ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

denizozger
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by denizozger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:55 pm

ShaDP wrote:
denizozger wrote:Feb 2016 Application submitted by post

After 6 months limit, my legal representatives sent a follow-up letter, no response.

October 2016 I applied for premium service, it was rejected without any given reason.

In November 2016 I had my company call Home Office and enquire on my behalf, they said I needed to go abroad for business, 2 hours later I was invited for an interview, I attended the interview 2 weeks later.

Early January I filed an official complaint.
Early January I asked my local MP enquire on my behalf, which she did.

I received ILR mid January 2017.

After 6 months I strongly suggest to file an official complaint and have your MP enquire.

Good luck
Hi

Could you please give further details on the official complaint procedure, like to whom you made this complaint to. Applied in early Feb 2016 still waiting:(

Thanks
When you search fro "ilr official complaint" on Google, it's the first link...

denizozger
Newly Registered

Post by denizozger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi Raj and denizozger,

Thank you for your well-informed post. I have been waiting for almost year now and still no response. I went to their time wasting interview in November last year and have still heard nothing. I am keen now to take this to my MP and Ombudsman. Do you have a format of the letter sent to the MP?

Strada

I too am still waiting ! :/
Dear X,

As a member of your constituency, I'm contacting you today because I feel I'm currently being treated unfairly by the Home Office regarding my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application. Home Office has been holding my passport for the past 12 months when their service standards are of a maximum of 6 months (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services).

I submitted an ILR application X months ago (Case ID: X) on DATE.

EXPLAIN THE IMPACT ON YOUR PERSONAL LIFE

My actions taken in response of this breach:
1) filed a complaint
2) etc
3)

My kind request from you:
After trying every option I could, being in distress over my IRL application and passport being held I am writing to kindly request if you could enquire about my case on my behalf or provide advice on how I can resolve this issue. Thank you for your consideration on my request.

Yours sincerely,

pusm

Post by pusm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi ,

I also waiting ILR since Feb 2016 . TIER 1 to ILR

How many of them still waiting ??

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 pm

I have been waiting as well since Feb 2016. Really tired and frustrated. I believe we deserve better than these. Have complained to MP, no news yet.

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

For every ilr applicant,
One of my friends emailed homeoffice under freedom of information act to know the following questions answers,

Q1, why majority of ilr set o and ilr set lr postal applications submitted from Feb 2016 are on hold or delayed?

Home office replied back after 10 days that. None of the applications are delayed or on hold. They also stated that they decide 99.6 percent ilr applications within 6 month time frame and complex applications which can't be decided within this time frame will be communicated to the applicant about this delay.

What a complete lie and rubbish answer from them.

Q2, how many total case workers home office have to deal with ilr applications?

Home office answer was, we have a lot of case workers work on different case work. On average, we have 72 trained staff who deal with all types of ilr applications.

What the crap is it,,, thousands of ilr applications and only 72 people working on it, what a shame for home office. They charged us extortionate fee for such a substandard and nasty service. I applied in first week of June 2016 and still hanging in between.

strada

Post by strada » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi,

Been waiting since Feb 2016 too. It's getting clearer that the Feb applicants are being fustrated for reasons best known to the HO.

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Any good news, anyone else????

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:36 pm

No news from me, getting tired of waiting. Applied on June 9th, dunno how long its gonna be. I will write to MP next week.

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 pm

well, yes. its really stressful. But i would somehow wait further as i have waited almost 8.5 months so far. So, will wait little bit more giving home office/ UKVI 1 or 2 month more and see what they do. Then will start deciding my further options. I think they may be requesting and checking applicants' 2015-2016 Tax returns as well. That may be a cause of further delay. But they are playing dirty waiting games with us. I am getting exhausted with every day passes. Good LUCK to all the applicants.

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi
Not yet.still waiting from April 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

If this topic is going to become, yet again, another 'any update guys', 'no nothing yet' posts topic, it will be locked. If members have an update to post, I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR a year back and planning to apply for my spouse & child. They are in PBS dependent visa now.

Can anyone share your experience/timeline with postal application for a similar case.

I dont foresee any complexity with our application. I have come across few ILR visa interview scenarios as well in this thread, can anyone suggest if this happens to any specific application cases
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 pm

AA321 wrote:Hi,

I have got my ILR a year back and planning to apply for my spouse & child. They are in PBS dependent visa now.

