ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) application sent, EEA spouse wants to quit job

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Danlieb

EEA(PR) application sent, EEA spouse wants to quit job

Post by Danlieb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi there,

Just sent EEA(PR) application for EEA national + non-EEA spouse (me) based on qualifying period from Jan 2012 to Dec 2016.

My EEA national spouse wants to quit current job as it's too stressful.

Will it affect the application? Should we inform the HO about the change in employment status even though it's not part of the 5 year qualifying period?

Many thanks in advance.

kamoe

Re: EEA(PR) application sent, EEA spouse wants to quit job

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 am

From the top of my head, I recall hearing on a webinar I attended this week hosted by https://neweuropeans.net/ that for PR you do not necessarily have to apply using the 5-year period immediately prior to your application. You can use your best 5 continuos years. If that's the case, then you should be good. (Maybe drop them a line to confirm how you can verify this information).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.