ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siva81

EC applied on 7 feb

Post by siva81 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:25 pm

hi all,

How would I come to know that I called for interview , will they send a mail or we need to check VFS site regularly , Guru's please update in this .

Thanks,
Siva81

sekharpdr
Newly Registered

Post by sekharpdr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Dear Friends,

I submitted my EC application at VFS, Chennai, India yesterday (11/feb). I went to VFS office at around 8:45am. Not much of crowd outside the building at that time.

Just a note: For friends who are attending the VFS Office in Chennai, it is located exactly opposite to pachaiyappa's college adjacent to the traffic signal. VFS office is in the first floor of Symphony Palace.

I walked to the first floor and security asked me to make any entry in the register and asked me how many applicants. I said only one. He gave me a token, scanned with the metal detector and allowed me to go in.

Just a note: Friends cell phones are not allowed into the VFS office. But if you have them with you, while you are at VFS office. Don’t worry, the security will collect them before you enter and you can re-collect them back while leaving VFS.

After I entered the building, there are around 40 people (approximately) waiting inside. The security guy inside the office asked me to sit and wait for the token number to be displayed.

I told that guy that I have to fill the application. He told me that it has to be done outside. He asked me to collect the application from the entrance, fill it and come back. He asked me to use the exit door to go out and collect the application.

Actually, I already filled the internet application print out and wanted to re-fill the form that was available at VFS.

Man!!! :cry: I thought I would loose my token number and I have to get it again. I came out of the exit door and the security guy from inside came out and told the outside security to give me the application form and informed him that I would fill and come back. I was asked to go to the ground floor to fill my application, since there are cameras recording live even at the entrance. Luckily they didn't ask my token back :D .

I came down, filled my application and when I returned back, there was a huge line at the stair case :roll: . I went straight to the security and showed him the token. He scanned me again and allowed me into the office.

Actually I had all the documents (in original) that are required for HSMP, but I don't know which one to make a copy and how many copies of the document that I have to submit.

I asked the lady at the enquiry counter, what are all the documents required for submission. She gave me a document "Integra Check list" and asked me do you have all these. She told me that I need to submit a copy of those documents. She told me that this checklist is being followed for integra for the past six months.

Here I am typing what is there in the integra checklist: (Note: is my inputs)

1. PERSONAL DETAILS
* Copy of VAF Form (1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th & Declaration Page)
* Copy of Passport
(Note: Take copy of the filled VAF form with the photo affixed. Complete form is not required. Take a copy of the non blank pages of your passport. No need for the full complete passport. If you have older passports you need to take the copy of non blank pages of those passports too.)
2.INTEGRA SCREEN HSMP/WORK PERMIT FORM
(Note: You need to fill this form. The original goes in this checklist and a copy of the same goes with the EC Docs list. For more info read this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=20834)
3. EMPLOYMENT CHECK LIST
* All employment details submitted by the applicant (For both HSMP & Work Permit)
(Note: A copy of your current and your previous employer’s details - appointment letters, hike letters etc. is required here)
4. EDUCATION CHECKLIST (HSMP)
* Degree Certificate for degree information provided in the HSMP Form.
* Last Years mark sheet (Only last year)
(Note: self explanatory)

I made a copy of the above and placed in the exact same order. Integra verification set is ready.

Friends at VFS Chennai the following services are currently available. Xerox copier, Photo and Fee payment services.

Since my token number is way passed, I told the security guy that I went out to fill the application and came back and requested him to inform the same to one of the VFS representative that my token number has crossed. He went and told to one lady in counter no 4. She said that she will call me after the next person.

My turn has come.

I asked her the same question. What are all the documents that I should submit.

She asked me one by one for the EC Set.

1. VAF2 Application form
2. HSMP Approval letter
3. Integra screen form copy
4. HSMP points proforma (Note: This has to be filled. http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/HSMP POINTS PRO FORMA.doc)
5. EC Covering Letter
6. Pay slips till date (which include the one submitted for HSMP)
7. Bank statement till date (which include the one submitted for HSMP)
8. Two employer details, which includes the current employment (i.e. appointment, experience & hike letters). This is sufficient no need to submit more than two employers details, if you have worked for more than two.
9. Last 3 years IT Returns (Original). I initially gave the last year only. The VFS representative advised me to give for 3 years.
10. 10th, 12th & to the highest degree mark sheets and degree certificates (original).
11. Proof of hotel booking.
12. Details of job hunt.
13. DD for INR 17000
14. Asset letter from CA for financial support. I did not submit CA Statement. I have given my liquid funds as an Annexure document.
15. Given all the supporting documents for the Annexure document.
16. Passport. If you have old passport you need to submit that also.
17. If any additional documents that you have submitted to HSMP. I didn't submit anything additional.
18. I have given Xerox of my wife's and kid's passport first and last pages, my ID card copy.

(Note: Most of the above docs are originals.)

Finally she asked me to make a copy of the passport first page and bring it. I made it and gave it to her.

For Integra verification she asked me the complete checklist set. I gave her the set that I prepared.

After taking all these documents, she added one more form to the EC Set and scribbled something on it. Put everything in a folder. She then stamped on the first page copy of my passport and stapled the receipt along with an enquiry details page and gave it to me. She underlined on the VFS website address and the helpline numbers and told me that VFS can be reached to enquire about the application status. She told me to verify for the status after 18 to 20 working days.

She handed over the folder to me and asked me to wait for the biometric. She told the security will call and I have to complete the biometric part and I will be done. I went and sat back in the chair. I was called for biometric and the lady there took the folder and asked me to put all the four fingers of the right hand first and then the left hand. After that both my thumbs at the same time. She took a photograph and ask me to look at the cameras which are located above. And she said that I am done and I can leave now.

