ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids BC or ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

secret.simon

Re: Kids BC or ILR

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 am

Why moderators can't answer every question.

Also, feel free to volunteer time on these forums advising people as a member. There is a small army of members that answer a lot of questions without being moderators. If your question is not answered, it is possible that neither the moderators nor other members have experience in that field.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Here is a good example of the forum at work.

Moderators lay out the bigger picture of what is and is not possible, while members who has been on the same journey can be more detailed. At the end of the day, the brain hive trust of the forums is not the moderators, but the members. The moderators merely guide the conversation that the members are holding.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks Simon, Now I got understanding so i am fine. I did some research with older post and people with same problem. I didn't found anyone applied with Set (O) which can be right but yes other people applied on Form (F).

While looking at form (F) question 3.10 ask that is your sponsor receiving any public fund Yes/No
I am sponsor for my kids and only received child benefit from August 2016 to November 2016 (apporximately 3 and half months) after getting ILR. Now my wife is claiming Child benefit. Should i say yes or no or yes with amount I received. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 pm

You need to answer honestly as it is at the time of application. You are entitled to claim child benefit.

There was a user a few months ago who applied on Set(O) for his kids on their own and was successful but I cannot remember the username to find the link.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks to all for valuable advice. I like to share my experience regarding my kids ILR application from tier 1 general to ILR while both parents already have ILR.

I went to Glasgow premium centre for same day service. I applied on SET(O) form for each child with following documents vide Paragraph 319J (Children of parent settled via PBS).

1. Passports and biometric cards (all family members)
2. School Reports for kids for last 2 years
3. Bank statement
4. Letter from employer confirming pay
5. I have some self employed as well so asked accountant to prepare income statement.

At premium centre caseworker club all applications under one token. After 3 hours got approval letter.

However, with similar situation you can also apply on SET(F) under paragraph 298 children of settled parents.

Thanks