ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:36 am

Don't think it will be an issue, my own signature "wanders slightly" ever so often ... If it's really a problem they will contact you and maybe as to re-do biometrics (which would be free I think).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:Don't think it will be an issue, my own signature "wanders slightly" ever so often ... If it's really a problem they will contact you and maybe as to re-do biometrics (which would be free I think).
I had the same problem with my passport interview. My signature was ever so slightly off due to sweaty hands. Not sure if the interviewer will be okay with that but will find out soon if I don't get te text update.

himya
Newly Registered

Post by himya » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:32 pm

I am about to apply for naturalization but i have some concerns.
i was on 5 years visa after i got my PR on 08/2015.the issue is when i was going to apply for 5 years visa as EEA family member my visa was expired over 28 days .
The reason a silly mistake made by me my passport was with DVLA that i got delayed.i send an approve to the home office and they accepted it.
Now i am afraid if i send the NA application it might go refused because i overstayed my visa before.
Your advice it will be very helpful and appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:35 pm

himya wrote:I am about to apply for naturalization but i have some concerns.
i was on 5 years visa after i got my PR on 08/2015.the issue is when i was going to apply for 5 years visa as EEA family member my visa was expired over 28 days .
The reason a silly mistake made by me my passport was with DVLA that i got delayed.i send an approve to the home office and they accepted it.
Now i am afraid if i send the NA application it might go refused because i overstayed my visa before.
For anyone to be able to offer any worthwhile advice, you will need to list dates of events and more information.

Date visa expired and what visa was it?

On what basis did you qualify for EEA/EU residence card?

What date did you send the residence card application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

himya
Newly Registered

Post by himya » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
himya wrote:I am about to apply for naturalization but i have some concerns.
For anyone to be able to offer any worthwhile advice, you will need to list dates of events and more information.

Date visa expired and what visa was it?

On what basis did you qualify for EEA/EU residence card?

What date did you send the residence card application?

student visa expired on 29/06/2009.
applied on 10/07/2009 for 5 years visa (my partner hold a Portuguese nationality)got refused (sent evidence that my passport got stuck with the DVLA (i applied for pr provisional licence)for more then 1 month (that time my visa was still running) and the home office accepted my prove.
got issued a 5 years visa as EEA family member on 07/2010
apply for PR on 05/2015 got approved on 08/2015.

thinking to apply for naturalization but im concerned from my previous overstay which was not deliberately
just a stupid mistake which i regretted it badly(the DVLA people hold my passport and they almost lost it)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 pm

himya wrote: student visa expired on 29/06/2009.
applied on 10/07/2009 for 5 years visa (my partner hold a Portuguese nationality)got refused (sent evidence that my passport got stuck with the DVLA (i applied for pr provisional licence)for more then 1 month (that time my visa was still running) and the home office accepted my prove.

thinking to apply for naturalization but im concerned from my previous overstay which was not deliberately
just a stupid mistake which i regretted it badly(the DVLA people hold my passport and they almost lost it)
What do you mean by 'partner'? Spouse/unmarried partner.......???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

himya
Newly Registered

Post by himya » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:58 pm

CR001 wrote:

spouse we got married 03/2009

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 pm

himya wrote:
CR001 wrote:

spouse we got married 03/2009
Then there is no 'overstay' period as you were the spouse of EU and had automatic rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

himya
Newly Registered

Post by himya » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Then there is no 'overstay' period as you were the spouse of EU and had automatic rights.[/quote]

Thank you CR001 for your reply.i will apply then and we will see,any updates i will post them.

aarv
Newly Registered

Post by aarv » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am

I have recently applied for British citizenship through NCS and I have original passport and BRP with me. Can I apply for VISA for other countries for business visit purpose while this application is in progress? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 am

aarv wrote:I have recently applied for British citizenship through NCS and I have original passport and BRP with me. Can I apply for VISA for other countries for business visit purpose while this application is in progress? Thanks.
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Doncheva-Hall
Newly Registered

Post by Doncheva-Hall » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello
I am EEA citizen and I live in the UK since 2007. I am also married for British citizen. I have obtained Permanent residence card in 2009 then updated it in 2013. However after I got married in 2014 I added my husbands surname as a double barreled with mine and my passport shows my new surname, however my Permanent residence card is still with my old one. Do I have to update it before sending to the Home Office and if I do is it going to be a problem the issue date on it as it will be showing this year date, which makes me wander do I have to wait another 12 months before applying ?

