ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by dk_kk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Many thanks CR001

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moa » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Happy85,
I applied in Feb 2016 and I also had amendments and now I have sent my rts for last years and trying to negotiate D/D instalments. Any idea regarding what minimum amount do they agree upon if you can tell me. I am sorry am asking this bcoz you have experienced negotiating this, many thanks.

Regards
Moa

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moa » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Sorry Happy I forgot to quote you in my last post.
Happy85 wrote:
Yas123 wrote:Hi Guys,

An update on Tier 1 Gen Postal Applications.

3 People who made amendments and paid in full got refused and

3 People who made amedments and and paying through D/D got the VISA's!

So people who are waiting for long and have not received any response yet. I would advise them to be patience and will get a reply soon and will be a positive hopefully.. :)
hi bro i Had some amendment tax and i am paying now through D/D but i have not receive anything from HO.

Yas123
Newly Registered

Post by Yas123 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:55 am

Hi,

You need to negotiate with HMRC. they will do budget planner and will let you know how you can pay.

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks for your reply, I am already in negotiation but they put me on hold for a month.
Yas123 wrote:Hi,

You need to negotiate with HMRC. they will do budget planner and will let you know how you can pay.

strada

ILR 10 years for wife - some questions

Post by strada » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:20 pm

jarraj1102 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from my MP's office and they have confirmed with me that they will raise a case with the Home office with regards to the delay on my ILR application and also send me a letter confirming the same. They have promised that i should hear from the Home office within the next couple of weeks.To be honest the MP's office were very concerned and have promised they will do everything possible to expedite my case within the next one month.

I have had amendments and submitted all the supporting documents from the HMRC along with my application.So don't see the point in them holding my application any further. If there were checks to made they should have done this within the 6 months . And also i can see that the Home office is deliberately using delaying tactic even for applicants who have had their interview.All this in-spite of the ridiculous application fee we pay.

I feel if 6 months is not enough to make a decision then 6 years might not be enough , there is no possible excuse when similar applications are being decided on the same day in PEO.

Please find the letter i used to write to my MP and cc'd to the immigration minister , hope this helps others you would like to take their cases further up rather than willing to wait indefinitely . I have also asked my solicitor to mail a letter to HO which he has done and cc me in the letter and also i have personally raised a complaint with the HO stating that i have raised my case both with my MP and the immigration minister and a further delay on deciding on my application or if i receive any further letter to wait (Time given to respond 20 working days) . I will be forced to take this up with the Ombudsman and claim for all the lost earnings and the stress caused to my personal life

To,

Mem ber of Parliment
House of Commons
Westminster, London
SW1A 0AA

Respected Sir,
I am one of your constituent who resides at the given below address. I posted my application for indefinite leave to remain in UK application (Case ref Id:….) to UK Visas and Immigration on 08/08/2016 after the required qualifying period on my current Tier 1 general visa ( Highly skilled work visa).
The time frame agreed by UK Visas and Immigration for such applications is within 6 months as stated on the link from the webiste, their website also states that if they are unable to decide an application within the 6 months’ time frame, the applicant will be informed within 3 months of the application submission date.

I have been waiting for a result on my application for more than 6 months now and my inquiry calls to them have been repeatedly answered with a standard response that my application is still being processed. Meanwhile, because of this unnecessary delay I am unable to look for better jobs, travel to see my aged parents and have to put hold plans to start a family with my partner whose application to continue her residence in UK has been delayed because of my application.

I work as an IT analyst at a leading charity and my partner is a nurse at the NHS. Both of us are currently under immense stress due to this unwanted delay and this uncertainty has started to affect our personal and professional lives. All this is in-spite of having paid £ 4000 for both the applications and having waited for more than 6 months with no communication from them whatsoever. I like other similar applicants feel that the poor service rendered does not justify the astronomical fee charged.

Meanwhile, I managed to find a new job recently and cannot join them unless I produce a valid work permit within the next one month. The job loss will result in further derailing my career ambitions and loss of earnings. I have attached the proof of offer letter along with this mail for your kind reference.

As a person who is lost and does not know where to seek help for my predicament, I sincerely request your timely help. I will be immensely grateful if you can inquire with the UK visas and immigration, the reason for the delay and to kindly request them to expedite my application as soon as possible.

This will allow both me and partner to get on with our much deserved life.

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your's Sincerely

Thanks

Hi jarraj1102,

Just a little update, I have written a complaint letter to the UKVIS and also met with my MP, who has written a letter to the HO. The HO called me today and apologised for the delay. They promised that decision will be made in 10 working days. Am keeping my finger crossed and Praying for a favourable decision.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:17 pm

strada wrote:
jarraj1102 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from my MP's office and they have confirmed with me that they will raise a case with the Home office with regards to the delay on my ILR application and also send me a letter confirming the same. They have promised that i should hear from the Home office within the next couple of weeks.To be honest the MP's office were very concerned and have promised they will do everything possible to expedite my case within the next one month.

