ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for residence from within Europe.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yomaji
Newly Registered

Applying for residence from within Europe.

Post by yomaji » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Hello, this will be my first post here as along time lurker. I'm actually in a somewhat similiar situation with a more complicated aspect. My wife is a national from the gulf area and we need her families permission to travel and apply for a visa etc, that's something we can't get.

We eloped almost 2 years ago and got married in Denmark, so we do have some official paperwork. Her family guilt-tripped her back under the assumption she would return to me after a while, which turned out to be a lie. At the time she was feeling so down and guilty that we somehow agreed to that.

Right now we're planning our future and I was thinking about how we would be able to apply for residence for her. She does have a shengen visa, but from what I understand you need to apply in your home country for a permit. That's something thats nearly impossible for us to do. She can enter Europe and she already has a normal shengen visa, but I would like to know if there are any possibilities for us to continue this using a different visa or a different method all together that we can execute while she's already here.

If anyone has any kind of expierence with this or any ideas or methods I would love to hear about it.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Applying for residence from within Europe.

Post by ALKB » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:33 pm

yomaji wrote:Hello, this will be my first post here as along time lurker. I'm actually in a somewhat similiar situation with a more complicated aspect. My wife is a national from the gulf area and we need her families permission to travel and apply for a visa etc, that's something we can't get.

We eloped almost 2 years ago and got married in Denmark, so we do have some official paperwork. Her family guilt-tripped her back under the assumption she would return to me after a while, which turned out to be a lie. At the time she was feeling so down and guilty that we somehow agreed to that.

Right now we're planning our future and I was thinking about how we would be able to apply for residence for her. She does have a shengen visa, but from what I understand you need to apply in your home country for a permit. That's something thats nearly impossible for us to do. She can enter Europe and she already has a normal shengen visa, but I would like to know if there are any possibilities for us to continue this using a different visa or a different method all together that we can execute while she's already here.

If anyone has any kind of expierence with this or any ideas or methods I would love to hear about it.

Do you have a European nationality and if so, do you live in the country of your nationality or elsewhere?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

yomaji
Newly Registered

Post by yomaji » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:05 pm

ALKB wrote:
yomaji wrote: Do you have a European nationality and if so, do you live in the country of your nationality or elsewhere?
I am dutch myself, with a dutch nationality. Currently I'm living in my country, but planning on moving to belguim since I've been adviced it's the best route in EU.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:01 am

yomaji wrote:
ALKB wrote:
yomaji wrote: Do you have a European nationality and if so, do you live in the country of your nationality or elsewhere?
I am dutch myself, with a dutch nationality. Currently I'm living in my country, but planning on moving to belguim since I've been adviced it's the best route in EU.

If you move to Belgium (or any other EU country apart from the Netherlands) your wife can enter with her Schengen visa and apply for a Residence Card for Family Members of EEA Nationals in-country.

You will need to be exercising treaty rights for the both of you to stay beyond 90 days.

If you remain in the Netherlands, you will have to fulfil the requirements of Dutch domestic immigration law, which I am not familiar with.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am

Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.