ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview Letter After postal Application ILR SET O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kumar295
Newly Registered

Re: Interview Letter After postal Application ILR SET O

Post by Kumar295 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello All,

I have received a letter from UKVI on 12/Dec/2016 stating,

"Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 14/06/2016
Date of Receipt: 15/06/2016
Payment Taken : 20/06/2016 (Was pending from 17/06/2016 on account)
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 4/Oct/2016 & 5/Nov/2016
Bio-metrics letter: Waiting
Bio-metrics submitted: Waiting
ILR BRP received: Waiting

I had amendments for the year 2010-11 and cleared the outstanding balance.

My question is, did anyone here received interview letter after receiving this letter? If yes, what was the time frame taken to receive the interview letter after this generic "Exceptional complex issues".

Kind regards
Kumar

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Kumar295 wrote:Hello All,

I have received a letter from UKVI on 12/Dec/2016 stating,

"Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 14/06/2016
Date of Receipt: 15/06/2016
Payment Taken : 20/06/2016 (Was pending from 17/06/2016 on account)
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 4/Oct/2016 & 5/Nov/2016
Bio-metrics letter: Waiting
Bio-metrics submitted: Waiting
ILR BRP received: Waiting

I had amendments for the year 2010-11 and cleared the outstanding balance.

My question is, did anyone here received interview letter after receiving this letter? If yes, what was the time frame taken to receive the interview letter after this generic "Exceptional complex issues".

Kind regards
Kumar
Hi Kumar,

This is a standard letter HO sends out to applicants with previous tax amendments.

Do you mean to say that you still have not received any request from HO to give your biometrics in a postoffice?

if yes have you tried contacting them because this would imply HO may not have track of your application.

Regards

Raj

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 am

Mahadev123 wrote:Hello All,

Firstly, Thank You "Adviseplease" for sharing your interview experience it helped to an extent.Had my interview yesterday at VFS. It was a video interview it was exactly 1 hour. The lady who took my interview was not a case worker. Case worker prepared some questions and she was asking those questions.

The Questions I remembered are as follows :

1) Are you currenty employed ?
2) what days you work ?
3) how many hours you work ?
3) what time you work ?
4) During the earning period you claimed for you have shown 2 employments one so how did you managed what days you worked at your other job and what time you worked ?
5) R you self employed ?
6) Your client doesnt have a website how does he attract customers ?
7)We have checked company house site and your client company status its dissolved are you aware about it?
8)You client turnover was very less in returns he filed how can he pay you £3000 in 2 months.
9)Do you have contract with the client( please send the copy of it)
10)do you work from home or at client place ?
11) if you are working from home and you dont need to travel to meet your client then why did you shown travelling expenses in your tax returns 2016 ?
12)Who are your client customers ?
13)How do you attract customers ?
14) How did you got this client ?
15)Do you have your website ?
16) What type of insurance is needed for your business ? Do you have it ?
17)How much does that cover ?
18)During so and so month you have done 2 jobs and self employment how did you managed ? It doesnt matc h up?
19) What time and days you done self employment ?
20)You have done large cash withdraws from your business account why ?
21)You have transferred your overdraft money to one of your account under your name ( Please send the bank statements of that account )
22)You got advance pay from your employer for so and so month when you are earning this much why you need advance payment ( Needs a letter from employer explaning this )
23) hmrc Records shows your income is less when you are not applying for visa ?
24) they havent asked me any question about tax amended I had a small amendment for the year ending 2011 ?
Finally do you want to add anything else ?

So, Now I have to send those 3 documents ( bank statements. Client contract letter, Employer letter about advance pay)

The lady who took interview said this is the last stage of the application and they will make a decision soon.

As you all can see they are clearly suspicious about my SE earnings. Ijust need to send them the document will do it the earliest possible I ll leave the rest to the god.

I tried my best in the interview. My simple suggestion to other members who are due for an interview make sure you go through your application and earnings information all the best.

Regards
Mahadev

Hi Mahadev,
Thanks for sharing this, did you got anything after interview? When was your interview?
I been to interview on 15/03/2017, I been grilled properly for SE earning and tax amendments. Got bad feeling.. sleepless nights..

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Firstly, Thank You "Adviseplease" for sharing your interview experience it helped to an extent.Had my interview yesterday at VFS. It was a video interview it was exactly 1 hour. The lady who took my interview was not a case worker. Case worker prepared some questions and she was asking those questions.

2) what days you work ?
3) what time you work ?
4) During the earning period you claimed for you have shown 2 employments one so how did you managed what days you worked at your other job and what time you worked ?
5) R you self employed ?
7)We have checked company house site and your client company status its dissolved are you aware about it?
8)You client turnover was very less in returns he filed how can he pay you £3000 in 2 months.
11) if you are working from home and you dont need to travel to meet your client then why did you shown travelling expenses in your tax returns 2016 ?
18)During so and so month you have done 2 jobs and self employment how did you managed ? It doesnt matc h up?
21)You have transferred your overdraft money to one of your account under your name ( Please send the bank statements of that account )
22)You got advance pay from your employer for so and so month when you are earning this much why you need advance payment ( Needs a letter from employer explaning this )
24) they havent asked me any question about tax amended I had a small amendment for the year ending 2011 ?

So, Now I have to send those 3 documents ( bank statements. Client contract letter, Employer letter about advance pay)

The lady who took interview said this is the last stage of the application and they will make a decision soon.

As you all can see they are clearly suspicious about my SE earnings. Ijust need to send them the document will do it the earliest possible I ll leave the rest to the god.

I tried my best in the interview. My simple suggestion to other members who are due for an interview make sure you go through your application and earnings information all the best.

Regards
Mahadev
Mahadev123 wrote:Hello Mpath,

I suggest you to focus on your earnings you have shown for your ILR prepare well, As you know better about your applicaion. All the best.

@advise please any update about your applicaion ?

Regards
Mahadev
Hi
First thank you very much for sharing your interview experience
I got an interview next week.when they ask 'hmrc Records shows your income is less when you are not applying for visa ?'
What did you say?
Thanks

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi Members,

Did anyone got reply after interview?

Thanks

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Dear Members,

Anyone got reply after interview,please share i am waiting ?

Thanks

nhraviraj
Newly Registered

Post by nhraviraj » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

I had my interview on 16th of March. It lasted about 40 minutes.

Interviewer asked about my current job (Been on salaried employment only since 2012/2013). Then she went back to Year 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013.
Questions were very similar to everyone else had in their interview.

I had no issues with my tax returns with regards to 2010/2011.

I had the issue of not declaring the tax for 2012/2013 and had to clarify the reason for that.
Long story short - I did the accounting and certified the accounts to apply for the visa using an accountant in North East London. I live in South West London. My accountant was expensive and commute to see him was an issue. When I shared my concerns with him, he told me that since my business is sole trader anyone can do the tax return and there is no need to have certified accounts. Therefore I used the lodger in the house who was doing bookkeeping to help me. Since I paid some tax during the year as well and didn't continue the business for very long (didn't make enough profit during the FY), I didn't have to pay any tax.

For this response, her question was;

1. Didn't you know that you made a profit and you have to pay tax?
Answer - I knew I made a profit when I applied for the VISA but later on I was told that there's no tax due to (above)

2. Did you review and sign any returns?
Answer - It was done online and I didn't review or sign (personally)

3. When did you know that you haven't paid taxes?
Answer - I only got to know when my initial same day application was rejected with the reason. I straightaway took advice from accountant and solicitor and amended the tax return and sent a fresh application by post before my current visa expired. There's a penalty calculator on the HMRC site and I voluntarily paid the estimated penalty and interest. Then as soon as I received the final bill from HMRC, I paid any balance as well. These documents have been already sent to the caseworker.

4. In year 2011/2012, did you do any self employment?
Answer - Yes

5. How much was your income?
Answer - I don't know exactly but I paid £2,600 in tax. Therefore the profit could be £5,200.00.

6. You've only declared 4,500.00?
Answer - In that case I've paid more tax than what I should've paid. Maybe I should revisit the tax return through an accountant and check further.

That was it. The interview ended there.

I asked whether I could have the interview transcript? She said I should be able to request it online.
Looks like I can't request it online. Trying to figure out how I can request it.

Don't know how long it's going to take for them to respond. All I can do is, keep my fingers crossed :-(

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi nhraviraj,

I had my interview last week and I have requested interview transcript online by sending email to TMInterviewhub@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (same e mail we have sent that interview confirmation) and I have received in 2 working days.

Just sent an email with your details like case ref no and when did you attended the interview etc.

Thanks

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

2) what days you work ?
3) what time you work ?
5) R you self employed ?

Regards
Mahadev
Hi Maha, did they gave you the address on the same day to send the required documents or you received the latter later on with address confirmation?