I have had amendments and submitted all the supporting documents from the HMRC along with my application.So don't see the point in them holding my application any further. If there were checks to made they should have done this within the 6 months . And also i can see that the Home office is deliberately using delaying tactic even for applicants who have had their interview.All this in-spite of the ridiculous application fee we pay.

I feel if 6 months is not enough to make a decision then 6 years might not be enough , there is no possible excuse when similar applications are being decided on the same day in PEO.

Please find the letter i used to write to my MP and cc'd to the immigration minister , hope this helps others you would like to take their cases further up rather than willing to wait indefinitely . I have also asked my solicitor to mail a letter to HO which he has done and cc me in the letter and also i have personally raised a complaint with the HO stating that i have raised my case both with my MP and the immigration minister and a further delay on deciding on my application or if i receive any further letter to wait (Time given to respond 20 working days) . I will be forced to take this up with the Ombudsman and claim for all the lost earnings and the stress caused to my personal life

To,

Mem ber of Parliment
House of Commons
Westminster, London
SW1A 0AA

Respected Sir,
I am one of your constituent who resides at the given below address. I posted my application for indefinite leave to remain in UK application (Case ref Id:….) to UK Visas and Immigration on 08/08/2016 after the required qualifying period on my current Tier 1 general visa ( Highly skilled work visa).
The time frame agreed by UK Visas and Immigration for such applications is within 6 months as stated on the link from the webiste, their website also states that if they are unable to decide an application within the 6 months’ time frame, the applicant will be informed within 3 months of the application submission date.

I have been waiting for a result on my application for more than 6 months now and my inquiry calls to them have been repeatedly answered with a standard response that my application is still being processed. Meanwhile, because of this unnecessary delay I am unable to look for better jobs, travel to see my aged parents and have to put hold plans to start a family with my partner whose application to continue her residence in UK has been delayed because of my application.

I work as an IT analyst at a leading charity and my partner is a nurse at the NHS. Both of us are currently under immense stress due to this unwanted delay and this uncertainty has started to affect our personal and professional lives. All this is in-spite of having paid £ 4000 for both the applications and having waited for more than 6 months with no communication from them whatsoever. I like other similar applicants feel that the poor service rendered does not justify the astronomical fee charged.

Meanwhile, I managed to find a new job recently and cannot join them unless I produce a valid work permit within the next one month. The job loss will result in further derailing my career ambitions and loss of earnings. I have attached the proof of offer letter along with this mail for your kind reference.

As a person who is lost and does not know where to seek help for my predicament, I sincerely request your timely help. I will be immensely grateful if you can inquire with the UK visas and immigration, the reason for the delay and to kindly request them to expedite my application as soon as possible.

This will allow both me and partner to get on with our much deserved life.

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your's Sincerely

Thanks

Hi jarraj1102,

Just a little update, I have written a complaint letter to the UKVIS and also met with my MP, who has written a letter to the HO. The HO called me today and apologised for the delay. They promised that decision will be made in 10 working days. Am keeping my finger crossed and Praying for a favourable decision.

Hi Strada,

Happy to hear about the positive news. Can you please let me know when did your MP write to HO?. Iam too still waiting to hear from HO.

Thanks

Raj

strada

Post by strada » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi Raj,

That is the 24th Feb. But he never confirmed to me in writing, until I met in in Person at his Immigration surgery and he confirmed sending it. So your MP may have written to them and not get back to you. I will suggest you call him

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm

strada wrote:Hi Raj,

That is the 24th Feb. But he never confirmed to me in writing, until I met in in Person at his Immigration surgery and he confirmed sending it. So your MP may have written to them and not get back to you. I will suggest you call him

Hi Strada,

Thanks for replying . Yes i have heard back from my MP. He has written me a letter stating he has raised the issue with the head of UK visas and immigration and will get back to me as soon as he hears anything back from them.Meanwhile its going to be exactly 20 working days on the 13th of March(Time limit set by HO for replying back on complaints). I sincerely hope to hear from HO by then , if not then i will have to take my case with the Ombudsman.

But i wish it does not get to that point and i hear from them.
Good luck on your application. I am pretty sure you will have a positive news on your ILR application, because your interview is done and there can be no further excuses from HO.

Please update us once you have the good news.

Regards

Raj

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi
I had a letter from HO today I have applied my ilr end of April nearly 11 months now.they said they need to arrange an interview and they will send another letter with time date and place.bit nervous.
Hopefully everything will be OK.

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 am

Shanu111 wrote:Hi
I had a letter from HO today I have applied my ilr end of April nearly 11 months now.they said they need to arrange an interview and they will send another letter with time date and place.bit nervous.

Hi Shanu111,

Yesterday I have also received the same letter as you(they want to interview me), I have also applied end of April 2016.

Thanks

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:33 am

devi2211 wrote:

Hi Shanu111,

Yesterday I have also received the same letter as you(they want to interview me), I have also applied end of April 2016.

