ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant Visa - extension query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rajshree
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependant Visa - extension query

Post by Rajshree » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am

I have 2 specific queries regarding extension of my Tier 1 General Dependant Visa, see my immigration history below for your reference:

21-Aug-12 - Date of issue of Tier 1 General Dependant visa i.e. entry clearance issued
09-Jan-13 - Date of entry in the UK – since more than 90 days from date of issue, this is the relevant date for all of my calculations
25-Apr-14 - Date of 1st extension of Tier 1 General Dependant visa under PBS system (3 years)
25-Apr-17 - Date of expiry of 1st extended Tier 1 General Dependant visa
08-Jan-18 - Due for ILR (5 years from 9 Jan 13)
10-Dec-17 - Eligible to apply for ILR (28 days before 8 Jan 18)

So I need to extend my Tier 1 General Dependant for 8 months to cover me till I apply for ILR in December 17. My Tier 1 General Dependant visa postal application will cost me £1,771 with additional burden of £600 for health surcharge (even when I am working and pay NI). And my ILR postal application will cost me another £1,875. Given the high amount of fee:

1.Can I have a visa extension for reduced period (for example 1 year) such that I have to pay pro-rated amount of fees and health surcharge?

2.If not, is there a process under which I can claim pro-rated refund of fees and health surcharge relating to the unused amount of visa duration, after I have made application for the ILR?

Any advice / guidance will be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

Abc499

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant Visa - extension query

Post by Abc499 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 am

Rajshree wrote: 21-Aug-12 - Date of issue of Tier 1 General Dependant visa i.e. entry clearance issued

1.Can I have a visa extension for reduced period (for example 1 year) such that I have to pay pro-rated amount of fees and health surcharge?

2.If not, is there a process under which I can claim pro-rated refund of fees and health surcharge relating to the unused amount of visa duration, after I have made application for the ILR?
By any chance if you applied before 9 July 2012 (which entry clearance issued on 21-08-2012) then you are eligible (2 years) anytime with/after main applicant T1G-ILR.

1. NO
2. NO