ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medium of Instruction - Tier 1 General - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E44302

Medium of Instruction - Tier 1 General - ILR

Post by E44302 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was just curious about the documents required for Medium of instruction (MOI). I have done my Bachelors and Masters from Osmania University - India. All my certificates are in English.

As per the rules:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

I obviously need the MOI certificate. My questions are:

1) Should I get the MOI for my Bachelors or Masters? Or is this irrelevant? Or should I get for both of them? As per this old thread, it says not to do it for Masters http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 14466.html. But Masters degree is the basis on which I have proved my English language requirements for my previous Tier 1 general extensions. Both my Masters and Bachelors are 3 year degrees.

2) Should I get the certificate from the College or the University? I studied in a college which was affiliated to the Osmania University.

I never needed this before as previously i used to submit the PBS form which recognized my qualification and was a part of the Home office database. But now since PBS forms are no longer available I will need to submit a MOI certificate.

Thanks in advance!

E44302

Re: Medium of Instruction - Tier 1 General - ILR

Post by E44302 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:32 pm

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

Further update to the above point: Obviously NARIC is only going to confirm the equivalent level of my degree. They will not check for any English language requirements. English language requirement is going to be satisfied by the MOI I get from the University.

So the question is: Should I get the MOI for the certificate (either bachelors or masters) which NARIC is going to evaluate for the equivalent degree level?