ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to declare PCN, if so where? New Guidelines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jma75
Newly Registered

Do I need to declare PCN, if so where? New Guidelines

Post by jma75 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:42 am

Dear All,
I need some help regarding PCN for a yellow box junction last year. In total I have received two PCN in last 5 years. Do I need to declare both and if so then where,
Guideline for good character is a changed and now it says as follows (there is no mention of last 12 months any-more)

3.6-3.7 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.
Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.
Please note that a driving conviction may not yet be disregarded despite any penalty points being removed from your driving licence.

Please can some one help, I am going to apply in a couple of days.
Regards
JM

sunderland2011
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to declare PCN, if so where? New Guidelines

Post by sunderland2011 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:33 pm

I had 2 PCNs for driving on a Bus Lane (it was the same bus lane), I paid them off and that was it. I was even charged a delayed payment fee for one of them. I didn't declare any, and I got my naturalization approved without any questions asked.

I think it's only FPNs that needs to be declared, a fully-paid off PCN wouldn't need to be declared.

I'm sure the in-house experts can prove me wrong on this.

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi there,
Just wanted to check if someone could give more light in this topic. I am applying for naturalization and wanted to know if I need to declare council parking tickets (PCN) in my application.
I have seem some posts about this here, but they are before the change that is mentioned above.
Please, any light?
thank you!!!

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 pm

You dont need to declare PCN as they are part of civil conviction process - only FPN is required as they are part of criminal process

Wbhanji
Newly Registered

Post by Wbhanji » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Dear All

I am in the process of filing my naturalization application. I have received PCN by TFL for for parking in the loading bay. I have paid the fine in time.

Please advise whether to mention this on the form section 3.4 or not.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Waseem

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Please read the post below you the question has already been answered you do not need to declare PCN as advised