ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements to meet financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Megnolia72
Newly Registered

Bank statements to meet financial requirement

Post by Megnolia72 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm

My appointment to extend my spousal visa - FLR (M) - is in two days' time. My husband makes a salary of £35k and therefore we exceed the required income set, however I am the breadwinner with a salary double that. I went to Lloyds today to have my bank statements stamped or a letter issued and they flat out refused. The reason for this is that I have an international premier account, and apparently no regular branch can even view statements for international accounts! I called the international banking helpline and they said nothing could be done in time for my appointment. I have payslips, my last P60 and a letter from my employer.

Should I be concerned about only having online printed bank statements to prove my salary, given that my husband (who does have 6 months of stamped bank statements) meets the financial requirements anyway? I will still submit them but could my visa be denied for having the wrong documentation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bank statements to meet financial requirement

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Online bank statements that have not been stamped and authenticated by the bank branch will not be accepted or even considered. The guidance notes is very clear on this.

If your husband meets the requirement, suggest use his payslips and bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Megnolia72
Newly Registered

Post by Megnolia72 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Thank you. What I am unclear on is are my authenticated bank statements required for my application to be approved, even if we also submit my husbands authenticated payslips and bank statements? I am planning to submit all of it but am unclear on whether bank statements of the applicant are required in addition to proof of the sponsor's ability to meet the financial requirement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:53 pm

No not required. If your husband meets the requirements then that is all that needs to be submitted. You can submit your payslips if you wish but without the bank statements, likely to be disregarded.

If the sponsor meet the requirement there is no need to provide proof in addition to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Megnolia72
Newly Registered

Post by Megnolia72 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Thank you! That's a relief. I won't waste any more time trying to reason with Lloyds, then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:07 pm

As long as you complete the forum honestly and list that you are employed, I suggest you carry your payslips and stuff with you just in case it is asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:37 pm

I would suggest you look into ways of getting your bank statements within enough time or an alternative account for the purposes of your next application, just to ensure your application prep runs smoothly then.
I learnt from all the running around I did for my husband's initial entry application and requested statements by post 7-8 months prior to when we planned to apply.