Thanks
Hi devI
How did you claim earnings ur application?
Self employed and employees?

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:08 am

Shanu111 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:

Hi Shanu111,

Thanks
Hi devI
How did you claim earnings ur application?
Self employed and employees?
Yes both Self employed and Employee, but not at the same time. I mean I worked as an IT contractor(Dividends) then joined in permanent position(Salary/Payslips).

I had amendments for previous extension, probably the issue is with it I guess.

How about yours?

Thanks

gauravarora7
Newly Registered

Post by gauravarora7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 am

Hi devi2211 and Shanu 111,

Before Interview request letter, did you both also receive a questionnaire to fill out ?

Thanks

Yas123
Newly Registered

Post by Yas123 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:52 am

Hi All,

I applied in begining of April 16 and now received a questionnair letter from HO. I was just wondering will there be an interview after that letter or some people just get called for interview and some get letters?

Kumar295
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar295 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:30 am

Hello All,

I have received a letter from UKVI on 12/Dec/2016 stating,

"Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 14/06/2016
Date of Receipt: 15/06/2016
Payment Taken : 20/06/2016 (Was pending from 17/06/2016 on account)
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 4/Oct/2016 & 5/Nov/2016
Bio-metrics letter: Waiting
Bio-metrics submitted: Waiting
ILR BRP received: Waiting

I had amendments for the year 2010-11 and cleared the outstanding balance.

My question is, did anyone here received interview letter after receiving this letter? If yes, what was the time frame taken to receive the interview letter after this generic "Exceptional complex issues".

Kind regards
Kumar

gauravarora7
Newly Registered

Post by gauravarora7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:50 am

Yas123 wrote:Hi All,

I applied in begining of April 16 and now received a questionnair letter from HO. I was just wondering will there be an interview after that letter or some people just get called for interview and some get letters?

Hi Yas123,

I'm guessing you were self employed or a combination or SE and Employment. I believe it all depends on your tax documents and the evidence you provide with the questionnaire. If the case worker is satisfied with it, they might not call you for an interview.

But again, this is just my opinion based on what I see on the forum.

Good luck!

gauravarora7
Newly Registered

Post by gauravarora7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:50 am

Yas123 wrote:Hi All,

Hi Yas123,

I'm guessing you were self employed or a combination or SE and Employment. I believe it all depends on your tax documents and the evidence you provide with the questionnaire. If the case worker is satisfied with it, they might not call you for an interview.

But again, this is just my opinion based on what I see on the forum.

Good luck!

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 pm

gauravarora7 wrote:Hi devi2211 and Shanu 111,

Before Interview request letter, did you both also receive a questionnaire to fill out ?

Thanks

Hi gauravarora,

No, I haven't received any letter regarding questionnaire, but I have received a letter end of September saying that "We are unable to make decision in 6 months as we are awaiting information from other govt agencies".

Thanks.

gauravarora7
Newly Registered

Post by gauravarora7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi devi2211,

Thanks for your response.

Interesting! Good luck with your interview. Hope everything goes well and you get your ILR sooner.

Regards,

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:41 pm

gauravarora7 wrote:Hi devi2211,

Thanks for your response.

Interesting! Good luck with your interview. Hope everything goes well and you get your ILR sooner.

Regards,
Hi
No I haven't received any letter from them after I applied.had a letter from them asking about my children's application. That's it.no any other letters.bit nervous

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi
I had a email today.that arrange my interview on 23rd of March.

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:56 pm

I had a email today.that arrange my interview on 23rd of March.

Good luck devi2211 and Shanu 111

at least you have received something and they have processed your case. Hopefully it will end up good for you.
Keep us updated with what they asked and stuff.

I have been waiting since June last year, haven't received anything at all !!

regards

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:52 pm

hi
i had interview on 8th Feb 17 and its one month today and no news so for and overall 11 month for application and don't know how much have to wait :(

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi,

Same situation here. Applied in may 2016 got the biometrics with in 3 weeks and after long wait they invited me for an interview. they said they will inform in few weeks as it is final stage. No response till now.
Interview was a joke, I don't understand why caseworker wont involve in interview. Interviewer just ask questions written by case worker and write down, they have no clue about our case.

This is getting ridiculous 9 months still waiting. I don't get it are they really working or playing poker. Why would it take months to take decision on one application and how come they decide on same day when you go for premium service.

It looks like they are doing it purposely, they should really start thinking being in our shoes. keeping passport with them and unable to travel anywhere is really frustrating. And never know when your employer going to say to you, that you are fired because you can't travel for business trips. It would have been fine if they took enough time by giving our passports at least and give us some travel document so we can travel.

I have phoned them so many times and the same comes out from their mouth. One of the worst customer care call centre in the world. I don't know why they even had one, just another waste of tax payers money.
Can understand one or 2 applications getting delayed, but this is ridiculous. Initially thought all EU people are applying for ILR that's why it's getting delayed but I hardly see any applying for ILR through 5 year work permit.

Any one received visa or any updates who went for interview ?