ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Durrani

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Durrani » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi youknowhatimeanharry,

Thank your for reply. My time line is as follow -

Application sent: 04/08/2016
delivered: 05/08/2016
Payment taken: 09/08/2016
Biometric Letter received & submmited: 12/09/2016
CoA: 15/10/2016 confirming right of work
Received a call from the case worker on Sunday the 19/02/2017 regarding the email they sent me on the 12/02/2016 to request more documents or take another 5 years family permit, which I never received. I requested the lady if she could send me the email again so I could provide her more evidence but again I did not receive the email. I sent home office a letter by post on the 22/02/2017 to request the same email printed by post. On 27/02/2017 I received all my documents, passports and refusal decision letter.

I would like you to ask if there is any such kind of law which confirms that claiming job seekers allowance actively for more then 91 days in a 5 years time, does it restrict you to apply for an residence permit?

Thanks in advance.
Gook luck everyone.

dexter19
Newly Registered

Post by dexter19 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:36 pm

dexter19 wrote:Dear Obie & Nojanathan,

Hope you guys are well and the people on the forum. :)

My timeline as a NON-EEA PR as follows : Marriage is active 2011 April to till date and forever.

Application Sent : 22/08/2016
Money Taken : 03/09/2016
Bio metrics Received : 12 Sept
COA Received : 22/09/2016
Passport Received : ???
PR Received :???

It's well over 6 months now since i have made an application.

I have called home office on 28/02/2017 regarding the outcome of the application they asked me about my wife and my details . I gave them the information and by the way my wife is a Latvian citizen and DCPR Holder will be applying for BC citizen ship in October 2017.

Please also note am serving a caution for "common Assault" in 2013 was arrested for one night . If anyone could advise me what can i expect from home office to be well prepared for possible assault and yes the lady on the phone was very rude but i was gentle and patient regardless of my situation.

Mr. Obie and Mr. Nojanathan i have been reading your comments for a long time now. Could any of you guys please shed some light on my situation.

Much appreciate your guidance and advise.

Many thanks,
M

Hello lovely people.

Could anyone please shed some light on my situation

Thanks

alex78
Newly Registered

Post by alex78 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello!
I am sharing my experience and the use of a great service provided by xxxxxx: name removed by moderator
Because all absences need to be included (even short holidays) in the application. It is worth to check what information the Home Office has on you.
I used the service of xxxxxx: name and weblink removed by moderator to support me in my application and they have been able to provide me with my list of absences from the UK over the last 5 years in the right format after liaising with the Home Office on my behalf. I did not have to worry about the residence requirement part of the application and it saved me some previous time.
I highly recommend their service. Do not hesitate to contact them if you struggle to reconcile your trips.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:23 pm

alex78 wrote:Hello!
I am sharing my experience and the use of a great service provided by xxxxxx: name removed by moderator
Because all absences need to be included (even short holidays) in the application. It is worth to check what information the Home Office has on you.
I used the service of xxxxxx: name and weblink removed by moderator to support me in my application and they have been able to provide me with my list of absences from the UK over the last 5 years in the right format after liaising with the Home Office on my behalf. I did not have to worry about the residence requirement part of the application and it saved me some previous time.
I highly recommend their service. Do not hesitate to contact them if you struggle to reconcile your trips.
This will be your final warning. Please refrain from posting names and weblinks of third party companies. This is not permitted on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lon_don
Newly Registered

