ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 am

Hi Members please correct me if I am doing anything wrong here.
Applied ILR SET(O) in May 2016, receive letter in November about complex issue, had interview 15 Feb 2017.
In interview I been ask lots of questions about tax amendments (I have tax amendments and paying by direct debit).
Does anyone has idea how long it will take after interview?

I am thinning to vary from SET (O) to FLR (LR), because of reason that in case of adverse outcome my right to work stay as it is. Am I right?

Any idea how long it takes to vary application? Can home office reject variation?

Thanks in advance

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:58 am

Please advice in above.

Thanks

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,
The outcome after interview can take from weeks to months, it depends on case worker, you may have to chase them for the outcome as sometime they just do not reply after interview.

Regarding switching your application to FLR, i believe you mean on the basis of 10 years completion.
This is a safe route you can take, i had friend who initially applied on SET(O) 5 years, then he changed it to ILR on the basis for 10 year.

If you do not have proper ground for FLR then leave it as it is, if you are sure you have better ground on FLR then apply FLR but do not withdraw your existing case. Once your FLR is accepted then you can withdraw your SET(o) application.

Can you please share all the question they asked you in interview? This will help other to prepare incase they get call for interview.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi,

There were all question about tax amendments. Why did you not file correct amount at that time.
What business you was doing?
Some question regarding transaction, customer, what work you done, when did you meet client, and all this.

In short he ask me everything about my previous business and current business, I don't have much hope mate. Looks like he already has prepared decision, though I didn't have any formal rejection yet.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:03 pm

mickey007 wrote:Hi,
The outcome after interview can take from weeks to months, it depends on case worker, you may have to chase them for the outcome as sometime they just do not reply after interview.

Regarding switching your application to FLR, i believe you mean on the basis of 10 years completion.
This is a safe route you can take, i had friend who initially applied on SET(O) 5 years, then he changed it to ILR on the basis for 10 year.

If you do not have proper ground for FLR then leave it as it is, if you are sure you have better ground on FLR then apply FLR but do not withdraw your existing case. Once your FLR is accepted then you can withdraw your SET(o) application.

Can you please share all the question they asked you in interview? This will help other to prepare incase they get call for interview.
Thanks mickey007,

How long it took your friend to vary application, I have already send SET (LR) application, which will be with HO tomorrow, In terms of acceptance of SET (LR) how & when would I now that it is accepted? is it when payment deducted or receipt of bio-metric letter.

Thank

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Yes that is correct payment and biometric request is the confirmation of your case acceptance or sometime you may receive acknowledgement letter.
It can take from 4 to 6 weeks.
I wish you good luck

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:57 pm

SM03KUW wrote:Hi Members please correct me if I am doing anything wrong here.
Applied ILR SET(O) in May 2016, receive letter in November about complex issue, had interview 15 Feb 2017.
In interview I been ask lots of questions about tax amendments (I have tax amendments and paying by direct debit).
Does anyone has idea how long it will take after interview?

I am thinning to vary from SET (O) to FLR (LR), because of reason that in case of adverse outcome my right to work stay as it is. Am I right?

Any idea how long it takes to vary application? Can home office reject variation?

Thanks in advance
Stay positive for the outcome of your first application, from last year nearly 80-90% of people have applied with tax amendments, i know some people with tax amendments who received ILR in the past. Your case could not be exceptional, but i understand they can just trouble you for it.
I got tax amend myself but i am positive about the outcome still waiting and chasing HO through my MP.
In case of any issue i will go for judicial review and will fight them to the end in the court. although i am eligible on 10 year basis to apply but i do not want to wait for another 6 to 10 months by reapplying again.
Hope we all receive our approval soon.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks for encouraging words it matters most now a days,
Just question for you, do know that in case if I get rejected on SET (O), then can I apply for SET (LR). What would be our right to during that time?
I know that if once SET (O) gets rejected then SET (LR) will also be rejected, but in that case we can fight in court while working. Which is different then going to JR.

Thanks

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Update on my application:

Contacted my local MP on 4th March, he wrote to UKVI on 6th March.

Received Self-employment questionnaire today dated 16th March.

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

SM03KUW wrote:Thanks for encouraging words it matters most now a days,
Just question for you, do know that in case if I get rejected on SET (O), then can I apply for SET (LR). What would be our right to during that time?
I know that if once SET (O) gets rejected then SET (LR) will also be rejected, but in that case we can fight in court while working. Which is different then going to JR.

Thanks
Hi,
your status will be the same as your previous resident card/visa, until you exercise all your legal rights.

You mentioned once SET(O) reject then SET(LR) be rejected too?
How do you know that did any solicitor told you about this?
Also are your applying LR on the basis of 10 years completion or any other?

