ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of Good Consultants

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

msharm4
Newly Registered

List of Good Consultants

Post by msharm4 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:41 pm

This topic has been brought up in different ways and in specific case by case basis; so i thought that we could consolidate some info based on folks' experience...

Please respond with information on any consultant that you found to be great in helping get a job in the UK. Also, please mention some additional info like whether it was from within UK or from outside; which specific domain etc.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: List of Good Consultants

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 pm

msharm4 wrote:This topic has been brought up in different ways and in specific case by case basis; so i thought that we could consolidate some info based on folks' experience...

Please respond with information on any consultant that you found to be great in helping get a job in the UK. Also, please mention some additional info like whether it was from within UK or from outside; which specific domain etc.
There aren't any, they are all charlatan's - use them and abuse them or they will you.

They are paid by the employer, not you, remember that.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

JavaGuy

Post by JavaGuy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:28 am

Contacting a consultant and pushing your CV never works in the UK. Consultants are interested in you only when they have a role in hand which will match your skills.

So the best option is to respond to Job adverts in jobserve.com. If the consultant finds you interesting, they will call you.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Consultants - I disagree with you guys

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Fact No. 1 => Directly contacting employees will not help. Believe me, I'm veteran in it and have done it all. Not a single time any responsible employer has ever replied.

Fact No. 2=> At least in UK the agencies are responsible and well regulated. Most of the jobs are filled via them and most of jobs are known only to them.

Well there are few instances of non-existence of jobs but those are quite hard to identify if you are clever.

Fact No. 3=> My own personal experience has been quite rosy with them, I'm still in touch with them even after 3-4 yrs. And keep on contacting them whenever required.

There are instances of the so called bad-behavior and rudeness but tell me in which Industry it is not there.

I've got a list of consultants who are good (IT - Software Development)
I can pass to you in PM (free of cost ;) )

Cheers

msharm4
Newly Registered

Re: Consultants - I disagree with you guys

Post by msharm4 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Ajay Kumar Singh wrote:Fact No. 1 => Directly contacting employees will not help. Believe me, I'm veteran in it and have done it all. Not a single time any responsible employer has ever replied.

Fact No. 2=> At least in UK the agencies are responsible and well regulated. Most of the jobs are filled via them and most of jobs are known only to them.

Well there are few instances of non-existence of jobs but those are quite hard to identify if you are clever.

Fact No. 3=> My own personal experience has been quite rosy with them, I'm still in touch with them even after 3-4 yrs. And keep on contacting them whenever required.

There are instances of the so called bad-behavior and rudeness but tell me in which Industry it is not there.

I've got a list of consultants who are good (IT - Software Development)
I can pass to you in PM (free of cost ;) )

Cheers
Thanks! I'm keen on getting the info about the consultants! :) Pls do share it

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_kotha » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 pm

HI Ajay,

Could you please send me the list of good consultancies in UK.

santosh.kotha@gmail.com

Thanks,
Santosh

crusador0408
Member of Standing

thx

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:24 pm

I am not in software development but in IT security.will they help?
please pass them to al3ph.one@gmail.com

thx a zilllion!
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:13 am

please pass them to chetanamale@gmail.com too.

thanks,
chetan.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Humm!!!
Hang on guys I'll post them on Internet for the interest of public and provide link, but later now I gotta busy in brushing up my Hinglish to give IELTS

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:05 am

best of luck Ajay for your IELTS !

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:11 am

ajay ,

Any updates on this list ? it will be really helpful for all of us for job search...

chetan.

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:05 pm

can you please also pass the list to deepak.adlakha@gmail.com

Hummer

Hi Ajay

Post by Hummer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Ajay,

COuld you plese send the consultancy info to my mail id (badsha1979@yahoo.com) or as a PM. thank you in advance.

Reagrds

msharm4
Newly Registered

Some bad ones too..

Post by msharm4 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I guess we can add the consultants to avoid as well... Here's one: selectures.co.uk (www.selectureglobal.com) must be avoided.

I have been looking out for some time and rejects are an expected part of the process; and yes I've got many. Here's a reject I got from them:

"You dont meet any of our clients requirements. We have rejected your CV".

So much for professionalism :p

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:17 am

Hi ajay,

You must be busy in your IELTS, can you please upload the list and share

the link ? many of us are waiting for that ..

thanks,
Chetan.

moodymani
Newly Registered

Post by moodymani » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Guys,

Don't run after consultants, run after jobs instead...
Apply for all the good jobs posted on cwjobs, jobserve etc
Your CV will automatically reach to all the good consultants. Keep on doing this for a month and then hopefully you will start receiving calls from these "good" consultants for various jobs matching your skills.

Cheers,
Moody

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 pm

I have one question. U asked of applying for jobs via cwsjobs, jobserve ext.I am doing this from bangalore before coming to UK. what is normally see is this "After reviewing your CV we feel we have identified candidates who meet the requirements more closely."
I was wondering whether this is way aagain i will apply once i reach in UK also. or we need to talk to consultants personally and take our application forward.

happy

Ajay Kumar Singh

busy bee

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi all,
Yes I've been quite busy. 1 more week to go for IELTS.

Kindly don't post your e-mails here. You will get spammed and spent rest of life in doing SHIFT+DEL in outlook ;)

Drop me PM I'll send you my master list.

And once it is live you will know it :) I'm SEO guru.

Regarding jobs...

Below are the Jobsites where you can use
Jobserve
Jobsite
Monster

Don't even dare to touch others as they are rubbish, useless, and copy of one another. And you will NEVER get even a single reply.

Few other facts

Same jobs will advertise on N job portals by M agents and some times same agency will use more than one agent to advertise the same job over and over and over .... and on daily basis.

And in desperation they will also advertise the same job in different formats on same day.

So when you apply keep notes of each and every job application with all details and avoid duplication.

There are very few (< 1% ) of jobs advertised directly by Employer.

So be friends to Agents, if you come across any unscrupulous agents/agency then simply avoid them.

Keep reading my posts I keep on providing a lot if suggestions from time to time.

And repeating again, if you are not in UK then better don't apply. Come here and then start search.