ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zing
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by Zing » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:40 pm

I can't believe l took out time and registered with this forum. Any time to post a response is refused and am labelled as scammer whilst am just networking to solve my problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Zing wrote:I can't believe l took out time and registered with this forum. Any time to post a response is refused and am labelled as scammer whilst am just networking to solve my problem.
We are aware that a few members are experiencing problems. It is not you personally but the spam filter. The moderators have no control over this or the server aspect of the forum. Admin have already made adjustments yesterday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:52 pm

OK,l can see a miracle just happened. I have suffered for some time. Have called the office and sent several email but can see my post now.

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi
AnyonEllen attend the interview?if yes please can u upload the quotation they asked?
I'm very nervous bcoz I think they gonna interview me over the Skype call.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Congrats @Strada and @Ray for being able to get your MP to write on your behalf to home office. I have been struggling to get hold of my MP for 7 weeks now. The receptionist that answers his phone said he is extremely busy. ln my constituency the procedure is to book an appointment before you can see him in his Saturday surgeries. When looking called to request for an appointment l was directed to either go to his website and fill a form that entails a summary of what my case is and what looks want the MP to help me with or send an email with the same information. I have done both, one in mid January and another mid Feb.

Till date, l have not received any response. I called the MP office yesterday and the receptionist said l should continue to wait that my MP has just one caseworker assigned to immigration issues and they receive multiple cases everyday though she could see my two posts in their system. l asked her if left can then go to the appointment without any appointment as she is not giving me any. She said it will not be necessary. I have decided to go to the next surgery anyways if l do not get a response from him by then because l believe you can achieve immensely by seeing who you are soliciting support from. Have anyone used another procedure to reach an MP that looks can try out.

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 pm

@Zing I think you can write an email to your MP explaining your situation.

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:32 am

ahmed_110 wrote:
Shanu111 wrote:Hi
I had a email today.that arrange my interview on 23rd of March.

Good luck devi2211 and Shanu 111

at least you have received something and they have processed your case. Hopefully it will end up good for you.
Keep us updated with what they asked and stuff.

I have been waiting since June last year, haven't received anything at all !!

regards

Hi,

I have received the second letter regarding the interview date and my interview will be end of March at London VFS.
Will update the details after the interview.

@Shanu111 search the forum for interview questions posted by the people who has been to interview, it is again the questions will be depending on the case and caseworker.

Thanks

[/color][/quote]

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 am

@Vegeta, thanks for your response. I believe you meant emailing the MP explaining difficulty am experiencing in seeking audience with him. I might do that but was wondering if it wil not end where first two email are.
Yesterday, l received an email requesting me to confirm availability for an interview somewhere in central London at end of month after a year plus waiting.

To be honest,l was thinking l will not be called for an interview because my initial application was a PEO where all explanation that needed to be done was done by me. Though l did an amendment after the initial refusal it was just 2 weeks plus interval and it was the same documents that were submitted.
Has anyone ungone two application, two interviews.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 am

Just updating, l received 2 posts on Saturday from home Office. One dated 6th March apologised for the delays and the difficulties am going through saying it is because they wanted to invite me for interview as part of the processing of my application (never heard of that one before). The other one dated 9th March is paper copy of the email received on Friday.

strada

Post by strada » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Zing wrote:Just updating, l received 2 posts on Saturday from home Office. One dated 6th March apologised for the delays and the difficulties am going through saying it is because they wanted to invite me for interview as part of the processing of my application (never heard of that one before). The other one dated 9th March is paper copy of the email received on Friday.
Hi Zing,

Glad you now have a response from them. The HO behavior has been quite strange and I believe they are purposely delaying us all for reasons best known to them. To be honest with you, for the interview there is no cause for alarm. It's all basic and elementary questions. Just make sure you have a look at the questions posted on this site and also look at your application form and all supporting documents. If you find anything that doesn't add up, they are likely to ask you questions based on that. All the best.

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm

It is now well over 9 months since I lodged my application for ILR. Having not heard anything back from the Home Office in all this time--no notification of delay, no request for interview--I eventually followed the tack adopted by several others on here and lodged a complaint a few weeks ago.