Post by lon_don » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello,
We are a French family and applied for DCPR last year for husband (myself)+wife+son (10yr-old). I and my wife just received our DCPR however our son was refused DCPR ("Refusal to issue a PR card" letter) because I "have supplied no school letters or doctors letters to confirm that [he] has indeed been resident with [his] EEA national sponsor [i.e. myself=his parent] as claimed".
I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me re:
- Appeal or not: I assume it is best to make a new application for my son rather than appeal, as the missing evidence is a pretty irrefutable reason for the refusal (however I have just reread the "EEA(pr): guidance notes" pdf and I cannot find any explicit reference to a requirement to provide school or doctor letters for minor toddlers/children - anyway...). Please let me know if my thingking is correct (no use appealing).
- New application: can my son (re)apply on his own, exercising his own treaty rights ? But since he is a minor and obviously not working, I doubt this could work, as he cannot prove he can sustain his livelihood on his own, as he has no CSI, etc..
- Or new application: with myself as sponsor, but then I'd need to send back my ID card, my DCPR card etc... Oh well.
Many thanks for your help, and sorry if my question is a duplicate (I have searched the long thread but couldn't find any appropriate info).

Nina Radivo
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance student working part time

Post by Nina Radivo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:24 am

Hi everyone!

I'm a Bulgarian national, and have lived in the uk since 2008. I've only just stumbled upon the CHI (Comprehensive Health Insurance) condition in the PR application form, and am slightly confused about it: my years as a student don't count towards my 5 year period unless I can prove I had CHI, but I was also working part time during most of my time as a student, so does that mean I can count those months towards my 5 year period? Basically what if a person is both a student and part-time employed? What does that mean for the CHI requirement?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 am

Below my timeline for PR Application as EEA National, who has been living here since 2007 as Self-Sufficient and Employed:

Application transmitted online: 30/01/2017
Appointment for European Passport Return Service: 31/01/2017
PR received: 09/03/2017, dated 27/02/2017

I am positively surprised with the quick turnaround. All the docs I had provided were returned together with the Residence Card Document and a letter stating the Date I acquired Permanent residency.

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am

Hi all

Please see me timeline below. I know it's been just a week since I submitted the Biometrics but I haven't received the COA. Should I enquire about this? And if so, which email address should I use, or should I call?

I know that some of you may have waited longer for the COA, but did you follow up on it when you didn't get one after submitting biometrics?

I'm concerned because I was wondering when the 6-month wait starts ... the date on the COA or the date the application was sent?

Thanks

EUCitizenPT
Newly Registered

Post by EUCitizenPT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:26 am

Dear noajthan

I have applied for DCPR few weeks ago based on the descendant aged under 21. I have selected this category as I was a student and living with my family in UK since 2011. When I have selected this category I didn't notice there has a box on the below where says ' Note: if you are, or have been, an extended family member of the relevant EEA national, you must have held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card or EEA family permit) throughout the relevant qualifying period.' but I never applied for registration certificate. For supporting documents I have enclosed my passport, father's passport (sponsor), my birth of certificate (international format), 4 years college letters, a cover letter as I couldn't arrange a letter from my school as school does not exist anymore, father's (sponsor) 5 years bank statements(shows child benefit, child tax credit and wages etc), 2 p60, 5 years payslips, 5 years tenancy agreement,some housing benefit letters, some council tax letters, 5 years all school and college ID cards and recent ehic card.

* Do you think my application will be refuse as I never applied for Registration Certificate or hold one?
* Those supporting documents I have sent are they well adequate?
* If the application gets refused do I have to apply for registration certificate first then apply for DCPR?

Thank you

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 pm

EUCitizenPT wrote:Dear noajthan

I have applied for DCPR few weeks ago based on the descendant aged under 21. I have selected this category as I was a student and living with my family in UK since 2011. When I have selected this category I didn't notice there has a box on the below where says ' Note: if you are, or have been, an extended family member of the relevant EEA national, you must have held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card or EEA family permit) throughout the relevant qualifying period.' but I never applied for registration certificate. For supporting documents I have enclosed my passport, father's passport (sponsor), my birth of certificate (international format), 4 years college letters, a cover letter as I couldn't arrange a letter from my school as school does not exist anymore, father's (sponsor) 5 years bank statements(shows child benefit, child tax credit and wages etc), 2 p60, 5 years payslips, 5 years tenancy agreement,some housing benefit letters, some council tax letters, 5 years all school and college ID cards and recent ehic card.

* Do you think my application will be refuse as I never applied for Registration Certificate or hold one?
* Those supporting documents I have sent are they well adequate?
* If the application gets refused do I have to apply for registration certificate first then apply for DCPR?

Thank you
You are not an extended family member but rather a direct descendant i.e. Child of an EEA national (your father/sponsor) and therefore that statement does not apply to you.
Secondly, it seems as though you are an EEA national yourself and a registration certificate is not a requirement for DCPR.
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

captcha
Newly Registered

Post by captcha » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello,

I received DCPRs for me and my wife today. Here's the timeline:

Application received by UKVI: 28/11/2016
Confirmation e-mail: 09/12/2016
Call from caseworker (see below): 06/03/2017
DCPR dated: 14/03/2017
DCPR received: 17/03/2017

I wouldn't say this was a straightforward case. I naturalised as a EU citizen midway through the qualifying period, and me and my wife switched roles as qualified person and family member. Plus my wife is self-employed. On 06/03 I received a call from the case worker, notifying me that my wife would be granted a DCPR, but that I would only be issued a residence certificate. Fortunately I was able to argue my case over the phone and the next day they agreed to issue a DCPR for me as well.

This was my third submission attempt, after the first two were rejected due to credit card payment problems. On both of these I received a confirmation e-mail about 2 weeks after submission, and the whole application was returned about a month after submission. I used a postal order on the third attempt.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi everyone has any none eea applicant from October had their decision yet ? Thanks

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Unowhatimeanharrry wrote:Hi everyone has any none eea applicant from October had their decision yet ? Thanks
Applied: 3rd Oct 2016 - NON EEA PR

I approached my MP for an update, this the reply I got....
------------
I have spoken to the Home Office. They tell me that your application is still under consideration and that the service standards timescales’ ends on 4th April. The Home Office has said they will contact the casework team to see if they can provide me with any further update.
------------
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

forzark1
Newly Registered

Post by forzark1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:01 am

Non - EU Application sent: 11 Nov 2016
HO received: 14 Nov 2016
Payment taken out: 16 Nov 2016
Bio-metrics: 20 Dec
COA: 29 Dec
PR: ?

Nearly 3 months gone and nothing yet. Another 3 (hopefully less) months to go.

What is the average waiting time for non EU applicants?

yolieli
Newly Registered

Post by yolieli » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Hey everyone

I am writing because I am worry, I sent my application form as FM for RC with my husband as QP 3 Weeks ago, and we have not received any letter yet, we dont know if HO received our application, I did not receive biometric letter yet, and we put our join account as method of payment for both and they took only one fee and we dont know why? if we sent our application together as they say in the form. I would like to know if any of you with same case? or what can I do?

thans in advance :oops:

paulinab86
Newly Registered

Post by paulinab86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Hello,
I am in the middle of completing all documents for EEA (PR). I have some questions. I would be greateful if you could answer them based on your own experience or knowledge.

I am Polish and I have first arrived in UK in 2007 for work. In 2008 went back to Poland to finished my studies. I have informed HMRC before leaving that I I had no intention to come back however in 2010 I came back for work and stayed permanently since then.

***Question-5.1 Date you first entered the UK- Should my answer be 2007 or 2010?

***WRS card or certificate- In 2010 I have applied for WRS. I was then working through the agency. The card was issued in Febuary 2011. In March 2011 I have received the permanet contract at work still working in the same place but of course my employer was no longer the Agency but the Company. I did not know that I have to inform the HO about this change. Is that something that could stop me from receiving the Permanet Residence and seen as I have broken the immigration rules? The WRS was no longer needed after 30 April 2011.

***Supporting documents- I do have different documents starting from 2010 mainly proving that I have been working all this time. I do have the letters from HMRC, some payslips, letters from some emloyers.
I have also requested the letters from GPs showing my attendaces and addresses. The only problem that I have is that I do not have any bills from the period of first 3-4 years. The only document I can provide is Bank statement showing all my addresses from last 6 years.
Was any of you in the same situation applying without the bills or with limited docs? HO accordigly to the application guide requires 2 docs from different sources from each year spread evenly.
Would a Cover Letter (I would have explained that I was renting the room and that is why I do not have bills and when I moved with my parter all bills were on his name, also in 2 places the gas/ electric was on the top up or water included in the rent- all bills on the landrold name) along with the documents that I have (Bank statement and letters from GPs) would be enough to prove the part that I was leaving in UK?

***Qualified person- from 2010 till 2017 in total I have not worked for 2 months but never claimed any benefits. I left one work place to look for something else which I can prove by showing emails from agencies when I atteneded the interviews etc. Would that be a problem for HO that I have not worked for this period of time?

Your answers, any suggestions, tips or own experience would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance. Paulina

paulinab86
Newly Registered

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
Unowhatimeanharrry wrote:Hi everyone has any none eea applicant from October had their decision yet ? Thanks

------------
I have spoken to the Home Office. They tell me that your application is still under consideration and that the service standards timescales’ ends on 4th April. The Home Office has said they will contact the casework team to see if they can provide me with any further update.
------------
Hi ikonkar
Thanks for sharing this with us I wish u best of luck and plz let us know what's happening thanks

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Unowhatimeanharrry wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:

------------
------------
Hi ikonkar
Thanks for sharing this with us I wish u best of luck and plz let us know what's happening thanks
I am still waiting... less than 3 weeks to go.

EOIN
Newly Registered

Post by EOIN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Got our documents back yesterday. Letter confirms PR 6 October and says biometric card will be sent within 10 days.
Application sent 20 Sep 016
Received 21 Sept
COA 14 Oct
Letter confirming PR received 21 March (Dated 18 March)
Non-EEA wife of Dual EU/British citizen using McCarthy transitional.
Happy days

EOIN
Newly Registered

Post by EOIN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Got our documents back yesterday. Letter confirms PR 6 October and says biometric card will be sent within 10 days.
Application sent 20 Sep 016
Received 21 Sept
COA 14 Oct
Letter confirming PR received 21 March (Dated 18 March)
Non-EEA wife of Dual EU/British citizen using McCarthy transitional.
Happy days

lqn0621
Newly Registered

Post by lqn0621 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 pm

This forum helped me a lot so I'd like to share my timeline.
EEA husband /Non EEA wife apply for PR at the same time

Documents sent: 28/09/16
Document received: 29/09/16
payment taken: 03/10/16
Confirmation email received 13/10/16
Biometric letter received: 15/10/16 (dated 12/10/16)
Biometric enrolment: 18/10/16
COA received 26/10/16 dated 22/10/16
PR for the EEA National and all documents received 21/03/2017 in the special delivery folder I provided when applying. There is a letter inside saying the NON EEA PR card will be sent separately within 10 working days. The on the same day in the afternoon, I received the Non EEA card. Just under six months and we are very pleased it's finally done.

Good luck everyone.

new.citizen
Newly Registered

Post by new.citizen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 am

new.citizen wrote:
new.citizen wrote:2nd Attempt.

Submitted online application form: 13/2/2017
Submitted documents using European passport return service (EPRS): 13/2/2017
Documents confirmed delivered by DX: 14/2/2017
Confirmation E-mail: 14/2/2017 @ 11:04 am

Document Certifying Permanent Residence received Thursday, 23/3/2017! :D
Date acquired permanent residence status based on information provided: 30/4/2006! :D

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:51 am

Hello.

Anyone with a EEA Citizen PR sent either in Feb or March can provide their timelines?

Thanks.

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I read on your posts the "confirmation" email received from HO. Do you mean the email from HO saying that they have received your application?

Do you normally get anything from HO between this email and the Biometrics later?

Thanks

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Just wanna ask can i apply for a PR CARD if my passport is expiring within 4months?