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Vegeta wrote:Update on my application:

Hi Vegeta,

thanks for your update here.
I recently moved house

Can you please confirm did you receive the questionnaire through royal mail post or any private courier.
As i currently i got postal redirect setup with royal mail, but of course if it coming through another postal provider this may go to my old address, i been waiting from 23 Feb 2017 since my MP wrote to HO.

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Mickey

I dont know because they went to my solicitors address. But I guess they come through royal mail.
mickey007 wrote:

Hi Vegeta,

I recently moved house

Can you please confirm did you receive the questionnaire through royal mail post or any private courier.
As i currently i got postal redirect setup with royal mail, but of course if it coming through another postal provider this may go to my old address, i been waiting from 23 Feb 2017 since my MP wrote to HO.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am

Hi Mickey,

When I received letter they emailed me, they sent post to my address and a copy to solicitor.
But the best thing is to update ur current address with home office to save hassle. you can update only just by updating your passport i think. I have move after posting application. I update the address with home office.

mickey007 wrote:

Hi Vegeta,

I recently moved house

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi vegeta
Could you please share Self-employment questionnaire with us ? thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:Hi vegeta
It would be very similar to the list in the link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... 03628.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
sarahkhan175 wrote:Hi vegeta
It would be very similar to the list in the link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... 03628.html
The questionnaire they sent to me was slightly in detail to the one CR001 has linked to.

They asked in detail about amendment reasons (when did you discover, why did you amend, cause of error, what did you do after discovering error, any documents provided by HMRC to support amendment) and any late submissions and penalties for tax returns. They have also included a question asking full turnover, gross profit, net profit and expenses section)

They have included a full blank page for any additional information if you want to explain in detail.
R

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. I may get it in next few days. My MP has sent the letter on 07 Mar, let see what HO wants from me.

Fami0321
Newly Registered

Post by Fami0321 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi everyone
Dear can anyone kindly let me know how to contact case worker? ( preferably email address)
Actually I received my ilr after 6 months 20 days but they didn't return my life in U.K. Test result and also ihs fee ( I varied my application from flr(o) to set lr )

If anyone can help me I will be very grateful

Regards

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi,

As of I am aware if you withdraw your application they won't return the fee. When it comes to Life in Uk test . It's easy to get from the test centre if you have the number then from case worker. And there is no email or phone you can contact case worker. You can write to them but don't expect response.

Fami0321 wrote:Hi everyone
Dear can anyone kindly let me know how to contact case worker? ( preferably email address)
Actually I received my ilr after 6 months 20 days but they didn't return my life in U.K. Test result and also ihs fee ( I varied my application from flr(o) to set lr )

Regards

Fami0321
Newly Registered

Post by Fami0321 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm

thanks I didn't withdraw application I made variation thanks dear

And on my approval letter it says 01/11/2016 but they asked me to collect documents on 20/03/2017 ??? Does anyone have idea why is that?
Did home office make mistake or anything else

Thanks
Reddy7 wrote:Hi,

As of I am aware if you withdraw your application they won't return the fee. When it comes to Life in Uk test . It's easy to get from the test centre if you have the number then from case worker. And there is no email or phone you can contact case worker. You can write to them but don't expect response.

Fami0321 wrote:Hi everyone

Regards

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi i had interview today. So bad they asking all questions about my self employed. And they ask me to send bank statement from two bank.I already close 1 account so can't send them.what do i need to do?please advise me

Fami0321
Newly Registered

Post by Fami0321 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 pm

you can ask bank about your statements
Even though you closed your account it doesn't mean bank has destroyed their records they will give you if u tell them account number etc

Good luck
Shanu111 wrote:Hi i had interview today. So bad they asking all questions about my self employed. And they ask me to send bank statement from two bank.I already close 1 account so can't send them.what do i need to do?please advise me

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Shanu111 wrote:Hi i had interview today. So bad they asking all questions about my self employed. And they ask me to send bank statement from two bank.I already close 1 account so can't send them.what do i need to do?please advise me

Hi Shanu111,

I hope you get a good outcome on your interview ? can you please give us all more insight into all of your interview questions ? Why is HO asking you for more bank statements ?

Regards

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:10 pm

kamranasif2004 wrote:

Hi Shanu111,

I hope you get a good outcome on your interview ? can you please give us all more insight into all of your interview questions ? Why is HO asking you for more bank statements ?

Regards
Hi
it was 1hour and 30min.so embarrassing. They just asked me only self employed. They all about my case.

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:27 am

Hi
Had an interview last week and they asked me to send bank statementstatement from 2 bank.I can only send one bank statement and I have few problem in other bank.so any advice to avoid send that bank statement or my 10 year is completing next January. Please advice me