I have now heard back on my complaint. I received an apology for the delay, and was told what appears to be the standard line that my application is exceptionally complex and is still being worked on. I don't really understand why it would have taken so many months for them to work that out, or why I haven't just been called for an interview if there is anything they need clarification on. I mean, some people get a letter to that effect after a month or two. It seems bizarre it would have taken three quarters of a year and a formal complaint before they were willing to convey that. I suppose it must just be a general line of excuse--but then, one wonders why it is taking so long...?

I've seen a few folks posting similar stories lately of waiting for months without an answer, and as I'm always interested in hearing from others, I thought it might be helpful to share where I am at in turn. Has anyone gone through this process over the course of so many months and a delay excuse of 'exceptionally complex issues' and ended up with a positive resolution in the end? (Or a negative one for that matter?) Any sign there is a light at the end of the tunnel would be much appreciated!

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Lantenac06 wrote:It is now well over 9 months since I lodged my application for ILR. Having not heard anything back from the Home Office in all this time--no notification of delay, no request for interview--I eventually followed the tack adopted by several others on here and lodged a complaint a few weeks ago.

I have now heard back on my complaint. I received an apology for the delay, and was told what appears to be the standard line that my application is exceptionally complex and is still being worked on. I don't really understand why it would have taken so many months for them to work that out, or why I haven't just been called for an interview if there is anything they need clarification on. I mean, some people get a letter to that effect after a month or two. It seems bizarre it would have taken three quarters of a year and a formal complaint before they were willing to convey that. I suppose it must just be a general line of excuse--but then, one wonders why it is taking so long...?

I've seen a few folks posting similar stories lately of waiting for months without an answer, and as I'm always interested in hearing from others, I thought it might be helpful to share where I am at in turn. Has anyone gone through this process over the course of so many months and a delay excuse of 'exceptionally complex issues' and ended up with a positive resolution in the end? (Or a negative one for that matter?) Any sign there is a light at the end of the tunnel would be much appreciated!
Hi Lantenac06

It seems like your case is following exactly the same timeline as mine, after waiting almost 9 months with no notification or any notice of delay, I have now written to my MP but I am expecting exactly the same standard reply that my application is complex !

I do not understand that why every case is appearing complex to HO now ! don't think we have any other option other than being stressed and wait !

This country is changing so rapidly, sometime I wonder what the future holds for me and my family !

I wish you all the best !

Regards

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Lantenac06 wrote:It is now well over 9 months since I lodged my application for ILR. Having not heard anything back from the Home Office in all this time--no notification of delay, no request for interview--I eventually followed the tack adopted by several others on here and lodged a complaint a few weeks ago.

Hi Again,

I would also like to know how have you claimed your earnings and were there any amendments in your tax return which makes them declare your application as complex or any other issues in your opinion ?!?

Regards

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi Kamranasif2004,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to hear you are in a similar position, though I'll admit it is reassuring to know there are others going through this. It gives hope to know you aren't alone. Though again, I am sorry you have also been waiting for so long.

I would not have received any word from the Home Office if it weren't for my official complaint. That was the first time I managed to get a proper reply in all the time I since applied. I hope contacting your MP helps, and that you hear something back soon to put your mind at rest. 9 months is too long to endure such stress and uncertainty. I don't really understand why we haven't heard anything in so long--if our applications are truly complex for some reason, you would have thought they would have been able to judge this within the first 3 or 4 months and send a letter or e-mail to notify us.

I did not have any tax amendments. The majority of my earnings were over PAYE. The only potentially complex element is some earnings I declared from my home country. However, I find the situation odd, as if they had any questions about that, you would think they would have requested an interview by now. Do you have any tax amendments or anything you can think of that would make your application potentially complicated?

I wish you all the best as well and sincerely hope you hear some good news soon.
kamranasif2004 wrote:

Hi Lantenac06

It seems like your case is following exactly the same timeline as mine, after waiting almost 9 months with no notification or any notice of delay, I have now written to my MP but I am expecting exactly the same standard reply that my application is complex !

