ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lossing Hungarian Residence Card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Lossing Hungarian Residence Card

Post by Hamadaaa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm I'm an Egyptian spouse for a Hungarian wife. I got the residence card in Hungary the 25/5/2016, then we travelled to Uk 7/9/2016 to start working and I didn't return to Hungary since entrance to uk. I have received a letter from the immigration office on my Hungarian address that I must send them a letter and profess that I'm in Hungary. they mentioned also that I can't stay abroad more than 6 month a year.
I don't wanna lose my Hungarian residence as I didnt get even a uk residence. what should I do?

Thank you

noajthan

Re: Lossing Hungarian Residence Card

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Return to Hungary before 6 months are up in March.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hamadaaa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:19 am

they wanna me to stay yearly more than 6 months inside Hungary. if it is just entrance every 6 months, it would be easy

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 am

Hamadaaa wrote:they wanna me to stay yearly more than 6 months inside Hungary. if it is just entrance every 6 months, it would be easy
Yes, that's based on EU law.

Its up to you to decide where you actually reside.

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

I guess he is subject to the national immigration law of Hungary if the wife is from Hungary.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 pm

mgb wrote:I guess he is subject to the national immigration law of Hungary if the wife is from Hungary.
Wife may have invoked SS if Hungary recognise SS.

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hamadaaa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 am

what does it mean invoked ss?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:01 am

Hamadaaa wrote:what does it mean invoked ss?
Surinder Singh route.

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hamadaaa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 am

Actually I got it cuz my wife is Hungarian, but the problem that I am in uk, requesting residence here so if they refused it will be a problem. refused uk and deleted Hungarian, so may they will ask me to return to Egypt to start from the beginning

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Hamadaaa wrote:Actually I got it cuz my wife is Hungarian, but the problem that I am in uk, requesting residence here so if they refused it will be a problem. refused uk and deleted Hungarian, so may they will ask me to return to Egypt to start from the beginning

if your wife is still working in UK than you should get the UK resident card soon, UK will be out of the EU around April 2019, that is still plenty of time for u.

How does Hungary know that u left the country?

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hamadaaa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 am

I hope to know how they knew, even I came by car not plane but any way the letter they sent says that no one can stay more than 6 months yearly out side Hungary except if there is illness or pregnancy, they will accept 12 months continues but once in the five years.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Hamadaaa wrote:I hope to know how they knew, even I came by car not plane but any way the letter they sent says that no one can stay more than 6 months yearly out side Hungary except if there is illness or pregnancy, they will accept 12 months continues but once in the five years.
Hi did you find out how they knew that you were out of hungary?

i am a British citizen (i have a Hungarian wife) and as UK is leaving EU, i was thinking to apply for a Hungarian resident permit but tbh i dont know what i will do in hungary when many Hungarians are leaving their country.
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

veraszonyi
Newly Registered

Post by veraszonyi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Hamadaa,

I am Hungarian, living in the UK and my husband is non-EU citizen. I have looked up the regulation for your residence card on the Hungarian Immigration Office`s website and I am afraid if you are not living in Hungary you have lost your residency there.
I think your best option is to apply for EEA Family Permit, since the UK is still in the EU, under EU regulation if she lives here and works here you have the right to live and work in the UK as long as your live with her. She has to prove that she is exercising her treaty rights, meaning she is working and earning, etc.
At least this is what we did when my husband came to live with me.
Considering the current Brexit situation I suggest you to be quick and very thorough with your application.

Good luck and let us know of the outcome!

Veronika

Hamadaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hamadaaa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:57 am

Hi All,
Actually I couldn't know how they found that I'm out of Hungary, but most told me that they check people random especially who are from towns villages they are few.
Any way im already in uk thought EEA FP, and I have just applied for residence here so it will take around 6 months here.
Any way like that I will lose the Hungarian one, and once I wanna visit Europe, I will apply for 3 months multi entry visa.
Thanks too u All for help