Thanks
Vesh

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 am

Hello Vesh,

They Gave address on the interview day to send the additional documents and gave 2 weeks time to send it.

My Time line :

Application posted - 27th april 2016
Bio metrics done - 5th June 2016
First letter received - 28/09/2016
Second letter confirming date of the interview - 8th feb 2017
Interview date - 14th feb 2017
Additional documents sent on 26th feb 2017
Outcome - Still waiting nothing heard after the interview..

Please update if anyone got a response after interview.

@adviseplease have you heard anything back ??

Thanks
Mahadev.

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello Mahadev
No i am still watinng no response, my interview was on 4th of January 2017.

Many Thanks
Regards

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Hello Adviseplease,

Its been more than 3 months since you had interview. Dont know whats happening I have seen on this forum where few people had a response back in less than a month after they had interview. Unfortunately, Their applications has been rejected. Dont know how long its going to take fo us..

Regards
Mahadev

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello Mahadev and adviseplease , have you guys got any response yet. I just cant understand why they take that long after interview, the lady who took my interview she said that after interview most of the cases get decided within 4 weeks. Hope u guys get positive answer.

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 am

sanshah wrote:Hello Mahadev and adviseplease , have you guys got any response yet. I just cant understand why they take that long after interview, the lady who took my interview she said that after interview most of the cases get decided within 4 weeks. Hope u guys get positive answer.
Hello Sanshah,

I m still waiting for the outcome of my interview didnt had any correspondence yet. I know its taking too long for them to decide even after the interview. I was told the same thing by the interviewer that this is the last stage of the application and they will make a decision soon. When did you had your interview ?? Can you post your time line since you made the application if thats ok ?

Thanks
Mahadev

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Hello Mahadev!

My time line is
Application date : 26 Jan 2016
Bio done : 8 Feb 2016
Complex issues Letter received: 21 Jul 2016
Involve local Mp and filed complain to HO : 1st feb 2017
Questionnaire received asking for additional docs: 22 feb 2017
Interview invitaion : 5th April
Interview done : 26 April

vut88

Post by vut88 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 am

Hi guys do you know anyone winning after refusal on Tier 1 SET(O) application with the Tax issues, amendment etc.

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 am

Hello All
I haven't Received any update in regards to my application, had interview in January.
Still awaiting.......
Please update if any of forum member received ILR after interview or any feedback.

Regards

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm

adviseplease wrote:Hello All
I haven't Received any update in regards to my application, had interview in January.
Still awaiting.......
Please update if any of forum member received ILR after interview or any feedback.

Regards

Hi Adviseplease,

I m waiting as well nothing heard so far, I had my interview in the mid of feb. I think its been 4 months since you had your interview. I haven't heard anyone yet getting ILR after the interview.

Regards
Mahadev

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello All,

Is anyone heard anything back after the interview ?. I had my interview on 15th february 2017. I m still waiting for an outcome.

@Adviseplease did you heard anything back ?

Regards
Mahadev

vut88

Post by vut88 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm

I know someone had interview in Sept 2016 and still waiting..

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 pm

I just can't understand that what taking that long for UKVI to sort out the cases ,standard processing time given is 6 months in some cases they have taken 16 months and still decision are pending, when they say they are doing some extra checks what they suppose to mean these checks will take a decade to sort out. During interviews they say that this is the last stage of your apllication process and u will get your decision very soon wheras i have read on this forum that some people are waiting for more than 5..6 months after the interview. My question is it possible to take any legal action against UKVI, coz its quite apparent that they are taking a piss in some cases. If any of the forum member have spoken to solicitor or barrister about sueing UKVI.

ITEXPERT

Post by ITEXPERT » Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm

vut88 wrote:Hi guys do you know anyone winning after refusal on Tier 1 SET(O) application with the Tax issues, amendment etc.
I remember there was a thread in this forum which is regarding ILR success after amendment. Good luck

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:45 pm

[quote="sanshah"]

@sanshah.. I know its frustrating to wait this long. I think We just need to wait dont know if any legal action can be taken as there are many people waiting to get a decision.

I hope we all succeed..

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:47 pm

vut88 wrote:I know someone had interview in Sept 2016 and still waiting..
Thanks vut88.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 am

vut88 wrote:I know someone had interview in Sept 2016 and still waiting..

@vut88

I am unable to read my pm. Please msg here

Thanks