ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bus lane Fixed Penalty notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Superduperman
Newly Registered

Bus lane Fixed Penalty notice

Post by Superduperman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 pm

I have a question on Fixed Penalty notice for being on a bus lane.

My wife was driving the car which is registered on my name at the time the contravention occurred in 2015. When i got the FPN i called the coucil and requested them to issue it on my wifes name. However they refused saying they only issue FPN to the owner of the vehicle.

I am applying for British Citizenship next week. I have declared this in the application under criminal convictions. My dilemma is "should i explain that i was not driving the car and it was on my name just because i am the owner of the vehicle?" under page 22 additional information. Or will it backfire as the caseworker may think i am trying to distance my self from the contravention? Is is better to simply declare the FPN without any explanation?

This is only thing against me...i have no other FPN or any other offense.

What do you guys think. Any advice is very much appreciated.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Bus lane Fixed Penalty notice

Post by bruteforce » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Its only a FPN, just pay it straight away and move on. It will have no effect on your application. Also, this is not a criminal conviction. Regards

blessedtoday

Re: Bus lane Fixed Penalty notice

Post by blessedtoday » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Getting a FPN does not need to be declared.