ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application and passport return

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Naturalisation application and passport return

Post by madmedman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 am

Hi guys. My wife sent her naturalisation application late January. Today she received her acknowledgment letter along but only her current passport was returned. Her expired passport that contained most of the stamps was kept. They mentioned in the letter that it would be returned in due course.
Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas? We have asked doj and will wait and see what they say.
Cheers

o365

Re: Naturalisation application and passport return

Post by o365 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi
It seems your spouse might have visas or visits on old passport so they have returned the current passport
so it wont stop her to travel and will hold the old one till they further examine for whatever they required mostly we can assume they have to establish if a person didn't leave state for more than 6 months or something along the line.
This could be one of the reason. Hope this helps

Good luck

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi. Thanks for replying.

That makes perfect sense. It just struck me a little odd that in 5 five weeks they only returned her current passport whereas in my case, all four of my passports were returned within two weeks of applying. She doesn't have a complicated travel history either. Just travelled to Ireland and UK. And never heard this done to anyone else.

Well, I guess they are very busy these days.

o365

Post by o365 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 am

Sounds strange to me now you better drop them an email they are quick enough to reply.
As they are busy we can expect anything

Mrnew
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mrnew » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:25 am

Hi madmedman

Its happen to me as well my new passport is been returned but the old one which have more travil history they still got it i was wondering why its happen but looks like iam not alone
Hope nothing serious
Did your wife got it back ? If yes for how long they kept it
Thanks
Regards

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:38 pm

The same thing also happened to me as well. They returned my old passports with the second stage letter 8 months after I applied. In my case, I have a long travel history so I can only guess that they're checking all the stamps in those passports.