ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO returns documents and confirms successful application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

81romeo
Newly Registered

HO returns documents and confirms successful application

Post by 81romeo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Not sure this happened to anyone else before, apparently my British citizenship application got approved in 30 days.

Application for citizenship received by Home Office: 17 Jan 2017
Biometrics done: 20 Jan 2017

Today the 16 Feb I received a parcel via post from the Home Office containing all my original documentation submitted (council tax bills, payslips, P60s, employer letters, etc) and including a cover letter (dated 14 Feb 2017) stating:

Dear Mr xxxx,

thank you for submitting the enclosed documents in support of your application for British citizenship. All the information submitted has been noted and we will not need to see them again.

I am pleased to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. When you attend a ceremony you will be presented with a certificate of British citizenship.

Please note this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within the next three weeks, you should email us at xxxxx@xxx.xx

Anyone else got this kind of letter/parcel from the Home Office?

Super happy :D

dapto10

Re: HO returns documents and confirms successful application

Post by dapto10 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:52 pm

This is the letter that everybody whose application gets an OK receives.

You should receive another letter shortly with your Citizenship Ceremony invitation.

Congratulations! :D

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:58 pm

dapto10 wrote:This is the letter that everybody whose application gets an OK receives.

You should receive another letter shortly with your Citizenship Ceremony invitation.

Congratulations! :D
Thanks for confirming! Does it really take up to 3 weeks to receive the invitation letter?

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Post by Leon8410 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Romeo,

Congratulations re the incredibly quick approval. My situation is exactly the same as yours (EEA, PR plus 1 year). Could I kindly ask you which supporting documents you included in your application? Letters and P60s or something additional?

Many thanks,

Leo

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Leon8410 wrote:Hi Romeo,

Congratulations re the incredibly quick approval. My situation is exactly the same as yours (EEA, PR plus 1 year). Could I kindly ask you which supporting documents you included in your application? Letters and P60s or something additional?

Many thanks,

Leo
Yeah, it was unbelievably quick, it still doesn't seem real to me 8)

I included 6 years of P60s and 6 years of payslips, 6 yearly council tax bills, 3 employer letters (all my three employers confirming in writing my high amounts of business travel which resulted in being outside the UK for more than 90 days in the last year), passport copy, original LIUK certificate (they kept this one) and the copy of the Trinity B1 exam. To demonstrate my links with the UK despite having been out of the country for more than 90 days I also sent the original Land Registry certificate confirming I own a property in London.

If it helps, please also note that my PR card arrived in May 2016 but I applied for citizenship in Jan 2017 (<12 months). I have become permanent resident in Oct 2015 I guess, as I arrived in the UK in Oct 2010.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Congratulations - this was a super-fast result!

Interested to see that you applied via NCS and they returned all the copies of your documents. I went via NCS but received just the approval letter. Not that I needed the copies returned. It's probably anybody's guess what happened there.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:Congratulations - this was a super-fast result!

Interested to see that you applied via NCS and they returned all the copies of your documents. I went via NCS but received just the approval letter. Not that I needed the copies returned. It's probably anybody's guess what happened there.
Hi,

I don't think the originals were returned by NCS, the parcel arrived from Liverpool. NCS only took copies of the passport which was returned to me on the same day I applied through them.
Still not sure about this super-fast application, less than 1 month is really fast!!!

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Congrats on your really fast and speedy approval, I wish the same for all of us

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

blessedtoday wrote:Congrats on your really fast and speedy approval, I wish the same for all of us
Thanks a lot, I must admit I am very excited! :mrgreen:

Leon8410
Newly Registered

Post by Leon8410 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks a lot Romeo. My NCS just copied letters from educational establishment and employers plus P60s (no payslips or utilities). Fingers crossed no more is needed, but can't do much apart from sit and wait :)

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Does anyone have a clue about how long it will take to get the invitation letter at this stage?
They say up to 3 weeks...does it really take 3 weeks?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:46 pm

81romeo wrote:Does anyone have a clue about how long it will take to get the invitation letter at this stage?

Cheers
It can take a few days to a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
81romeo wrote:Does anyone have a clue about how long it will take to get the invitation letter at this stage?

Cheers
It can take a few days to a couple of weeks.
Thanks a lot CR001.

Do you think it's worth to give the council (Westminster) a call tomorrow to check whether they have already received the notification from the HO? My approval letter is dated 14/02/2017.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:09 pm

That is only 3 working days ago. Suggest wait till end of week and then call.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

CR001 wrote:That is only 3 working days ago. Suggest wait till end of week and then call.
Thanks for your advice. Will do so.

Cheers