ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spam prevention

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

Spam prevention

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm

I observed a couple of instances of spamming on these forums in the past 24 hours and did some quick research into the matter. I am aware that at least one moderator and other members are way more IT literate than me and that they would be more qualified to look into the matter, so creating a thread for putting out thoughts.

An old post on another forum and a blog post that the moderators and perhaps even the administrators may find relevant.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spam prevention

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 pm

The mods have noticed and raised the issue of the increased number of spam posts in the last couple of weeks which seems to be since the new server was made active. We are removing many of these types of posts daily.

Hopefully admin can look into this or when noajthan is back online he can comment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.