ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2G extension - 3.5 months redundancy within 3 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teeewai
Newly Registered

Tier 2G extension - 3.5 months redundancy within 3 years

Post by teeewai » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi All,

Pleaseeeeee

I'm on a Tier 2 G visa valid till Sept 2017. Early last year I was made redundant by my employer due to the company losing a client - 3.5 months after redundancy, I got a new job (same SOC, increased pay) with the same employer i continued on my visa as they did not report to home office during the redundancy hence I didn't get a curtailment letter.

However, my visa is expiring in sept and I'm looking to renew before the skills charge come into effect. Employer is willing to assign a new COS

- What are my chances of getting the visa extended without issue? I see some topics around where home office is requesting for P60 from some people applying for extension?

- Will my employer not informing home office about the redundancy not affect my application?

- will increase in pay not raise suspicion? pay @ intial application was 29k, current pay is 40k

- What can I inform my employer to look out for when filling the details for the COS.

- If my extension gets rejected, will the remaining months on my visa be cancelled ?

Kindly come to my help @vinny @CR001 @manci and everyone

Thanks

teeewai
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2G extension - 3.5 months redundancy within 3 years

Post by teeewai » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Please help everyone

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am

only option u have is to apply for extension when the time comes. What will happen, is anyone's guess.
What your sponsor did was wrong and they can cancel their licence if they come to know that they have failed to perform the duties of a sponsor.

teeewai
Newly Registered

Post by teeewai » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks iworker, I understand this wrong and might be naive on the part of the employer. However, do you think I stand a chance of successfully renewing when the time comes. I think home office only go into details such as P60 when applying for ILR via Tier 2.

I've spent 7 years in this country - just 3 years left which I could easily be renewing the Tier 2 - just at crossroads.

Do you suggest I switch to another visa rather than renewing the Tier 2?

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Just FYI skills charge is not applicable to you if you already have a Tier 2 visa.