ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused after one Year

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suvalike
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused after one Year

Post by suvalike » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:33 pm

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension application Refused :cry: :cry: .I applied on MARCH 2016 and got the letter yesterday. :cry:

NON-POINTS SCORING REASONS FOR REFUSAL :

Secretary of state is not satisfied on the base of probabilities that:

You have established,taken over or become a director of one or more genuine businesses in the UK, and have genuinely operated that business;

You intend to cont. operating one or more business in the UK.

Then it lists the evidences i submitted and later it details the reasons for rejection as below:

1: When you were asked at interview about what contracts you currently have, you stated "We have 3 clients on permanent basis A ltd, B ltd and C ltd."

The permanent clients contracts are not provided as you said during the interview that you have three permanent clients.One of the clients company was dissolved too (we were not asked to provide the contracts neither after or during interview nor it was in the immigration requirements)

2:Company Business bank statements does not corroborate with the Company Turn over figures as in the accounts stated.(Because i only provided the statements for the investment covering period instead of the whole three years)

3:Business is in the London (Virtual office)and have two Employee's,Its questionable why you would employ two full time staff and not have premises from where they would work. (They were working from home and sometime we hired the desk whenever needed)

4: Your Employee have the permanent address outside of London as it was on the payslips so its not plausible that your staff would be working from London address for such a long time.(I told them in the interview that that is her permanent address and she lives in the London and i was asked about her address and i said i dnt know that address)

Based on the above considerations the secretary of state is therefore refusing your application because you have not met the genuineness test at paragraph 245DD(K) when assessing , on the balance of probabilities , the points listed at paragraph 245DD(I) of the immigration rules.

Note: I have been awarded all the 95 points though but still got the refusal.

Please can you advise me now the next course of actions and how can i justify the refusal points.

what are the options left for me now.

Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Refused after one Year

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:59 pm

I think your case is,one of the fews,rejected on the basis of genuinness.
Did you ever confirm employees addresses?

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 pm

In AR you can explain rigorously why those circumstances were there as you have mentioned in here.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:33 pm

I got visa lucky but they asked me every document during interviews I have provided
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:09 pm

It seems that you were unable to answer properly during the interview and were completely unprepared to justify the business decisions you made.

Why a client's company is dissolved ? That is very questionable.
Why didn't you properly argue that your business does NOT require a premises, like a London office is quite expensive and it is not currently financially viable for my start up or I hire rooms for my meetings instead or my employees asked for flexible working conditions at home as they have family, live ther other side of the city, etc :?
I told them in the interview that that is her permanent address and she lives in the London and i was asked about her address and i said i dnt know that address
This sentence really makes no sense !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Following this refusal,I think sumitting copy of the contracts and business bank statements is not a bad option?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi How they know you have virtual office? did u ask at time of Interview? and what kind of business are you doing???

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:15 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:Following this refusal,I think sumitting copy of the contracts and business bank statements is not a bad option?
Not really. There were certainly obvious red flags in the above application that made HO quite suspicious of the applicant business activity. Sending extra documents does NOT make you genuine, it could even compel them to investigate your business even further. There is no hard and fast rule here.
I am not sure what kind of business activity the OP is engaged in but you must remember that under Tier 1E, every application is UNIQUE and decided on its OWN MERITS.
Always remember hundreds of applicants who got approval without questioning or sending extra documents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am

zimba88 wrote:
ishfaqsangra wrote:Following this refusal,I think sumitting copy of the contracts and business bank statements is not a bad option?
Not really. There were certainly obvious red flags in the above application that made HO quite suspicious of the applicant business activity. Sending extra documents does NOT make you genuine, it could even compel them to investigate your business even further. There is no hard and fast rule here.
I am not sure what kind of business activity the OP is engaged in but you must remember that under Tier 1E, every application is UNIQUE and decided on its OWN MERITS.
Always remember hundreds of applicants who got approval without questioning or sending extra documents
In my case I provided 3 years bank statement
But don't think they looked at the entire 3 years
Maximum they looked at was 3 months.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Sorry about this and if you dont mind can you let us know what business are you doing? because having a virtual office is not a problem, however there is some thing else in your business especially in annual accounts and banking statement which lead the HO to make this decision.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:06 pm

awan905 wrote:Sorry about this and if you dont mind can you let us know what business are you doing? because having a virtual office is not a problem, however there is some thing else in your business especially in annual accounts and banking statement which lead the HO to make this decision.
I agree with awan905
It has to be other things that must have raised the red flag.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm

I also believe that the nature and the level of of his business activity is an important factor to know here.
The OP has not visited since posting. Let's see what he says when he comes back.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Very sorry to hear about the refusal.

Were you questioned as to why you had a virtual office? What answer did you provide to justify your decision? It's quite common in London for businesses to have a virtual address due to concerns over the costs of renting/leasing in the capital, so the Home Office should not use this reason to question the genuineness of your business.
Are you applying for AR?
You can explain that you were not asked for the documents listed in the letter and that you can provide the documents if required.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 pm

awan905 wrote:Sorry about this and if you dont mind can you let us know what business are you doing? because having a virtual office is not a problem, however there is some thing else in your business especially in annual accounts and banking statement which lead the HO to make this decision.

Agreed with awan905, zimba88 and cappachino. Having VO is indeed a good business strategy if the nature of the business fits with that.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:04 pm

was it £50,000 or £200,000?

