ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any one got ent. ext. with business running from home?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tarun_shreeji

Any one got ent. ext. with business running from home?

Post by tarun_shreeji » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 am

HI All,

we are applying for tier 1 entrepreneur ext. next week. as team.

we have all require documents,

but as per the tier 1 entrepreneur guidelines for caseworker, in interview section, they mention about business premises and permission if business running for applicant home.

so please give us advice , if any one got visa approval with business running form home?

and, yes so please give us details what types of permission documents you submit with application.

thank you

patel
Nqf level 4 business

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Any one got ent. ext. with business running from home?

Post by Mak9878 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:59 am

No idea... I am also operate from home.. But have not heard before regarding any permission if your rent agreement is on your name or owner of property.

I request the seniors and other successful extension case of entrepreneur to enlighten their thoughts on working from home with employees.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

There is no issue running a business from home,however it all depends upon your business nature as well.

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am

awan905 wrote:There is no issue running a business from home,however it all depends upon your business nature as well.
Our business is Business Consulting
Nqf level 4 business

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am

I have heard of cases (during initial appplication though) where using home address as an office was flagged up especially during interview.

These applicants were asked to provide proof that their landlord permitted use of residential property for business purposes and to also provide evidence of adjusted council tax rate (business rate) payment from the council since the property was being used for both residential and business purposes.

My personal opinion is to err on the side of caution and not use a home address.

That said, I guess there might be several people that had successful applications whilst trading from home.
tarun_shreeji wrote:HI All,

we are applying for tier 1 entrepreneur ext. next week. as team.

we have all require documents,

but as per the tier 1 entrepreneur guidelines for caseworker, in interview section, they mention about business premises and permission if business running for applicant home.

so please give us advice , if any one got visa approval with business running form home?

and, yes so please give us details what types of permission documents you submit with application.

thank you

patel

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:29 am

I also provide educational consultancy and also run a trading firm. I got a large size property with a huge garage and seperate office which is in extension and got seperate entry. I am using garage for stocking of goods which I sell, however for consultancy firm, house premises is only used for general office work, rest dealing with clients such as meeting happens in rented places like as restaurants, hotels, other offices, client premises, etc.
When I was asked this question at interview I explained this and also mentioned that this is keeping my initial business cost (admin cost) quite low and gives me an advantage over the competitors through price.

One more thing that i got my business insurance as per govt policy.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am

babylondoner wrote:I have heard of cases (during initial appplication though) where using home address as an office was flagged up especially during interview.

These applicants were asked to provide proof that their landlord permitted use of residential property for business purposes and to also provide evidence of adjusted council tax rate (business rate) payment from the council since the property was being used for both residential and business purposes.

My personal opinion is to err on the side of caution and not use a home address.

That said, I guess there might be several people that had successful applications whilst trading from home.
Running a business from home can bring various cost advantages, and for many who are running their companies in London, for example, this might be the only viable option in the first few years of the business.

I would also be interested in knowing if there are people here who have succeeded in getting an extension despite running a business at home.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

Why did you start this thread when you posted almost the same question yesterday ??? Why not continue there as you received answers there !!!? :!:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 25509.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice