ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM Success - Dependent Parent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

EUFAM Success - Dependent Parent

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to share some good news and perhaps a reassuring one for those who are on the same situation as me.

Today we received a letter from INIS granting my dependent parent the EUFAM 5 year visa.

Application lodged in June 2016

Thank you all for your support and let's hope more good news for those in waiting

ShpirtShqipe

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: EUFAM Success - Dependent Parent

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:41 am

Wow !! My heartiest congratulations :)

Well done! You worked hard on it and finally got rewarded.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:41 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:Hello All,

Just wanted to share some good news and perhaps a reassuring one for those who are on the same situation as me.

Today we received a letter from INIS granting my dependent parent the EUFAM 5 year visa.

Thank you all for your support and let's hope more good news for those in waiting

ShpirtShqipe
Congratulations ShpirtShqipe!

My mom got hers last September and we decided not to move back to the UK coz of Brexit.

If I may ask, what are your plans?

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 am

ShpirtShqipe
Congratulations & well done!!

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 am

congratulations ShpirtShqipe!

My mom got hers last September and we decided not to move back to the UK coz of Brexit.
Hi raja.brit

I haven't made any plans yet because of Brexit

My plan is to wait for 6 months so hopefully by then we can see the true direction of Brexit and how it will affect the situation. As it is a big decision at the end of the 6months I'll be consulting an immigration lawyer to see what the chances are of returning to the UK.

Yourself on the other hand I'd say it will be worth consulting a lawyer now to see if the window is still open under the SS Route

Thanks

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 am

Congraz :D

chebas

Post by chebas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

congratulations, we're waiting for a response from department as well and we applied/appealed around the same time frame. I'm an Irish citizen so (for some reason) that makes it much harder......

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm an Irish citizen so (for some reason) that makes it much harder......
Thank you for the congratulation :-)

I don't mean to dampen your spirit but because I am a naturalized British citizen, I was left with no choice but to take the drastic action of literary moving my life over to Ireland so that I could exercise the Freedom of Movement Rights within the EU

Unfortunately the EU has decided that you are not able to fully use Freedom of Movement rights if you are a citizen of the country from where you are applying from. That means the case is firstly run through Domestic Law of the land and that's why it is harder

Good luck with your parent(s) application and I hope it is a success

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Thank You all for Congratulating on my success.

It has been a very helpful forum in getting me through this process and I shall endeavor to continue contributing as much as I can in the future

ShpirtShqipe

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi,

Did your employer got any call?

Also, did you submit updated documents at any stage?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:08 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
congratulations ShpirtShqipe!

Hi raja.brit

I haven't made any plans yet because of Brexit

My plan is to wait for 6 months so hopefully by then we can see the true direction of Brexit and how it will affect the situation. As it is a big decision at the end of the 6months I'll be consulting an immigration lawyer to see what the chances are of returning to the UK.

Yourself on the other hand I'd say it will be worth consulting a lawyer now to see if the window is still open under the SS Route

Thanks

Thanks for your response ShpirtShqipe. I hope you got my PM.

All the best!

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi zahmed05,
Did your employer got any call?
I am not sure if INIS called my work as I have not been made aware by my employer to that effect

Also, did you submit updated documents at any stage?
Yes I submitted updated documents in two different occasions whilst the application was being processed

Thanks

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 am

chebas wrote:I'm an Irish citizen so (for some reason) that makes it much harder......
You mean you are a DUAL citizen holding Irish and some other European country's nationality ?because under Irish domestic law it's quite difficult to bring parents and EUFAM doesn't applies to Irish citizens, the exception is if they have practice free movement in a different EU country and then returned back to Ireland.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 am

shpirtshqipe wrote:Thank You all for Congratulating on my success.

It has been a very helpful forum in getting me through this process and I shall endeavor to continue contributing as much as I can in the future

ShpirtShqipe
Hi,
Can you please share "Declaration Letter/letter of
undertaking" which you submitted with your Visa application initially.

Or anyone else in this board please help!!

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi,
Can you please share "Declaration Letter/letter of undertaking" which you submitted with your Visa application initially.
Hi Omiisl,

I assume you are referring to the EU1 application cover letter?

There isn't a box standard letter as it depends on your circumstances and how much explaining you have to do, however here are some tips that may be useful to yourself using a parent as example:

Name and address of sponsor

date

Dear sir/madam,

Please find enclosed Residence Card Application for NAME & SURNAME and explanatory notes.

First Paragraph:
Make it clear you are applying under the Free Movement of Persons

I, name & surname of sponsor hereby apply under the Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States by the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

Second Paragraph:
This is all about you, The Sponsor (not a requirement but painting a background picutre may help)

Here you should state your personal circumstances including, your nationality, if you are married, kids etc
Include what kind of accommodation you are renting/bought i.e. bedrooms
Confirm that you are not on benefits (you can ring social welfare to get a letter to confirm this if you are not on benefits)
Confirm your employment status i.e. full-time, part-time and your annual income.

Third Paragraph:
This is all about your Dependent relative(s):

Confirm your relative(s) relationship to yourself and where they live.
Confirm if the relative(s) are living alone or with siblings, if they have any income i.e. pension, saving etc (obviously the less of this they have the more they fulfill the "dependency" criteria)
Confirm that you are the only one/or main person who provides financial support. STATE they are dependent on you
If your relative(s) is/are already in Ireland, confirm they have Private health insurance (if you have arranged one)

Fourth Paragraph:
Wrap it all up

Here try to further make your case of dependency by including exceptional circumstances (in my instance, lone parent, widowed)

Fifth Paragraph:
Evidence

Here you can list all the evidence you are submitting with the application
Whilst the letter helps guide the application form, I cannot emphasize enough that ANY evidence you state on the letter, MUST backed up by official evidence so that your arguments are valid i.e. if you state they live alone, provide a family certificate that confirms your relative(s) status and so on and so on.
The same goes with you, provide as much evidence on any Statement you make so there's proof beyond doubt that you have/are exercising your EU rights

ShpirtShqipe

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:28 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
Whilst the letter helps guide the application form, I cannot emphasize enough that ANY evidence you state on the letter, MUST backed up by official evidence so that your arguments are valid i.e. if you state they live alone, provide a family certificate that confirms your relative(s) status and so on and so on.
The same goes with you, provide as much evidence on any Statement you make so there's proof beyond doubt that you have/are exercising your EU rights

ShpirtShqipe

Thanks a million :)

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 am

Congratulations for getting the visa. I have sent you a PM for your help regarding some of the questions.

ShpirtShqipe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 am

vkjainuk wrote:Congratulations for getting the visa. I have sent you a PM for your help regarding some of the questions.
Members should post in public for all to benefit and anyone to correct or validate any advice given. ANY abuse of PM function or unsolicited sending of PMs by members and the privilege will be withdrawn permanently. Consider this a final warning in this regard.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Congratulations for getting the visa. I have sent you a PM for your help regarding some of the questions.
Hi vkjainuk,

Thanks for the comment and as aforementioned in relation to your PM by moderators I'll need to respect it, however that does not mean we can't help you out still.

As your case is very similar to mine, I'd suggest you first start looking at my original post as I've provided detailed information of my initial journey. You can then post questions to which we can try and give accurate information.

Regardless of your circumstances though I'd say that you must be prepared to wait for an average of 1year and half for getting the residence card. This can then stretch even longer in case you are not able to return to the UK if the law tightens until your relative gets the Irish citizenship.

Please don't be discouraged and ask open questions in this forum so we can help

ShpiShqipe

taqi_47
Newly Registered

Post by taqi_47 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:08 pm

ShpirtShqipe

Hello ! first of all congrats brother. i need some help from you regarding the same case as we have applied for my mother's residence card and we recently received a letter from the Immigration asking to send them "Evidence of Dependence". Now we are not sure how to shoe her dependence on me as we have been living in the same house for last 1 year.
can you help me with that i mean what kind of proof did you send them to show dependency. (she came to uk on a visitor visa and we moved to ireland last june and applied for her residence card in october 2016) any help would be really appreciated.