ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alibahi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by alibahi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:47 pm

hi

answer of your questions

1. Have you shown self employment income as part of your ILR application.
dividend income plus salary
2. Also can you post the nature of the questions from today's interview.
he asked questions about my current business interview goes for 30min
no question about amendments or late tax payment.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 pm

alibahi wrote:hi

answer of your questions

Many Thanks Alibahi . Good to know they are not asking question on previous amendments.

Wish you the very best

Raj

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading this forum since I applied for my ILR in June 2016, my biometrics letter came in July and acknowledgement received in August 2016, on acknowledgement letter HO mentioned that they will make decision within 6 months and if they can not they will let me know asap.

I claimed PAYE earnings plus limited company dividends as company director and 100% shareholder and never had any tax amendements , I never received any correspondences after this and no letters for interview or anything but until now I have not received response on my application and it is really starting to stress my whole family out ... reading this forum gives us assurity that we are not the only ones !

I wish everyone best of luck and shame on HO incompetency in dealing with such important applications after charging such ridiculous fee !

K

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 pm

answer of your questions

Hi Alibahi,

I am in a similar situation as yours.

For current ILR application, my earnings are Salary and Dividend income from my ltd company.
Can you please let me know what questions they asked in interview about Ltd company and business related questions?
It will be helpful to lot of people who are in similar situation.

Also, are they asking questions related to current ILR application only or initial and extension application as well?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

mpath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:40 pm

mpath wrote:hi Alibahi,

For current ILR application, my earnings are Salary and Dividend income from my ltd company.
Can you please let me know what questions they asked in interview about Ltd company and business related questions?

Also, are they asking questions related to current ILR application only or initial and extension application as well?

Thanks again.

mpath
A simple forum search would have given you the sticky topic containing a list of questions, linked below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03628.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 pm

CR001 wrote:

Thanks again.

mpath
A simple forum search would have given you the sticky topic containing a list of questions, linked below.

Thanks for your reply CR001.
I seen these questions, however these are the questions from a questionnaire given at PSC.
Just checking who been to interview recently and applied through POST.
I seen some questions in this forum but most of the questions are self employed related questions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 pm

mpath wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks again.

mpath

Thanks for your reply CR001.
I seen these questions, however these are the questions from a questionnaire given at PSC.
Just checking who been to interview recently and applied through POST.
I seen some questions in this forum but most of the questions are self employed related questions.
The questions will likely be along the same lines as it seems to be only Tier 1 General migrants who have this issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:11 pm

My case is over 6 months and still waiting for the responds. HO send a letter after 8 weeks and said yes they will call me for interview but now 26 weeks over no reply till today. Many cases are pending I don't know what they are doing.

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:33 pm

mpath wrote:

answer of your questions

Hi Alibahi,

Thanks again.

mpath
Hi
Questions all about business and limited company details for me he started with
R u sole trader
Did you ever have any business partner
Question about documents I have submitted
Also about bank details
Bank transactions
How much you pay your accountant and what documents you submit for accounts
How much tax you paid recently
Y all papers are not on your name
Basically he everything about my business and documents have submitted for ILR
No other question nothing about tax amendments which I was worried and expecting that next question will be about tax amendments
I think it all depends on case worker and your application plus documents or nature of your business
Hope all these information help you and other memwbers

strada

Post by strada » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:27 pm

jarraj1102 wrote:
denizozger wrote:Feb 2016 Application submitted by post

After 6 months limit, my legal representatives sent a follow-up letter, no response.

October 2016 I applied for premium service, it was rejected without any given reason.

In November 2016 I had my company call Home Office and enquire on my behalf, they said I needed to go abroad for business, 2 hours later I was invited for an interview, I attended the interview 2 weeks later.

Early January I filed an official complaint.
Early January I asked my local MP enquire on my behalf, which she did.

I received ILR mid January 2017.

After 6 months I strongly suggest to file an official complaint and have your MP enquire.

Good luck

Dear Forum Members,

Like many of you , i have been waiting for more than 6 months for a decision on my Tier 1 general- ILR application with the HO. Today I have sent a letter to HO through my legal representative and also have emailed my local MP to get a reply from HO asap,as HO has clearly not met their service standards to reach a decision on my application within 6 months. I have come to a conclusion that this indefinite wait does not serve any purpose apart from putting unwanted pressure on me and my family who have paid the most exaggerated ILR application fee for a substandard service.

I got my inspiration from the below thread and the above quoted reference .As any result on my application is better than this killing waiting game. At the very least i will know what is the issue with my application and what i have to do.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 09564.html

I have made the following points on both my letter to HO and MP.

1. A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans to see my family and job prospects.

2. How can any future guarantee given by HO can be trusted when they themselves have not met their service standard levels and have not responded to me in the last 6 months and also cannot give a time period on when my application will be processed.

3. I have also emailed my MP mentioning that the HO is using a delaying tactic only in the case of Tier 1 general applicants applying for ILR, while other applications are being considered on time. There seems to be a clear discrimination against us.

4. I have also mailed both my MP and HO mentioning that if don't hear from them soon , i will raise this issue both with Ombudsman and also email press houses with all the evidences i have.

I sincerely feel everyone on a indefinite wait for a decision should take up their case with the HO and their MP.

Please find the links for service standards set by HO themselves below along with the complaints procedure and ombudsman page where a complaint can be raised if HO and your MP do not help your cause.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

Good luck everyone.Please feel free to ask any questions you have and unlike HO i will try answering them.

Raj
Hi Raj and denizozger,

Thank you for your well-informed post. I have been waiting for almost year now and still no response. I went to their time wasting interview in November last year and have still heard nothing. I am keen now to take this to my MP and Ombudsman. Do you have a format of the letter sent to the MP?

rchadha123

Post by rchadha123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:24 pm

"
Hello All,

I have a little update for guys who have applied ILR via Tier 1 G ....If you have amendments and even you have fully paid it, still you will be called for interview...According to case worker, HMRC is taking around 4 months to send them details of your tax.
"

Just found a FOI response from UKVI that HMRC responds within 28 days. I found the below link useful and you guys might want to read as well. I quoted the above post as it appears that some part of Home Office is giving incorrect information to us. What a surprise! :shock:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... plicatio_2

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:19 pm

strada wrote:
jarraj1102 wrote:

After 6 months limit, my legal representatives sent a follow-up letter, no response.

October 2016 I applied for premium service, it was rejected without any given reason.

In November 2016 I had my company call Home Office and enquire on my behalf, they said I needed to go abroad for business, 2 hours later I was invited for an interview, I attended the interview 2 weeks later.

After 6 months I strongly suggest to file an official complaint and have your MP enquire.

Good luck

Dear Forum Members,

Like many of you , i have been waiting for more than 6 months for a decision on my Tier 1 general- ILR application with the HO. Today I have sent a letter to HO through my legal representative and also have emailed my local MP to get a reply from HO asap,as HO has clearly not met their service standards to reach a decision on my application within 6 months. I have come to a conclusion that this indefinite wait does not serve any purpose apart from putting unwanted pressure on me and my family who have paid the most exaggerated ILR application fee for a substandard service.

I got my inspiration from the below thread and the above quoted reference .As any result on my application is better than this killing waiting game. At the very least i will know what is the issue with my application and what i have to do.

1. A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans to see my family and job prospects.

2. How can any future guarantee given by HO can be trusted when they themselves have not met their service standard levels and have not responded to me in the last 6 months and also cannot give a time period on when my application will be processed.

3. I have also emailed my MP mentioning that the HO is using a delaying tactic only in the case of Tier 1 general applicants applying for ILR, while other applications are being considered on time. There seems to be a clear discrimination against us.

4. I have also mailed both my MP and HO mentioning that if don't hear from them soon , i will raise this issue both with Ombudsman and also email press houses with all the evidences i have.

I sincerely feel everyone on a indefinite wait for a decision should take up their case with the HO and their MP.

Please find the links for service standards set by HO themselves below along with the complaints procedure and ombudsman page where a complaint can be raised if HO and your MP do not help your cause.

Good luck everyone.Please feel free to ask any questions you have and unlike HO i will try answering them.

Raj
Hi Raj and denizozger,

Thank you for your well-informed post. I have been waiting for almost year now and still no response. I went to their time wasting interview in November last year and have still heard nothing. I am keen now to take this to my MP and Ombudsman. Do you have a format of the letter sent to the MP?[/q
uote]

Strada

I too am still waiting ! :/

banky
Newly Registered

Post by banky » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:52 am

Shanu111 wrote:Hi
I have applied for ilr on 26/04/2016 and done biometric on 11/05/2016
Then received a letter from HO( 31/09/2016)asking about my children visa application (they born in the uk so we didn't send their application bcoz we planning to get the uk citizens for them after we got the ilr)so sent to the a email explaining that.
Still waiting.no tax amend.paid all the tax.
Self employed £22000.00 employees 18000.00
Any idea about the delay
Hi Shaun,
Have you heard anything back from the home office yet.

Thank you

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:38 pm

banky wrote:
Shanu111 wrote:Hi
I have applied for ilr on 26/04/2016 and done biometric on 11/05/2016
Then received a letter from HO( 31/09/2016)asking about my children visa application (they born in the uk so we didn't send their application bcoz we planning to get the uk citizens for them after we got the ilr)so sent to the a email explaining that.
Still waiting.no tax amend.paid all the tax.
Self employed £22000.00 employees 18000.00
Any idea about the delay
Hi Shaun,
Have you heard anything back from the home office yet.

Thank you
HI
Not yet nothing heard from them.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 pm

strada wrote:
jarraj1102 wrote:

Good luck

Dear Forum Members,

Raj
Hi Raj and denizozger,

Thank you for your well-informed post. I have been waiting for almost year now and still no response. I went to their time wasting interview in November last year and have still heard nothing. I am keen now to take this to my MP and Ombudsman. Do you have a format of the letter sent to the MP?

Dear,

I am still waiting to hear from HO and my MP with regards to my complaint. And only if i don't hear from them in 20 working days of my complaint i will move ahead with my complaint to ombudsman.

Meanwhile please find a sample template i used to raise the complaint with the MP on the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 39879.html

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from my MP's office and they have confirmed with me that they will raise a case with the Home office with regards to the delay on my ILR application and also send me a letter confirming the same. They have promised that i should hear from the Home office within the next couple of weeks.To be honest the MP's office were very concerned and have promised they will do everything possible to expedite my case within the next one month.

I have had amendments and submitted all the supporting documents from the HMRC along with my application.So don't see the point in them holding my application any further. If there were checks to made they should have done this within the 6 months . And also i can see that the Home office is deliberately using delaying tactic even for applicants who have had their interview.All this in-spite of the ridiculous application fee we pay.

I feel if 6 months is not enough to make a decision then 6 years might not be enough , there is no possible excuse when similar applications are being decided on the same day in PEO.

Please find the letter i used to write to my MP and cc'd to the immigration minister , hope this helps others you would like to take their cases further up rather than willing to wait indefinitely . I have also asked my solicitor to mail a letter to HO which he has done and cc me in the letter and also i have personally raised a complaint with the HO stating that i have raised my case both with my MP and the immigration minister and a further delay on deciding on my application or if i receive any further letter to wait (Time given to respond 20 working days) . I will be forced to take this up with the Ombudsman and claim for all the lost earnings and the stress caused to my personal life

To,

Mem ber of Parliment
House of Commons
Westminster, London
SW1A 0AA

Respected Sir,
I am one of your constituent who resides at the given below address. I posted my application for indefinite leave to remain in UK application (Case ref Id:….) to UK Visas and Immigration on 08/08/2016 after the required qualifying period on my current Tier 1 general visa ( Highly skilled work visa).
The time frame agreed by UK Visas and Immigration for such applications is within 6 months as stated on the link from the webiste, their website also states that if they are unable to decide an application within the 6 months’ time frame, the applicant will be informed within 3 months of the application submission date.

