ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFEREE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GEGE_OO

REFEREE

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for all the help so far, I want to ask can I put a person renting a room in my house as my referee ?
A friend of mine is renting a room with me for the last 8 years and he is romanian by nationality--- can he be my referee and can give the same address as that of the applicant ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: REFEREE

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

A referee as a friend or the professional referee?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

The professional referee can be any nationality, but must meet the professional requirements. The other referee must be a British citizen with a British passport.
Page 10 of [url=https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/583815/AN_Guide_-_January_2017.pdf]Guide AN[/url] wrote:One referee must be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, for example, accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable professional persons can be found on our website. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:10 pm

CR001 wrote:A referee as a friend or the professional referee?
thanks for your reply
I have got three referees
1) A personal accountant with british nationality, who stated that he knows me for the last five years as a personal accountant.
Is it fine to go with it ?
2) A friend who is romanian and rents a room in my house he is a manager in a firm.
I guess he cant be my referee ?

3) A british friend, who just started working age 25
thanks

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

You only need two referees as advised one has to be a professional and one personal so you can go ahead with number 1 and 3