ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport Immigration Problem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marcnath

Re: Airport Immigration Problem

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 am

Congratulations and I am it was a great relief. Bit unfortunate you had to go through the stress.

I have been on T1E for 5 years (ILR process soon) and have frequently traveled in and out of the country. Normally it is a straightforward - what do you do, what does your company do, how many days, etc.

In Jan though, I was coming back from a three week holiday with my spouse and the IO asked an additional question - how many employees do I have. I replied 1, and she started off with a lecture how I was violating the rules and that I should have a minimum of two employees for 18 months, etc. etc. (since I was preparing for ILR application, I was pretty versed with the requirements and did not recall any such requirement). She said she had the right to reject entry on the spot. I did not argue too much back - explained that I had just lost an employee and was in the process of hiring a new one (even though I have already met the requirements of 2 x 12 month)

She finally said she was going to let me through but would write a note about this in the system. I politely said that it was her right to do that but would appreciate if she did not.

While it worked out, it was stressful even if I was confident I was in the right. IOs do have the right to refuse entry and worse, it becomes a blemish in the record. And it was enormously more stressful for my wife who has had nightmares about it for weeks and still occasionally gets stressed thinking about it.

I just have to hope that the IO has not written any damaging comments into my record that would impact the ILR application.

What are my rights to access any such notes that she may have made and to defend those ?

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 am

marcnath wrote:Congratulations and I am it was a great relief. Bit unfortunate you had to go through the stress.

I have been on T1E for 5 years (ILR process soon) and have frequently traveled in and out of the country. Normally it is a straightforward - what do you do, what does your company do, how many days, etc.

In Jan though, I was coming back from a three week holiday with my spouse and the IO asked an additional question - how many employees do I have. I replied 1, and she started off with a lecture how I was violating the rules and that I should have a minimum of two employees for 18 months, etc. etc. (since I was preparing for ILR application, I was pretty versed with the requirements and did not recall any such requirement). She said she had the right to reject entry on the spot. I did not argue too much back - explained that I had just lost an employee and was in the process of hiring a new one (even though I have already met the requirements of 2 x 12 month)

She finally said she was going to let me through but would write a note about this in the system. I politely said that it was her right to do that but would appreciate if she did not.

While it worked out, it was stressful even if I was confident I was in the right. IOs do have the right to refuse entry and worse, it becomes a blemish in the record. And it was enormously more stressful for my wife who has had nightmares about it for weeks and still occasionally gets stressed thinking about it.

I just have to hope that the IO has not written any damaging comments into my record that would impact the ILR application.

What are my rights to access any such notes that she may have made and to defend those ?

Hi
I can never ever forget these two months of my life , full of stress but finally i got good result Thank GOD
and i was travelling back in January as well
if you can click following link and request your immigration history , it will give you all the data they have in their system about you and your dependent
and this report will have the internal communication they do about your case
thats what i did

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

hope it will help
thanks

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am

seasky wrote:
hellostar wrote:Hi Guys
just to inform you
i went for interview and By the Grace of God it was successful
Big Relief....
Thank GOD
and thanks for all your help guys
First big congrats. But for the forums learning (the point of the forum) do you have any idea why you were stopped/hassled in the first place? Was it an IO having a bad day? was there something in the IT system that pre flagged you?
Hi Seasky
thanks
nothing was flagged up and after giving all the documnets passport and BRP he said
the reason my colleague kept your documents because he was not satisfied with your status and your business but i have checked all the documents and i have taken your interveiw i am fully satisfied now and you can go and this will not affect of any further leave you apply..
i think that IO having bad day
1st january
night time
aiport was very quiet
so was just spending his working hour for that day with me
anyways
thank GOD

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 am

zimba88 wrote:Fantastic :) Did you get your BRP back ?
Hi Zimba
yes i got my BRP back
thanks

scholar 1
Newly Registered

Post by scholar 1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Congratulations. Big relief am sure.
Was it a formal interview or you just gave the IO documents requested for?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Many Congratulations and I hope now the toddler will also be happy :D

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Many Congratulations and I hope now the toddler will also be happy :D

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:59 pm

marcnath wrote:Congratulations and I am it was a great relief. Bit unfortunate you had to go through the stress.

You can ask for an SAR and there is a small chance that if this entry was 'coded' (=problematic) you will see a landing card. It took me 8 months to get the SAR and had to then ask for the missing landing cards....

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm

hellostar wrote:
First big congrats. But for the forums learning (the point of the forum) do you have any idea why you were stopped/hassled in the first place? Was it an IO having a bad day? was there something in the IT system that pre flagged you?
Hi Seasky
thanks
nothing was flagged up and after giving all the documnets passport and BRP he said
the reason my colleague kept your documents because he was not satisfied with your status and your business but i have checked all the documents and i have taken your interveiw i am fully satisfied now and you can go and this will not affect of any further leave you apply..
i think that IO having bad day
1st january
night time
aiport was very quiet
so was just spending his working hour for that day with me
anyways
thank GOD[/quote]

I do wonder if "IT system flags up" is a real thing?

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Seasky
i am 100% nothing flagged up
he was having bad day and he must have fought with his wife on that day...

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:39 pm

hellostar wrote:Hi Seasky
Congurates Buddy, really happy for you, everyone was praying for you.
Atif

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 pm

I understand that completely.

My point is that I actually think there is no such thing as 'tagged in the immigration IT system' re T1-ent in regards to our T1-ent obligations (there might be in regards to general immigration issues)

e.g.

I doubt there is a tag 'suspect this person has hired enough people' or 'doubtful this person still has access to £200K'

(all anecdotal of course!)

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Atif786 wrote:
Congurates Buddy, really happy for you, everyone was praying for you.
Thanks Buddy

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:43 pm

hellostar wrote:Hi
I can never ever forget these two months of my life , full of stress but finally i got good result Thank GOD
and i was travelling back in January as well
if you can click following link and request your immigration history , it will give you all the data they have in their system about you and your dependent
and this report will have the internal communication they do about your case
thats what i did

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

hope it will help
thanks
Dear hellostar,

Please tell us about what SAR report contents are,
Thanks

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Agreed, he must have been through the bad mood that he transmitted some to you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Wonderful that it all worked out for hellostar. This topic has now concluded and run its course.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.