I have been waiting for a result on my application for more than 6 months now and my inquiry calls to them have been repeatedly answered with a standard response that my application is still being processed. Meanwhile, because of this unnecessary delay I am unable to look for better jobs, travel to see my aged parents and have to put hold plans to start a family with my partner whose application to continue her residence in UK has been delayed because of my application.

I work as an IT analyst at a leading charity and my partner is a nurse at the NHS. Both of us are currently under immense stress due to this unwanted delay and this uncertainty has started to affect our personal and professional lives. All this is in-spite of having paid £ 4000 for both the applications and having waited for more than 6 months with no communication from them whatsoever. I like other similar applicants feel that the poor service rendered does not justify the astronomical fee charged.

Meanwhile, I managed to find a new job recently and cannot join them unless I produce a valid work permit within the next one month. The job loss will result in further derailing my career ambitions and loss of earnings. I have attached the proof of offer letter along with this mail for your kind reference.

As a person who is lost and does not know where to seek help for my predicament, I sincerely request your timely help. I will be immensely grateful if you can inquire with the UK visas and immigration, the reason for the delay and to kindly request them to expedite my application as soon as possible.

This will allow both me and partner to get on with our much deserved life.

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your's Sincerely

Thanks

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 am

jarraj1102 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from my MP's office and they have confirmed with me that they will raise a case with the Home office with regards to the delay on my ILR application and also send me a letter confirming the same. They have promised that i should hear from the Home office within the next couple of weeks.To be honest the MP's office were very concerned and have promised they will do everything possible to expedite my case within the next one month.

I have had amendments and submitted all the supporting documents from the HMRC along with my application.So don't see the point in them holding my application any further. If there were checks to made they should have done this within the 6 months . And also i can see that the Home office is deliberately using delaying tactic even for applicants who have had their interview.All this in-spite of the ridiculous application fee we pay.

I feel if 6 months is not enough to make a decision then 6 years might not be enough , there is no possible excuse when similar applications are being decided on the same day in PEO.

Please find the letter i used to write to my MP and cc'd to the immigration minister , hope this helps others you would like to take their cases further up rather than willing to wait indefinitely . I have also asked my solicitor to mail a letter to HO which he has done and cc me in the letter and also i have personally raised a complaint with the HO stating that i have raised my case both with my MP and the immigration minister and a further delay on deciding on my application or if i receive any further letter to wait (Time given to respond 20 working days) . I will be forced to take this up with the Ombudsman and claim for all the lost earnings and the stress caused to my personal life

To,

Mem ber of Parliment
House of Commons
Westminster, London
SW1A 0AA

Respected Sir,
I am one of your constituent who resides at the given below address. I posted my application for indefinite leave to remain in UK application (Case ref Id:….) to UK Visas and Immigration on 08/08/2016 after the required qualifying period on my current Tier 1 general visa ( Highly skilled work visa).
The time frame agreed by UK Visas and Immigration for such applications is within 6 months as stated on the link from the webiste, their website also states that if they are unable to decide an application within the 6 months’ time frame, the applicant will be informed within 3 months of the application submission date.

I have been waiting for a result on my application for more than 6 months now and my inquiry calls to them have been repeatedly answered with a standard response that my application is still being processed. Meanwhile, because of this unnecessary delay I am unable to look for better jobs, travel to see my aged parents and have to put hold plans to start a family with my partner whose application to continue her residence in UK has been delayed because of my application.

I work as an IT analyst at a leading charity and my partner is a nurse at the NHS. Both of us are currently under immense stress due to this unwanted delay and this uncertainty has started to affect our personal and professional lives. All this is in-spite of having paid £ 4000 for both the applications and having waited for more than 6 months with no communication from them whatsoever. I like other similar applicants feel that the poor service rendered does not justify the astronomical fee charged.

Meanwhile, I managed to find a new job recently and cannot join them unless I produce a valid work permit within the next one month. The job loss will result in further derailing my career ambitions and loss of earnings. I have attached the proof of offer letter along with this mail for your kind reference.

As a person who is lost and does not know where to seek help for my predicament, I sincerely request your timely help. I will be immensely grateful if you can inquire with the UK visas and immigration, the reason for the delay and to kindly request them to expedite my application as soon as possible.