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:I think your case is,one of the fews,rejected on the basis of genuinness.
Did you ever confirm employees addresses?
No i did not confirm the addresses ...There was no requirement for that to send any thing apart from thier payslips which have their permanent addresses

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:24 pm

samaygrg wrote:In AR you can explain rigorously why those circumstances were there as you have mentioned in here.
The problem is there is limitation of 1000 words maximum in the AR so i can not explain them everything fully. :|

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Business2business wrote:I got visa lucky but they asked me every document during interviews I have provided
Did you provide the additional documents during the interview ...that is what you mean ?

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 pm

zimba88 wrote:It seems that you were unable to answer properly during the interview and were completely unprepared to justify the business decisions you made. I was a bit nervous in the interview

Why a client's company is dissolved ? That is very questionable. It was their mistake.They searched the wrong company with spelling mistake So it was type mistake from the interviewer who put the i instead of e and made a different company

Why didn't you properly argue that your business does NOT require a premises, like a London office is quite expensive and it is not currently financially viable for my start up or I hire rooms for my meetings instead or my employees asked for flexible working conditions at home as they have family, live ther other side of the city, etc :? i wish i could have said like this ....But now i want to in the AR.
I told them in the interview that that is her permanent address and she lives in the London and i was asked about her address and i said i dnt know that address
This sentence really makes no sense !

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 pm

cappachino wrote:
zimba88 wrote:
In my case I provided 3 years bank statement
But don't think they looked at the entire 3 years
Maximum they looked at was 3 months.
I only provided those statements which reflected the investment transactions and that was the requirement too. They never asked me for further statements...They said my turn over for three years was not corroborating with the statements because they did not have all the full three years statements.
CW also said "The accounts you have sent to us have not been audited by your accountant as they are unaudited management accounts, and you accountant also confirmed they have not verified the accuracy of your accounting records." Can someone please clarify what it means by....Accounts are always un-audited (below the 5 million threshold turn over) and my accountant also never said anything like this.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 pm

My business nature is providing IT services .Banking statements and annual accounts are corroborating with each other. The only issue is the CW could not cross check the turn over figures with bank statements because i did only provide few statements which were required as per immigration law to prove the investment transactions instead of the whole three years.

Nether they requested me for addition statments...So please advise what should i say to them about this point.Thx

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 pm

sm12 wrote:Very sorry to hear about the refusal.

Were you questioned as to why you had a virtual office? What answer did you provide to justify your decision? It's quite common in London for businesses to have a virtual address due to concerns over the costs of renting/leasing in the capital, so the Home Office should not use this reason to question the genuineness of your business.
Are you applying for AR?
You can explain that you were not asked for the documents listed in the letter and that you can provide the documents if required.
Yes i will go for AR and there is no any other option.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:50 pm

sameerb wrote:was it £50,000 or £200,000?
it was £50,000

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:58 pm

suvalike wrote:My Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension application Refused :cry: :cry: .I applied on MARCH 2016 and got the letter yesterday. :cry:

You have established,taken over or become a director of one or more genuine businesses in the UK, and have genuinely operated that business;

Then it lists the evidences i submitted and later it details the reasons for rejection as below:

1: When you were asked at interview about what contracts you currently have, you stated "We have 3 clients on permanent basis A ltd, B ltd and C ltd."

The permanent clients contracts are not provided as you said during the interview that you have three permanent clients.One of the clients company was dissolved too (we were not asked to provide the contracts neither after or during interview nor it was in the immigration requirements)

2:Company Business bank statements does not corroborate with the Company Turn over figures as in the accounts stated.(Because i only provided the statements for the investment covering period instead of the whole three years)

3:Business is in the London (Virtual office)and have two Employee's,Its questionable why you would employ two full time staff and not have premises from where they would work. (They were working from home and sometime we hired the desk whenever needed)

4: Your Employee have the permanent address outside of London as it was on the payslips so its not plausible that your staff would be working from London address for such a long time.(I told them in the interview that that is her permanent address and she lives in the London and i was asked about her address and i said i dnt know that address)

Based on the above considerations the secretary of state is therefore refusing your application because you have not met the genuineness test at paragraph 245DD(K) when assessing , on the balance of probabilities , the points listed at paragraph 245DD(I) of the immigration rules.

Please can you advise me now the next course of actions and how can i justify the refusal points.

Thanks
Hi guys,

Please advise me should i apply for AR myself or should i go through via solicitor. Thanks

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:09 pm

suvalike wrote:
suvalike wrote:My Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension application Refused :cry: :cry: .I applied on MARCH 2016 and got the letter yesterday. :cry:

Thanks
Hi guys,

Please advise me should i apply for AR myself or should i go through via solicitor. Thanks
Hi guys,

I am posting the refusal points as attachment from my refusal letter one by one .After discussing the posted refusal points , we will discuss the others.Please have a look and advise me accordingly what should i say to the home office.I will really appreciate.

{As per from my side about this particular refusal point, i did not provide them all the three years statements which reflect the turn over transactions.It was not asked anywhere in the immigration rules.I just provided them those statements which were reflecting the investment transactions.}
Attachments
point-1-Immigrationboards.PNG
First Refusal Point
point-1-Immigrationboards.PNG (47.94 KiB) Viewed 1927 times