ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization app in-progress- Need help with Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mahesh7337

naturalization app in-progress- Need help with Passport

Post by mahesh7337 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 am

Hi all,

I need your opinion on how to change my Surname & First name in the Passport.

I am currently on ILR and had applied for naturalization on 1st march 2017, application in-progress.

I was planning to change my Surname and First name as it was entered incorrectly by the Chennai passport office back in 2005.

My current Indian passport shows as below:
My father name printed as my Surname &
My actual Surname & First name both printed as my First name.

I was thinking of changing it after getting the UK passport. What do you guys think?
Can you please share your experience and also if possible the procedure that you guys followed.

thanks

blessedtoday

Re: naturalization app in-progress- Need help with Passport

Post by blessedtoday » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm

mahesh7337 wrote:Hi all,

I need your opinion on how to change my Surname & First name in the Passport.

I am currently on ILR and had applied for naturalization on 1st march 2017, application in-progress.

I was planning to change my Surname and First name as it was entered incorrectly by the Chennai passport office back in 2005.

My current Indian passport shows as below:
My father name printed as my Surname &
My actual Surname & First name both printed as my First name.

I was thinking of changing it after getting the UK passport. What do you guys think?
Can you please share your experience and also if possible the procedure that you guys followed.

thanks
Please see link below

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-in ... w-it-works

mahesh7337

Post by mahesh7337 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Any inputs from moderators.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Suggest wait until you have completed the citizenship process and got your British passport, then do a deed poll to change your name.

You could still be waiting for many months for your BC approval so not sure why there is an urgency at this moment re changing your name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahesh7337

Post by mahesh7337 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 am

CR001 wrote:Suggest wait until you have completed the citizenship process and got your British passport, then do a deed poll to change your name.

You could still be waiting for many months for your BC approval so not sure why there is an urgency at this moment re changing your name.

Thanks for your advise.
I have finally got my British passport. Can you please tell whether i need to change the name on the passport using self deed poll or enrolled deed poll? Please advise.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-pol ... -deed-poll
https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll