 2016, the HO have indiscriminately rejected ILR applications which had any sort of tax amendment, without really foreseeing the obvious consequence that they will have no grounds to fight in the JR. The Judge cannot possibly give a decision in favour of the HO when one government department (HMRC) has already accepted the amendments. Since then, quite a few applicants have fought the rejection in JR and they have won (search on the forum). The HO had to pay the court costs etc as they lost. Where is this money coming from ? It's the tax payer who is paying for it. This topic should get media coverage so that the British public know how the HO is spending the tax payers money. They (HO) are fighting a losing battle - at the expense of the British Tax payer.

HO will have to grant visas to all those applicants who have paid their taxes before making the application eventually. Recently,The HO have stopped rejecting cases which have tax amendments. Instead,they have kept applications on hold till they wait for results of similar cases in the JR. In one case they even withdrew their decision before the hearing date (search on the forum). Perhaps they knew they were going to lose.

Friends please don't lose hope and take a stand against injustice. Don't suffer in silence. Contact HO's complaints department before contacting the Ombudsmen.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Hi Ghostreckon,

Thanks for your very informed post. It's really weird and unfair what the HO is doing to applicants of Tier 1 to ILR. Just like you mentioned they are now not too worried about the tax amendment as nothing was asked regarding that when I went for my interview. Instead they concentrated on my recent application and trying to find out if my income is genuine. I think we applicants should be more proactive to stand against this injustice

ThisisA

Post by ThisisA » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Looking at the delays I am getting worried because I am going to apply for my ILR next week as well. Can somebody confirm if the delays are mainly on the SET(O) applications or SET(LR) as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:25 pm

ThisisA wrote:Looking at the delays I am getting worried because I am going to apply for my ILR next week as well. Can somebody confirm if the delays are mainly on the SET(O) applications or SET(LR) as well?
There are delays on both routes if applying by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ThisisA

Post by ThisisA » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
ThisisA wrote:Looking at the delays I am getting worried because I am going to apply for my ILR next week as well. Can somebody confirm if the delays are mainly on the SET(O) applications or SET(LR) as well?
There are delays on both routes if applying by post.
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Much appreciated.

ShaDP
Newly Registered

Post by ShaDP » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 am

Hi,

Anyone on this thread received ILR recently? any good news?

Thanks

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:17 am

ShaDP wrote:Hi,

Anyone on this thread received ILR recently? any good news?

Thanks
I don't think anyone who had Amendemnt tax or who already paid amendment tax.

jagpalsingh97
Newly Registered

Post by jagpalsingh97 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi All,
just wondered any one of you have applied through the solicitor in either category-SET(LR) or SET(O). If so what's your solicitor is saying / said about the delay in the processing by the HO? Has the solicitor tried to chase the application with the HO/ Case worker?. thanks.

pusm

Post by pusm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am

Hi guys and gals ,

Any one got any news??

Still this waiting continue.....

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:47 am

pusm wrote:Hi guys and gals ,

Any one got any news??

Still this waiting continue.....
No news from my end yet.still waiting.

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi,

I thought i shall share some of my personal experience,

SET (O) 1st June 16 PEO BMG application half for further checks
refusal sent via post on 7th Jul on 322 and 325
AR applied on 14 Jul
AR withdrawn 6th Aug
SEL (LR) applied as new application 7th Aug
Application confirmation letter received 4th Sep, confirming application to be resolved within 6 Month SLA
BR letter received on 7th Sep
BR given on 22nd Sep
Another letter received from HO 23rd Jan saying they have some issues with my biometric enrolment.

Since its a waiting game.... Dont know for how long...?

pusm

Post by pusm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 am

Hi

Just updates I have received an interview letter after 1 year !!! Still they have not confirm the date

Is it advisable to apply SAR now ? any seniors please get back

Thanks

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 pm

wahabishtiaq wrote:Hi,

I thought i shall share some of my personal experience,

SET (O) 1st June 16 PEO BMG application half for further checks
refusal sent via post on 7th Jul on 322 and 325
AR applied on 14 Jul
AR withdrawn 6th Aug
SEL (LR) applied as new application 7th Aug
Application confirmation letter received 4th Sep, confirming application to be resolved within 6 Month SLA
BR letter received on 7th Sep
BR given on 22nd Sep
Another letter received from HO 23rd Jan saying they have some issues with my biometric enrolment.

Since its a waiting game.... Dont know for how long...?
Hi wahabishtiaq,

I need urgent guidance, Can we apply SET LR once SET O rejected, what would be our right to work in such cases?

Thanks in advance

pusm

Post by pusm » Wed May 31, 2017 6:17 am

Hi Any one got ILR after long wait ??

Now its nearly 16 month still no updates

Interview done 3 months ago !!

Please updates guys & gals

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 am

pusm wrote:Hi Any one got ILR after long wait ??

Now its nearly 16 month still no updates

Interview done 3 months ago !!

Please updates guys & gals
Hey Pusm,

I've been in a similar situation. Applied for ILR in May 2016 and had my interview in Feb 2017. After that there has been no communication. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Hari

789asma
Newly Registered

Post by 789asma » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:35 pm

am in the same boat as most of you are , submitted application on June 28 and received interview questionnaire that we submitted in April , still waiting for a decision , anyone knows anyone who has got their visas approved ? any timelines ?

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm

HI
applied in April 2016 and had an interview on 8 Feb 2017 since then waiting.
My MP contact to UKVI and the 2nd time they give a date to MP to update him about the progress till 24th Aug hope they will because the last date was given 24th July and they haven't contact MP.

Qizer
Newly Registered

Post by Qizer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm waiting from 16 months. Contacted HO through MP office in Jan 2017 and received questionnaire in Feb 2017, responded to it in March and then received another query in April to provide a proof/reason for all the holidays taken in last 5 years so I sent the employer letter and payslips but no response till date. Requested MP office to contact HO again and a letter was sent in first week of July 2017 but unfortunately HO hasn't responded to MP yet. I'm chasing MP office to get an update from HO, will post an update if I hear back from the case worker.

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi
It's been exactly 16months today waiting for my ILR. I asked my solicitor to send a letter to UKVI to enquire about my application and he posted later to the home office on 01 August 2017 and today they reply back as
"We note the contents of your letter dated 01 August 2017. Whilst appreciate the delay in confirming your client's status may be frustrating we will deal with the matter as quickly as possible"
I am also in touch with my MP and he contacted with UKVI last month and they said we will update you till 24 August 2017.

Carwan10
Newly Registered

Post by Carwan10 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi
I am in same situation buddy,
My timeline is as follows,
ILR applied (myself +3 dependents)
on basis of Tier1 (2+3) in Feb 2016,
Interview call and done in April 2017,
Still no reply,
Ask MP last month got same usual reply,
It's totally frustrating that nothing is happening on behalf of HO. Don't know what to do as we are all in hanging situation,cant plan for future.

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi All,
yesterday I email my MP as UKVI give the date 24-08-17 to update him about my ILR application which is now in 17 months. and today received the reply

"Hi ********,
I actually received a telephone call from UKVI yesterday afternoon.
They informed me that your case was complex and because of this inquiries were being made with other government departments. That makes it difficult to know when a decision will be reached.
However, I have received assurance that UKVI will monitor progress on your case and report back to me next month.
"
means this wait is not going to finish soon :( :( :(

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I posted my self-employment questionnaire on the 13 July and yesterday I got another letter from the HO saying as per there records i have amended my tax records and should send them the SA302's before and after amendment of tax.
I have already mentioned twice in my application and in the questionnaire that i didn't amend any tax and the income difference in 2013 was due to events which happened after filing the extension visa in the 2012. explaining all the events in the application stage and providing sufficient proofs.

Also this letter was received from the temporary migrant team rather then permanent as i have applied for the ILR which is dealt by the Permanent team. would appreciate if seniors can shed some light on this.

clearly shows the incompetence of the department, they just want a reason to reject an application.

Lets hope for the best.

donny123

Post by donny123 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi saleemd
Same here, actually I applied last year September, almost 1 year waiting, I received questionnaire beginning of May and sent it end of May 2017 and still waiting, last month they sent a letter about complex issue that reason they cannot decide in 6 months time but funny thing is they sent me this letter when I was waiting over 10 months another thing this letter came from premium customer service team where my application was postal, really confused how long need to wait, I added all the necessary documents like all sa302, all company tax returns and all tax paid receipts, and I don't have amendment still don't know why taking that's long.

Hope for the best for everyone

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Donny,

Strongly recommend to get an MP involved if you haven't till now, the HO is not above law and how do they expect us to function without having a visa.

Write a letter to the complains department as well, knock on every door. don't leave them at all were paying for a service.