I do not understand that why every case is appearing complex to HO now ! don't think we have any other option other than being stressed and wait !

This country is changing so rapidly, sometime I wonder what the future holds for me and my family !

Regards

dilhyd
Newly Registered

Post by dilhyd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Lantenac06 & Kamranasif2004,

I am in a similar position. I posted my application on 24/Jun/2016 and enrolled my biometrics in Sep2016. Received a letter in December 2016 informing that they were awaiting a response from another government agency. I have had no correspondence whatsoever after that.

9 months is a very long time. My employer has now started asking me every day about an update as its stopping me from travelling overseas. Checking this forum first thing in the morning and last thing at night has become a daily routine for me. It has been really stressful and now I am now realising the effects of it on my daily duties.

I have had amendments for year 2010-2011 and for ILR application I have claimed earnings from self-employment and paye.

I am not sure what's causing the delay but surely it cannot take anyone 9 months to process an application.

Kaysha
Newly Registered

Post by Kaysha » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi all,

I have received a letter from HO asking me about my previous earnings. They sent 3 pages questionnaire asking me about self-employment for all the previous years. There are 15 questions in the questionnaire which I need to send back by 7th April.
As I did amendments in 2010/2011, in the amendments I showed loss in my total income. Even though my total gross income was above my threshold but not the net income. I did this amendment before 31/Jan/2013.
I took advice from one of a local immigration lawyer. He has mentioned that you need do the amendments again for 2010/2011 and remove the loss from your accounts. I will have to pay the tax for this period(2010/2011).
Can someone please assist me if this is the right way to handle this? If not, what should I do?

Thanks,
Kaysha

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:01 am

Lantenac06 wrote:Hi Kamranasif2004,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to hear you are in a similar position, though I'll admit it is reassuring to know there are others going through this. It gives hope to know you aren't alone. Though again, I am sorry you have also been waiting for so long.

I would not have received any word from the Home Office if it weren't for my official complaint. That was the first time I managed to get a proper reply in all the time I since applied. I hope contacting your MP helps, and that you hear something back soon to put your mind at rest. 9 months is too long to endure such stress and uncertainty. I don't really understand why we haven't heard anything in so long--if our applications are truly complex for some reason, you would have thought they would have been able to judge this within the first 3 or 4 months and send a letter or e-mail to notify us.

I did not have any tax amendments. The majority of my earnings were over PAYE. The only potentially complex element is some earnings I declared from my home country. However, I find the situation odd, as if they had any questions about that, you would think they would have requested an interview by now. Do you have any tax amendments or anything you can think of that would make your application potentially complicated?

I wish you all the best as well and sincerely hope you hear some good news soon.
kamranasif2004 wrote:

Hi Lantenac06

Regards
Yes I do agree, it gives you calmness and focus when you see you are not the only one in the boat ! yet at the same time you exactly know what the person is going through and when it comes to family life and future of your kids it does not comes much more precious than that !

I would like to think that there is nothing complicated with my case as I have claimed majority of earnings through PAYE (I work as a Project Engineer) + dividends from the well established VAT registered limited company which I am the sole director of for the last 6 years ! there were never any amendments made on my self assessments return and my accounts have been dealt timely and professionally by the chartered accountancy firm !

Which makes it much more annoying as you are bound to think what on earth is causing this delay ? My immigration rep has written to HO and now I have complained to MP with no answers whatsoever yet !

It is just frustrating !

all the best x

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Just a quick update--after nine months, I have been granted ILR. To anyone who is in a similar position to where I was this morning, still waiting every day with no news from the Home Office for such a long time, keep your head up--even though 9 months had passed, they never asked me for an interview, they never asked for additional information. I simply received my passport back in the post with a note that the residence permit will follow. So just because your application is delayed does not necessarily mean bad news or difficulty is on the way. I can only conclude they must be absolutely swamped at the Home Office, with the normal 6 month service standards gone out the window unless your case is extremely straightforward.

I expect it helped that I lodged a formal complaint via my MP, and would recommend others who have waited for 6+ months do the same. I drafted a (polite) note of complaint, and sent a copy to my MP advising them of my situation and that I was lodging a complaint with the Home Office. My MP then followed up with a complaint in turn, and now, a few weeks later, my ILR has been granted. I can only surmise it spurred them on to action.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting. I pray you have similarly good news soon.

