ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR) after 10-year residence - upgrade to premium

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masterpeas
Vietnam

ILR SET(LR) after 10-year residence - upgrade to premium

Post by masterpeas » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:36 am

My husband sent out his application on 25th Jan, money was taken the 3rd day after the post, however we have not heard anything regarding acknowledgement since then, it has been nearly a month!!

Is this normal? any way we can contact HO to query why no acknowledgement.... :?

We are also thinking to upgrade to the premium service as our baby is to be born soon! but having requested for the last week, apart from auto-response for acknowledgement of the request, we have not heard from them about acceptance or not.... very struggling!

On their response, they said they would choose the top 5 applicants and confirmation would also be made and responded on the same day before 5pm, we sent our requests on 8am everyday and efforts are still in vain it seems.

Could any senior share more thoughts/experience please? much appreciated!

Omerbutt
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET(LR) after 10-year residence - upgrade to premium

Post by Omerbutt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

masterpeas wrote:My husband sent out his application on 25th Jan, money was taken the 3rd day after the post, however we have not heard anything regarding acknowledgement since then, it has been nearly a month!!

Is this normal? any way we can contact HO to query why no acknowledgement.... :?

We are also thinking to upgrade to the premium service as our baby is to be born soon! but having requested for the last week, apart from auto-response for acknowledgement of the request, we have not heard from them about acceptance or not.... very struggling!

On their response, they said they would choose the top 5 applicants and confirmation would also be made and responded on the same day before 5pm, we sent our requests on 8am everyday and efforts are still in vain it seems.

Hi, same thing happening with me Join the club. Thanks

snoopy01

Post by snoopy01 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I m in the same boat. Sending request forms everyday without any response.

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:07 pm

snoopy01 wrote:I m in the same boat. Sending request forms everyday without any response.
i read other posts and someone got response like a couple of days later. not sure if the applicant kept sending request everyday and got response in a couple of days , or if he sent one request and HO responded not on the same day?!

Everything seems not the same as their policy guidance.... we deserve a response if our request is made before 12pm!

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Omerbutt wrote:
masterpeas wrote:My husband sent out his application on 25th Jan, money was taken the 3rd day after the post, however we have not heard anything regarding acknowledgement since then, it has been nearly a month!!

Hi, same thing happening with me Join the club. Thanks
how long have you been sending requests for? what time are you sending the request please?

dont know if this is working well.... wondering if there is any complaint line?!

snoopy01

Post by snoopy01 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Every morning 8am -810am.. already sent complaint by email to them

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:10 pm

UPDATE:

funny enough, after my post this morning, around lunch time today, I received an email from UKBA saying my husband's application has been received and is being considered. It will take maximum 6 months#!!

I do need to upgrade the app to premium asap! cannot wait for 6 months... baby will be half a year old! :?

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 pm

snoopy01 wrote:Every morning 8am -810am.. already sent complaint by email to them
to the premium email address??

i doubt they care and would respond to that...

some one on this forum complaint somewhere and got a call from UKBA asking for removal of the complaint, that seems worth a try! but dunno how he did it/

Omerbutt
Newly Registered

Post by Omerbutt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:14 pm

see below thts where tht person made complaint

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:17 pm

We are also thinking to upgrade to the premium service as our baby is to be born soon! but having requested for the last week, apart from auto-response for acknowledgement of the request, we have not heard from them about

My husband too applied on feb 1st havent heard anything yet. Let us know if you receive biometric appointment letter

ranjit_78
Newly Registered

Post by ranjit_78 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I applied on Nov 3rd and received biometric letter after a week or so, did biometric on 18th Nov. Till now no response from UK HO. Daily I come home and check letters but nothing. Now sending the mail for premium upgrade since last 3 working days, sent mail at 8 am but nothing. Thinking to visit now to premium centre and pay 500 ..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:54 pm

ranjit_78 wrote:I applied on Nov 3rd and received biometric letter after a week or so, did biometric on 18th Nov. Till now no response from UK HO. Daily I come home and check letters but nothing. Now sending the mail for premium upgrade since last 3 working days, sent mail at 8 am but nothing. Thinking to visit now to premium centre and pay 500 ..
You cannot just go a premium centre and pay 500 to change your application. You can only upgrade if HO approve your request to upgrade.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranjit_78
Newly Registered

Post by ranjit_78 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Thanks Char, you saved me a travel. So no other option than keep waiting ..

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 pm

ranjit_78 wrote:Thanks Char, you saved me a travel. So no other option than keep waiting ..
Do let know if you get premium upgrade

Omerbutt
Newly Registered

Post by Omerbutt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 pm

I have got a reply back guys. I don't know what's going on to be honest. Please see below. Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application. Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route. If you require any further information then please contact the department currently dealing with your application. We are unable to respond to general enquiries or provide an update on the progress of your application.

Kind Regards
Premium Upgrade Team

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Omerbutt wrote:I have got a reply back guys. I don't know what's going on to be honest. Please see below. Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application. Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route. If you require any further information then please contact the department currently dealing with your application. We are unable to respond to general enquiries or provide an update on the progress of your application.

Kind Regards
Premium Upgrade Team
Hi Omer,
when did you apply in post for ILR.

ranjit_78
Newly Registered

Post by ranjit_78 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi Omer/Moon84,
When you applied for postal ILR. I applied on 3rd Nov and still waiting ( 3 months 19 days ). Last 2 days sent mail for premium upgrade but just got only the acknowledge mail, so will try again tomorrow morning. Daily come back home and check letters and nothing, so long wait.

Omerbutt
Newly Registered

Post by Omerbutt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 am

ranjit_78 wrote:Hi Omer/Moon84,
When you applied for postal ILR. I applied on 3rd Nov and still waiting ( 3 months 19 days ). Last 2 days sent mail for premium upgrade but just got only the acknowledge mail, so will try again tomorrow morning. Daily come back home and check letters and nothing, so long wait.

I applied for postal Set (LR) start of September last year.

I applied for premium upgrade on 10.02.2017 but I forgot to attach my payment form I think that's why they had to reject my premium upgrade application so I applied again. Thanks

Omerbutt
Newly Registered

Post by Omerbutt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:05 pm

premium upgrade request rejected again so I think there's something going on in the back ground. Hope for the best.

ranjit_78
Newly Registered

Post by ranjit_78 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Oh so you applied in Sep. I applied in Nov. Gone case for me then. Two months of wait.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 pm

@ranjit78
I varied my Entrepreneur application on 1st of Nov, only get an email every 17th of the month since say application still in process. Although some of my friends have received their decisions in their 5th month.

ranjit_78
Newly Registered

Post by ranjit_78 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. So will wait for 5th month. Some hope then next month. I never got any email till now related to my application. Just the initial acknowledge mail and biometric letter to be shown in post office.