ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Extention

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

After Extention

Post by cappachino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Hello
Do we need to fill section 5 in set O for ILR if applying via Tier 1 entrepreneur route 5 years?
Its confusing as the details asked are rent, salary etc which I dont think applies to tier 1 entrepreneur.
Regards

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: After Extention

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Yes, it says that everyone who is not under the category of bereaved partner has to fill it.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:39 pm

sm12 wrote:Yes, it says that everyone who is not under the category of bereaved partner has to fill it.
So is it a yes or no to question are you employed?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:52 pm

That section should be filled by everybody. You are employed if you are on the payroll.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:26 pm

cappachino wrote:
sm12 wrote:Yes, it says that everyone who is not under the category of bereaved partner has to fill it.
Before filling this form try to pass that stupid life in the uk test its full history of Briton need ti take lot of time out from business to pass it and moreover these people will keep your passport again for a minimum of 6 months so no business travel during that time, It just so stupid the way home office works treats us like prisoners of visa . Entrepreneurs should think twice before investing here. I am meeting my MP this week and also writing to immigration minister asking why passport is required from est business for processing visa why not we are given temporary biometrics cards until they process our visa applications. Why cant we lead normal lives. If we decided to invest in uk why should we be punished for that. Whole system is crazy

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:29 pm

businessmen aces wrote:
cappachino wrote:
Before filling this form try to pass that stupid life in the uk test its full history of Briton need ti take lot of time out from business to pass it and moreover these people will keep your passport again for a minimum of 6 months so no business travel during that time, It just so stupid the way home office works treats us like prisoners of visa . Entrepreneurs should think twice before investing here. I am meeting my MP this week and also writing to immigration minister asking why passport is required from est business for processing visa why not we are given temporary biometrics cards until they process our visa applications. Why cant we lead normal lives. If we decided to invest in uk why should we be punished for that. Whole system is crazy
Life in UK passed with flying colors.
Yes you are right now travel for MINIMUM 6 months

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Flying Colours ? which colours are these was it first attempt if yes can i take tuitions from you every sunday. But i still feel very strongly that these people ( HO ) have no right to ask for our passport for 6 months. Its not fair and does not give the feeling that Briton is open for business. No business is run by making businessmen prisioners of visa. A person who does business here can also have businesses in other parts of the world for which he has to travel frequently. This system is bad very bad needs to be changed

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 am

^^ It would be great if a fast-track procedure could be made available to those applying under the T1 Entrepreneur.

All other categories can go for premium applications, and investors can apply for super premium applications.

Moreover, there is now a way to fast track even postal applications but this option is also not available to T1 Entrepreneur applicants.

Perhaps you could bring this up when you go to meet your MP?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:03 am

Actually if you read this forum we are more hostages of the fake entrepreneurs who are abusing the system so strongly and do the absolute minimum (latest I saw enquiry about hiring 16 yrs olds as the min wage is half!) that they scrutinize all of us and make it hard or fail on something so minor that in the past they would have said "you forgot a signature here please sign and return it..." now just fail you...

I agree the rules of t1-ent are wrong and the non travelling is a joke (to the international entrepreneurs not the fakes that -seem- the frequent this forum, they can run their corner shop just fine without travel)

I completely disagree with you on life in UK test. One it is not difficult at all, if it is in your mind you have more serious issues and not sure how you can run a business (it is hard for a dependant spouse who does not have language skills I agree). Second, it is very logical to have it, if we are to integrate into this country we should know something about it.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:26 pm

businessmen aces wrote:
cappachino wrote:
I agree with you 100%....

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

seasky wrote:Actually if you read this forum we are more hostages of the bad quality entrepreneurs who are abusing the system so strongly and do the absolute minimum (latest I saw enquiry about hiring 16 yrs olds as the min wage is half!) that they scrutinize all of us and make it hard or fail on something so minor that in the past they would have said "you forgot a signature here please sign and return it..." now just fail you...

I agree the rules of t1-ent are wrong and the non travelling is a joke (to the international entrepreneurs not the fakes that -seem- the frequent this forum, they can run their corner shop just fine without travel)

I completely disagree with you on life in UK test. One it is not difficult at all, if it is in your mind you have more serious issues and not sure how you can run a business (it is hard for a dependant spouse who does not have language skills I agree). Second, it is very logical to have it, if we are to integrate into this country we should know something about it.
I know it will not be a problem to pass the test i cleared IELTS on 1st attempt got 8 in all 4 sections when i applied my visa 4 years back only problem is to take time out from business for these things. Moreover now at this stage of life almost 25 years i left collage i am more used to asking questions and giving orders to others than sit like a student give exam and be judged.... :lol: :lol:
But have no choice will have to do it otherwise have to wait 21 years to be over 65 years and be exempt from this test :lol: :lol: :lol:

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm

businessmen aces wrote:
seasky wrote:Actually if you read this forum we are more hostages of the bad quality entrepreneurs who are abusing the system so strongly and do the absolute minimum (latest I saw enquiry about hiring 16 yrs olds as the min wage is half!) that they scrutinize all of us and make it hard or fail on something so minor that in the past they would have said "you forgot a signature here please sign and return it..." now just fail you...

I know it will not be a problem to pass the test i cleared IELTS on 1st attempt got 8 in all 4 sections when i applied my visa 4 years back only problem is to take time out from business for these things. Moreover now at this stage of life almost 25 years i left collage i am more used to asking questions and giving orders to others than sit like a student give exam and be judged.... :lol: :lol:
But have no choice will have to do it otherwise have to wait 21 years to be over 65 years and be exempt from this test :lol: :lol: :lol:
I actually liked the test and helped my husband study for it as well. If we are to be part of society we should understand it (it's also good for business) and it really really is easy (if your english is good):

Here is a question I got: Are you allowed to sing the national anthem if the queen is not present?

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Got it soon i shall post my test results :lol: :lol:

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 pm

please how soon (before the ILR application) can we take the 'life in UK' test?

how long is the test valid for?

thanks

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 pm

babylondoner wrote:please how soon (before the ILR application) can we take the 'life in UK' test?

how long is the test valid for?

thanks
UK can take it any time u want
There is no expiry date

kingraja

Post by kingraja » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 am

Do we need to pass English language test again for ILR because IELTS normally expired after 2 years?
rajathegreat

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:26 pm

No you just need life in the uk test for ILR if in your previous visa you have summited IELTS certificate