ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally Got My Extension Approved - Fresh Application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Finally Got My Extension Approved - Fresh Application

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Just wanted to share the good news... My fresh extension application was finally approved few days ago.

My best advice to any one who is applying is to read the guidelines and the application form very carefully. If you follow the guidelines, and provide all documents, almost certain you'll get the extension. Also no need to send unnecessary documents; this will only confuse the caseworker further.

I wish to thank everyone who gave advices and opinions. Special thanks goes to Zimba and Awan.

Good luck to all applicants...

noajthan

Re: Finally Got My Extension Approved - Fresh Application

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Congratulations.

Strange how many people appear to make a point of not reading and/or following the guidance.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

majeedrash
Newly Registered

Post by majeedrash » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Congratulations...
Could you inform how long it took?

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:17 pm

noajthan wrote:Congratulations.

Strange how many people appear to make a point of not reading and/or following the guidance.
Thanks Noajthan.

In my post above, I said "read the guidelines very carefully". Obviously, all applicants will have read the hundreds of pages of guidelines & application forms (main and dependents) before applying, but misunderstandings and mistakes can happen if not read carefully. LOL it seems you haven't read my post above carefully ;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:27 pm

hamalt66 wrote:

Thanks Noajthan.

In my post above, I said "read the guidelines very carefully". Obviously, all applicants will have read the hundreds of pages of guidelines & application forms (main and dependents) before applying, but misunderstandings and mistakes can happen if not read carefully. LOL it seems you haven't read my post above carefully ;)
You have misunderstood noajthan's comment. He is referring to the many who do not read the guidance and was not referring specifically to you :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 pm

majeedrash wrote:Congratulations...
My first application took nearly 8 months. The fresh one took just over 2 months.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:00 pm

hamalt66 wrote:

Thanks Noajthan.

Forget the nicety of 'carefully'.
Its not at all obvious they (all) read guidance despite the proof of English capability also required on this visa route.
Indeed some people appear to be very careful about not reading guidance.

Judging by posts on this forum, (repeated questions about DL, FPS, CAR, settled workers, tax returns/tax amendments, document lists & etc) many people display an almost incomprehensible cavalier attitude to guidance and requirements in general.
Which can and does only lead to a world of pain.
Fortunately, as you evidently applied yourself with due care and diligence, you avoided this.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Congratulations!

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Did you draw a salary? Was there overall profit?
Thank you :)

shan101

Post by shan101 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Congratulations, Would you shed some light briefly on your first refusal? thanks
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:04 pm

shan101 wrote:Congratulations, Would you shed some light briefly on your first refusal? thanks
A simple search of the OPs posts will give you the topic. We don't need this one to become a duplicate of the previous refusal topic.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1435267
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:22 pm

hamalt66 wrote:Just wanted to share the good news... My fresh extension application was finally approved few days ago.

My best advice to any one who is applying is to read the guidelines and the application form very carefully. If you follow the guidelines, and provide all documents, almost certain you'll get the extension. Also no need to send unnecessary documents; this will only confuse the caseworker further.

I wish to thank everyone who gave advices and opinions. Special thanks goes to Zimba and Awan.

Congrats after all this stress and long fight with these idiots you got justice in the end All the best for your future. It was very unfair that they rejected your initial application on FPS without bothering to check if business was genuine or not its really crazy.

Congrats now you can concentrate on your business

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Congratulations and best of luck :D
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:43 am

Congrats

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Congratulations

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Thank you Zimba, Cappicino and Awan

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:53 am

hamalt66 wrote:Just wanted to share the good news... My fresh extension application was finally approved few days ago.

Great news, congratulations mate!!!!

dwchoi1212
Newly Registered

Post by dwchoi1212 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
My first application took nearly 8 months. The fresh one took just over 2 months.
Were you allowed to work(as a director) while you were waiting for the result of the fresh application?
Do you know how they would calculate your time for your 5 year ILR? Assuming you applied your first extension just before the expiry, then do they take out your appx. 10 months' waiting from 5 years?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Were you allowed to work(as a director) while you were waiting for the result of the fresh application?
Do you know how they would calculate your time for your 5 year ILR? Assuming you applied your first extension just before the expiry, then do they take out your appx. 10 months' waiting from 5 years?
If you apply an in-time application, you are covered by section 3C and your visa extends until your hear. Time spent on section 3c is counted towards the 5 year requirement for ILR.
If you apply an out of time application, you are an overstayer are not allowed to work until you hear back, however your time spent as an overstayer will be ignored for ILR if your fresh application is eventually successful.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Congratulations for your visa

you running business from home, or you have commercial property?

please reply

thanks
Nqf level 4 business

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 pm

tarun_shreeji wrote: Congratulations for your visa

you running business from home, or you have commercial property?

please reply

thanks
Can you please stop posting your same question in EVERY topic you find. Continue in your existing topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:13 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
You did not go for AR in the first rejection ?

shine1234
Mood:
India

Post by shine1234 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am

Hi hamalt66,

Congrats !!!
Could you please update timeline for your fresh application ?

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Did they call you for interview again for the 2nd application ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:36 am

congrats...a quick question...when u make a fresh application within the 14 days for AR, and while the new application is being considered, are you covered by section 3c ? or since u did not got for AR (if u had gone, the seciton 3 would have ended when the AR decision is served), are u an overstayer when u made the second application even though it was within 14 days ?