Can anyone share your experience/timeline with postal application for a similar case.

I dont foresee any complexity with our application. I have come across few ILR visa interview scenarios as well in this thread, can anyone suggest if this happens to any specific application cases
Thanks
Interviews appear to be mainly for Tier 1 G to ILR applicants, not PBS Dependents. Assuming you go ILR based on PBS and not Long residence :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:06 am

CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Interviews appear to be mainly for Tier 1 G to ILR applicants, not PBS Dependents. Assuming you go ILR based on PBS and not Long residence :?:
Thanks CR001.

I will be going through PBS dependent route for ILR. Would you or anyone able to advise on the experience/timeline with postal application for a similar case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 am

AA321 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks CR001.

I will be going through PBS dependent route for ILR. Would you or anyone able to advise on the experience/timeline with postal application for a similar case.
You stated YOU got ILR a year back. On what basis did you get ILR, PBS route or 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AA321

Post by AA321 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
You stated YOU got ILR a year back. On what basis did you get ILR, PBS route or 10 years long residence?
I was on Tier-2 ICT Visa and got my ILR through 5 year route. My Spouce & child are on Tier-2 PBS dependent. My spouse entered UK first time in Nov'2010 and continuing in the same visa with extensions. My child entered in Oct'2013.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 am

AA321 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
I was on Tier-2 ICT Visa and got my ILR through 5 year route. My Spouce & child are on Tier-2 PBS dependent. My spouse entered UK first time in Nov'2010 and continuing in the same visa with extensions. My child entered in Oct'2013.
A postal app can take a couple of months but it can also take 6 months or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Muhammad83
Newly Registered

Post by Muhammad83 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 am

Tingley, who has been dealing with immigration cases for 20 years, says

the Home Office has deliberately operated a “hostile environment” policy for years in an effort to get non-EU immigration numbers down “because the Home Office doesn’t have the manpower to do what parliament has asked asked it to do”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ter-brexit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am

Muhammad83 wrote:Tingley, who has been dealing with immigration cases for 20 years, says

the Home Office has deliberately operated a “hostile environment” policy for years in an effort to get non-EU immigration numbers down “because the Home Office doesn’t have the manpower to do what parliament has asked asked it to do”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ter-brexit
Please refrain from posting the same post in other topics. You already have a topic about this, link below, so please continue there so that this ILR postal app sub forum does not become a general discussion on this article about EU citizens etc.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/refere ... l#p1457733
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Yas123 wrote:Hi Guys,

An update on Tier 1 Gen Postal Applications.

3 People who made amendments and paid in full got refused and

3 People who made amedments and and paying through D/D got the VISA's!

So people who are waiting for long and have not received any response yet. I would advise them to be patience and will get a reply soon and will be a positive hopefully.. :)
hi bro i Had some amendment tax and i am paying now through D/D but i have not receive anything from HO.

eryilmazfiona
Newly Registered

Post by eryilmazfiona » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Just a update .

Husband applied for ILR ( after 6yr DLR route)

Application sent Sept 1st 2016
Decision given 24th February 2017

Seems they have used nearly the full 6 months to decide quite straight forward applications.

Shall now be going for Naturalisation on the married to British Citizen route . Wish us luck.

Good luck to you all waiting decisions . May your decisions come through soon for you .

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:25 am

Hi
Any update?still under stress

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Post by dk_kk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:22 pm

sent postal application on July 15 ILR -SET(O) (Tier 1 - Director - Limited company )
endless waiting...

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Post by dk_kk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 pm

dk_kk wrote:sent postal application on July 15 ILR -SET(O) (Tier 1 - Director - Limited company )
endless waiting...
my wife visa expires by 14th April, please someone can clarify me.
should I have to apply extension application whilst i'm waiting for my ILR decision?
in that case yes should i have to make application as PBS dependent or ILR dependent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm

dk_kk wrote:
dk_kk wrote:sent postal application on July 15 ILR -SET(O) (Tier 1 - Director - Limited company )
endless waiting...
my wife visa expires by 14th April, please someone can clarify me.
should I have to apply extension application whilst i'm waiting for my ILR decision? Yes, otherwise she will be an overstayer.
in that case yes should i have to make application as PBS dependent or ILR dependent? PBS Dependent if you are applying for ILR based on 5 years residence Tier 1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)