ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment gaps in my residence in the UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Attila7
Newly Registered

Employment gaps in my residence in the UK?

Post by Attila7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Hello all, would you think several employment gaps (1-2 weeks long) would hinder my chances of getting PR residency card when I am applying for it?

For example I was in employment but as I was not happy with my job so I wanted to look for a new job, had a few interviews, then I got a job, quit my old job. Between the time of quitting my old job and the starting at the new place there were 2 weeks when I was not working anymore, just waiting for my new job to begin. So during those 2 weeks technically I was not a qualified person as I was not working nor was I job-seeker as I had already secured a job, so there was no need to keep looking for a job.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Employment gaps in my residence in the UK?

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Attila7 wrote: For example I was in employment but as I was not happy with my job so I wanted to look for a new job, had a few interviews, then I got a job, quit my old job. Between the time of quitting my old job and the starting at the new place there were 2 weeks when I was not working anymore, just waiting for my new job to begin. So during those 2 weeks technically I was not a qualified person as I was not working nor was I job-seeker as I had already secured a job, so there was no need to keep looking for a job.
You are fine.

Invitation to interviews, as long as evidence of "genuine chance of finding it" (like a job offer), count as evidence of job seeking. So if you have a job offer that justifies not needing to seek for work anymore, I think you are more than covered.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.