ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adopting my half sister from Africa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gusta0106
Newly Registered

Adopting my half sister from Africa

Post by Gusta0106 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 am

Dear memers,
The reason I brought it up here is because it is immigration related. As my sister is subject to border control.
Please I need help on how to go about adopting my half sister from Africa. We share the same dad but different mums. Our Dad passed away 8 years ago. My step mum has since taken care of her. Although things have been really rough for them since dad died, my step mum is now no where to be found. My half sister is curently living with extended family who find her a burden. She is 15. 16 in July. I am currently a British citizen with 2 kids of my own. Am i able to adopt her and bring her here to live with us?

If so what do I need to do, and how soon can she join us?
It breaks my heart to know that she might not be wanted over there when I would love to look after her and make our dad smile from above.

I look forward to your reply/ies.

Kind regards
Jazz

vinny

Re: Adopting my half sister from Africa

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 am

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 pm