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for my ILR in April 2016 and last week got a call for Interview on 29th March. I have seen few replies from other users which has given me some very useful information on the interview process.

i have few questions so i will appreciate if someone can respond to these please.

1. The interview invite is addressed to me but my i applied for ILR for my wife and son (both dependent) at the same time. So the question is do they have to go with me for the interview?

2. i was originally granted Tier 1 Gen in 2011 under 2 employments, extension in 2013 was on 2 employments and ILR is on 2 employments as well. So the question is, will the interview questions based on the extension periods only or can it be for any period in the past?

3. i was only doing 1 job when i didnt need the extension as we (me and my wife) were able to make the ends meet with single jobs but had to go for second job to satisfy the salary requirements. Can this be classed as a negative point against me as the salary in the non extension periods was less than the threshold?

4. i was registered as self employed (sole trader) for 2011 and 2013 grant but never claimed self emplyment as the basis of the application as i wasnt making any consirable money (made losses mostly) so can they question me on this even though it was never part of my visa applications?

5. are you allowed to record the interview (on phone for example) or make notes of the questions and answers while you are in the interview?

6. Do i need to take any paperwork with me? Can they ask me for further paperwork? if yes, then what should i take with me. I have already submiited p60's and p45 for last 5 years and payslips/bank statement for the qualifying 12 months.

Thanks in advance.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm

I heard many candidates are waiting for their postal application decision. I am also waiting from last 8 months and no letter no news no update from HO. Recently sent a letter using MP and let see what happened. Looks like they have back lock work and not ILR they are delaying mostly all other types of application as well.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am

Hi,

It's been 10 months I have applied and attended interview 3 weeks back and they said as it is final stage they would respond to me in few weeks time but same no response. But what I understand based on the phone call to customer care it seems they din't even update my application with interview answers after 3 weeks. I don't get it are they purposely doing it, there is no way it can take so long when they can decide the an application for a person who went for same day service. How can they decide application in 2 hrs where as postal they are taking all the time in the world. There is no excuse of back logging as what it takes so long. all they need is to confirm with HMRC. one phone call or even postal it takes max of 4 weeks to respond to our queries.

it is frustrating.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am

As per the home office website, they have 100-140 trained staff to work on ILR applications. But they have lots of application waiting for the decision. They also have a different team for Asylum and domestic violence cases etc
I don't know what is right or wrong but looks like many candidates are waiting from long time. Hope for the best and we will get one day for sure.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I really doubt if it is staff shortage. Because as of I know people who applied before Jan2016 most of them got visa, It's only the applications after Jan 2016 thy are delaying. I haven't seen anyone who got visa posted after Feb 2016. It only leads to conclusion that they are delaying in purpose. I know people who applied in Jan 2016 got visa with in 30 days how come all of sudden applications piled up in couple of months. It is all the excuses given by home office. Their words cannot be trusted anymore after saying they would respond in 6months, but actually they are opening the application after 6 months.

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:15 pm

I am waiting for over 10 months now, i asked our MP to contact Home office on my behalf to find out why the case is taking so long, and to fast track it as this is now affecting my family and work life which he did and wrote to HO office on 23 Feb 2017.

Finger cross HO will reply back soon,
does anyone know what is the standard response time of HO to MP requests or complaints?

"mansimranbal", could you please share information about the complaint postal or email address.
A dummy format of polite complaint will help too , no need to mention your details but just the standard reason will do.

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 am

Update on my case
applied ILR:26 jan 2016
letter received on 21 july 2016 that case would take long because of complex issues.
Complaint to MP and Ho on 1 st feb 2017, got response from both that they required further docs.
letter received from HO on 25 feb 2017 in which they sent me a questionnaire to fill out, asked for my 302 forms, tax over view forms, company tax returns and company accounts ( everything should cover since i was register myself as director of company), they gave me 28 days to reply them back.

hopefully all goes well with everyone.
best of luck.