This will allow both me and partner to get on with our much deserved life.

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your's Sincerely

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the template

I have been waiting from last 7 months now, called twice standard reply from UKVI call center. At the start of this month written a letter to their Sheffield office , still haven't heard anything back.

I am thinking to have a chat with my local MP and will request him to enquire on my behalf as I think we get treated differently , as if we don't have a life or ambitions to follow.

Hope it will turn out good for you, keep us updated. with all my best wishes to you and everyone waiting !

strada

Post by strada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:41 am

Hi Jarraj1102 ,
Thank you for sharing with us the template. I have now sent an email and a recorded delivery letter to my MP. I intend sending also a complaint letter to the HO Asap. Please can you confirm this is the email - complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Unfortunately the HO has pushed us to the wall now and we need to fight for what is ours.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 am

strada wrote:Hi Jarraj1102 ,
Thank you for sharing with us the template. I have now sent an email and a recorded delivery letter to my MP. I intend sending also a complaint letter to the HO Asap. Please can you confirm this is the email - complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Unfortunately the HO has pushed us to the wall now and we need to fight for what is ours.
Hi Strada,

Yes it is . You are very much right .What frustrates me is , If this would have involved any other immigration group of people this would have been listed as a front page news . But as we are considered to be the least complaining group (Tier 1 general) HO has decided that anything they do will be taken lying down. But i am not up for it, I am determined to get my ILR and if possible the application fee and other losses i have incurred due to Ho's incompetency.

Regards

Raj

strada

Post by strada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:11 pm

jarraj1102 wrote:
strada wrote:Hi Jarraj1102 ,
Hi Strada,

Yes it is . You are very much right .What frustrates me is , If this would have involved any other immigration group of people this would have been listed as a front page news . But as we are considered to be the least complaining group (Tier 1 general) HO has decided that anything they do will be taken lying down. But i am not up for it, I am determined to get my ILR and if possible the application fee and other losses i have incurred due to Ho's incompetency.

Regards

Raj
Hi Jarraj1102,

You are right, fear is the major factor holding us back from fighting for our right as a People. But the system has it's check and balance so am pretty sure we will win this battle. It's actually gross incompetence on their part, but I guess we still have to be polite but firm in the complaint letter.

Yas123
Newly Registered

Post by Yas123 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

An update on Tier 1 Gen Postal Applications.

3 People who made amendments and paid in full got refused and

3 People who made amedments and and paying through D/D got the VISA's!

So people who are waiting for long and have not received any response yet. I would advise them to be patience and will get a reply soon and will be a positive hopefully.. :)

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Yas123 wrote:Hi Guys,

So people who are waiting for long and have not received any response yet. I would advise them to be patience and will get a reply soon and will be a positive hopefully.. :)
HI,
So it means if you owe them some money they would not refuse you...and if you pay them in once then you have bright chances to be refused.Brilliant

realname
Newly Registered

Post by realname » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Yas123 wrote:Hi Guys,

Hi Yas123,

Good to know the above information but what is the source of information for 3 people and 3 people..

Did you get any reply from HomeOffice as you were waiting aswell since April.

Hopefully everyone gets a positive reply soon...

Yas123
Newly Registered

Post by Yas123 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 am

Hi,

With my lawyer one of the applicant got Ilr after 11 months. He did amendments and paying through D/D.

A friend of mine lawyer told him about the rest.

I still have not received any updates from HO yet.

As the rest, I am too worried as well about the time limit and considered a complain and going through MP. But I was told by my lawyer to wait. As until now I have not received any updates, hopefully the outcome will be soon and positive.. fingers crossed xx

denizozger
Newly Registered

Post by denizozger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:55 pm

mohit_jain1985 wrote:

Good luck
Congratulations mate. :)
If you don't mind , can you please briefly explain your case? Did you have any tax amendments?
thanks
I didn't have any tax amedments.

Tricky bits in my application were:
- Worked remotely 3 times, totalling 9 months
- Worked self-employed and permie
- When outside of the UK, I contracted a UK based company and a few local companies