I know if it a difficult one but I will appreciate any advice please.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Doncheva-Hall wrote:Hello
I am EEA citizen and I live in the UK since 2007. I am also married for British citizen. I have obtained Permanent residence card in 2009 then updated it in 2013. However after I got married in 2014 I added my husbands surname as a double barreled with mine and my passport shows my new surname, however my Permanent residence card is still with my old one. Do I have to update it before sending to the Home Office and if I do is it going to be a problem the issue date on it as it will be showing this year date, which makes me wander do I have to wait another 12 months before applying ?

I know if it a difficult one but I will appreciate any advice please.
The issue date of the PR card is just that - the date you gained PR is likely to be different, either you have a date quoted on an HO letter or you can find it out via SAR request (see other threads in this forum).

As for your name, perhaps it's best to include a copy of your Marriage Certificate and a covering letter/note. But I have no personal experience of this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Saif2017
Newly Registered

Post by Saif2017 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi guys . I have applied for naturalisation last week. I am currently working with a company. And also I have a private limited company in my name which is active. But when I applied and fill the an application I forgot to mention I am the direct of the company . I just mentioned I am an employee. So my question is please do I need to send any documents or writing a letter to home office proving my company name ? Or I just ignore it . Please advice .

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

Post by dianaiulia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I am am EEA national and I have applied for naturalisation today through the Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP) Camden. I had received my permanent residence card in Oct 2016 based on a 5 year qualifying period from Sep 2010-Aug 2015. The worker at the JCAP told me that there might be a problem regarding the 12 month permanent residence required as it is not 12 months since the date on the PR card.

I have double checked this on the gov.uk website before applying and I assumed that the date that I gained permanent resident status was after the 5 year qualifying period - which is Sep 2015. Am I right? So it is actually more than 1 year that I have been holding permanet resident status. I decided to go through with the application, but it got me worried that it might be rejected, as in the end it is at the descretion of the HO case worker. Should I be worried?

Many thanks,
Diana

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

Post by dianaiulia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 am

I'm wondering if I should try to ring the Council first thing on Monday and try to stop my application being sent to Home Office...and ask for a SAR to confirm the permanent residence date they have for me on their records before applying again. I don't even know if it's possible to stop it, but I wouldn't want to lose the fee, I am panicking a little. I just assumed that the PR starts from the month following your qualifying period if your PR application was successful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

faisal7412
Newly Registered

Post by faisal7412 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 am

dianaiulia wrote:I'm wondering if I should try to ring the Council first thing on Monday and try to stop my application being sent to Home Office...and ask for a SAR to confirm the permanent residence date they have for me on their records before applying again. I don't even know if it's possible to stop it, but I wouldn't want to lose the fee, I am panicking a little. I just assumed that the PR starts from the month following your qualifying period if your PR application was successful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
NCS staff should have checked with the home office what date you have acquired PR status. This is a common practice as they have direct access to Home office enquiries line.
if you have provided all supporting documents i.e P60, Employment letter, proof of residence and bank statements covering last 6 years period of your treaty right, there shouldn't be any problem with your application. In fact, I myself going to apply through NCS next week and I will try to insist staff there to get the PR acquired date before they start with the process.
pls let me know if you have any update.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi, I had a few questions:

1. I acquired ILR after 4 years 11 months from a tier 2 general visa. Am I right in understanding that I can apply 12 months after the date of ILR? Ie I don't have to wait until 6 years have passed?

2. I've had a single employer for the entire period. Is a letter saying I've been employed for this period sufficient to show I've been making NI contributions or does the letter need to make reference to NI contributions specifically? If I provide payslips, do they need to be certified/signed by the company? (We receive e-payslips)

3. I plan to apply using NCS JCAP. Is it correct that the date of appointment is the date of application?

Thanks for any advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:51 pm

vlad04 wrote:Hi, I had a few questions:

1. I acquired ILR after 4 years 11 months from a tier 2 general visa. Am I right in understanding that I can apply 12 months after the date of ILR? Ie I don't have to wait until 6 years have passed? Correct, you need a full 12 months on ILR to apply. Make sure you were also physically present in the UK on the same date in 2012 which is the start of the qualifying period.

2. I've had a single employer for the entire period. Is a letter saying I've been employed for this period sufficient to show I've been making NI contributions or does the letter need to make reference to NI contributions specifically? If I provide payslips, do they need to be certified/signed by the company? (We receive e-payslips) No. You need P60's.

3. I plan to apply using NCS JCAP. Is it correct that the date of appointment is the date of application? Correct yes, so on that date, exactly 5 years ago, you must have been physically in the UK.

Thanks for any advice
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
vlad04 wrote:Hi, I had a few questions:

1. I acquired ILR after 4 years 11 months from a tier 2 general visa. Am I right in understanding that I can apply 12 months after the date of ILR? Ie I don't have to wait until 6 years have passed? Correct, you need a full 12 months on ILR to apply. Make sure you were also physically present in the UK on the same date in 2012 which is the start of the qualifying period.