I asked her why you are asking me to look at the camera before leaving. She told me that ever activity is being recorded and while doing the biometric only the top of the head of the person is getting recorded and they want to record the face too.

I think I bored you guys. Sorry for the long post. I hope my experience would be helpful.

I would like thank everyone in this forum who have shared their experiences, which helped me to understand the process for HSMP and EC. I also would like to thank Paul Thomas for consolidating everything related to HSMP (http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/). Great work Paul.

Any one needing suggestions pls msg me, I will try to guide to the best of my knowledge.

Regards,
Rajasekhar.

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:21 am

@rajasekar, in my previous post(same thread) i drafted only the imporant events, but urs is a detailed post. same set of things happened even with me.

guys, jus like dec and jan ec threads we feb applicants shall use this thread to track our progress. so kindly post ur timelines in ur signatures(this comes very handy to track our timelines).
Go to profile link and paste ur timelines in the signature text.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:00 am

As I told I missed out submitting job hunt results while filing EC.. as other friends on this forum suggested I have faxed the job hunt results and letter requesting to consider these details to BHC on 044- 42192320.

don't know whether they will consider this or not :?: but did my best from my side :)

devfore11
Newly Registered

Post by devfore11 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 am

Hi,

I submitted my VFS Application on 11th Feb at Delhi.

Integra: Waiting

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:33 pm

BHC will accept the job search or any other doc sent to them. They will add it in your file. Dont worry..

A very good point raised...

Lets all keep this thread live to analyze the situations and timelines. I will add the timlines in my profile right away...

Arun
Applied On : 7-feb
Applied From : Chennai VFS
Integra Verification: Due
Final Status : Waiting

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Any second time EC applicants ?

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 pm

5th day...

Not lucky anymore...

Any one started applying for jobs, just being on the sunny side :D

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Am i speaking to myself...

Guys...

I was in DEC thread as well and it was so useful with ppl analysis, UK life, past issues with EC etc.,

No one wanted to crave for EC ?

alladin

Feb Applicant hereee

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi .,me too applied for EC on Feb 11 at chennai VFS.

Almost the same procedure as described by the other members here.

I had made an email appointment and I think they are giving sme value to it.,
and at the correct time I was called for, no wastage of time.

thanks.,
alladin

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm

arun,

I have seen you on the dec thread, I guess you must have seen me too. One question, does the status change on the website on completion of integra? or does it happen only after the final change?

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm

one more qn.,how do we track our application to EC ???

thanks.,
alladin

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Looks like we got screwed a 1000 Rs. Visa fees changed to INR 16000 from 12th Feb. Oh well!!!

leeds
Newly Registered

Post by leeds » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi antouk,Rajasekhar,

Can you please provide your personal email-Id or Contact Number of Chennai living guys?

1. For individual, how much bank balance need to be shown in salary bank a/c

2. If i show enough fund in Bank balance, do i need to provide CA letter?

3. can i get sponsor letter from friends,if i have insufficient fund in sal a/c?

4. Can i use personel loan for showing liquid fund?

5. If i sumit the EC form in 1st week of March , any impact in EC approval due to new rules?

Thanks,
raj

maverick18

Original Driving License submission

Post by maverick18 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 am

I did not submit my Original Driving Licence at the time of application. I had mailed Chennai-BDHC to consider my passport for age assessment proof. Got a reply stating that they have made note and attached the info electronically to my file.

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:42 am

Hi friends :) nice to see so many messages..

I haven't started applying for jobs....... By this weekend hopefully integra will be done for who applied last week.. But i don't think i will come to know if its done or not from offcie as I am working for a 5000+ employee company..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:55 am

Hi,

I have submitted my EC application today along with my Husband and Daughter, as dependants.

Thanks to sekharpdr, for his elobarate description of his VFS experience. This gave a clear picture of VFS chennai and did not have any surprises.

The lady at the counter was very co-operate and cheeful. She has taken all the documents we have given and was very helpful.

I thought applying for VFS was a painful act. But, to my surprise it went on very smooth.

I had an appointment at 1400 hrs, we reached the VFS by 1300hrs. I thought it might be lunch time and approached the security guy to know when the lunch break would finish. He said there are no lunch breaks and I was happy to know that i do not have to wait.

It was very comfortable as Sekharpdr explained already what happens once we enter the VFS.

I had to pay cash so, first I went to the cash counter and paid the fee.
REMEMBER THE VIAS FEE FOR HSMP IS RS.16000 and NOT RS.17000

Once I paid the fee, i hardly had to wait 5 minutes. Then the lady called us and asked me for the documents one by one. She was very good at arranging the documents.

I have to mention sekharpdr here once again as his post detailed all the documets to be taken and the lady was quite surprised to see that we were ready with all documents.

This took about 15-20mins and she put all the documets in a bag and handed it over to me to go for biometrics. Me and my husband gave our finger prints and photograph. Biometric data is not necessary for infants.

The whole process took about 45-50 mins.

Now the waiting begins.........

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

The new fee structure is effective from Feb 12th

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:45 am

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:47 am

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:47 am

oh my god. missed the 1000 bucks discount by 6 days :D

any ways thx for the info aruni4470 & reincarnation.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

What is the new fee structure?

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:12 pm

What is the new fee structure?

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:07 pm

The new fee structure is that HSMP applicants and their dependants now have to pay only INR 16000 per person instead of the previous INR 17000. This came into force from Feb 12th.