2. I've had a single employer for the entire period. Is a letter saying I've been employed for this period sufficient to show I've been making NI contributions or does the letter need to make reference to NI contributions specifically? If I provide payslips, do they need to be certified/signed by the company? (We receive e-payslips) No. You need P60's.

3. I plan to apply using NCS JCAP. Is it correct that the date of appointment is the date of application? Correct yes, so on that date, exactly 5 years ago, you must have been physically in the UK.

Thanks for any advice
Thanks CR001.

On 2, could I ask you why you think P60s are required?

As per page 7 of the following link, the supporting documents for 1.48-1.50 is stated as Payslips, P60s or a letter from my employer. I don't have P60s for all the years (I do have payslips though)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm

vlad04 wrote:Thanks CR001.

On 2, could I ask you why you think P60s are required?

As per page 7 of the following link, the supporting documents for 1.48-1.50 is stated as Payslips, P60s or a letter from my employer. I don't have P60s for all the years (I do have payslips though)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf
Then payslips or letter. P60's are just easier as it is an HMRC tax document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

Post by dianaiulia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:40 pm

faisal7412 wrote:
dianaiulia wrote:I'm wondering if I should try to ring the Council first thing on Monday and try to stop my application being sent to Home Office...and ask for a SAR to confirm the permanent residence date they have for me on their records before applying again. I don't even know if it's possible to stop it, but I wouldn't want to lose the fee, I am panicking a little. I just assumed that the PR starts from the month following your qualifying period if your PR application was successful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
NCS staff should have checked with the home office what date you have acquired PR status. This is a common practice as they have direct access to Home office enquiries line.
if you have provided all supporting documents i.e P60, Employment letter, proof of residence and bank statements covering last 6 years period of your treaty right, there shouldn't be any problem with your application. In fact, I myself going to apply through NCS next week and I will try to insist staff there to get the PR acquired date before they start with the process.
The appointment was on Saturday and they did not mention that they can check the date when I have aquired PR status. I didn't even know they can do that at the appointment, so I didn't even ask the question. I have provided all documentation covering the 6 years, but after arriving from the appointment and reading some posts on forums here describing how applications have been rejected due to a wrong date of aquired PR on UKVI records - even though supporting documents were ok - I have decided not to risk and to withdraw my application. The NCS will return my application and the liuk test by post back to me.

I have written to the Permanent Immigration Office in Liverpool where the PR card was sent from asking them to confirm the date. Once I have that confirmed and it is correct and will apply. It probably is ok, but I could not live with the stress for the next few months. If I would have known sooner, I would have had that date confirmed well before applying.

I would have the date confirmed before applying, just for peace of mind.

faisal7412
Newly Registered

Post by faisal7412 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 am

dianaiulia wrote:
faisal7412 wrote:
The appointment was on Saturday and they did not mention that they can check the date when I have aquired PR status. I didn't even know they can do that at the appointment, so I didn't even ask the question. I have provided all documentation covering the 6 years, but after arriving from the appointment and reading some posts on forums here describing how applications have been rejected due to a wrong date of aquired PR on UKVI records - even though supporting documents were ok - I have decided not to risk and to withdraw my application. The NCS will return my application and the liuk test by post back to me.

I have written to the Permanent Immigration Office in Liverpool where the PR card was sent from asking them to confirm the date. Once I have that confirmed and it is correct and will apply. It probably is ok, but I could not live with the stress for the next few months. If I would have known sooner, I would have had that date confirmed well before applying.

I would have the date confirmed before applying, just for peace of mind.
It's good to play safe but if you haven't made SAR to home office probably you won't get your required information back. good luck!

mnu991979
Newly Registered

Post by mnu991979 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Has anyone experienced a particularly long wait between the email acknowledgment of the application/fee payment and request for biometric ?

It seems based on timelines posted on this forum that the request is always received 2-3 days after home office takes payment and sends the email acknowledgment. However, the home office says that the request for biometrics might be sent anytime within 2 months after the application.

i apply with my wife and daughter for naturalisation on 08/02/2017 through NCS Hammersmith received acknowledgment letter on 15/02/17 and email on 14/02/17, payment taken on 13/02/17 checked with the bank statement. BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVE BIOMETRIC LETTER YET PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT I CAN DO IS THERE ANY NUMBER I CAN CONTACT HOME OFFICE ?? SHOULD I WAIT for MORE TIME OR EMAIL HOME OFFICE. ITS ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW

Thanks!

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi you can contact the Citizenship department at HO on 0300 123 2253